Everything Was a Mistake

Boi wtf even is this mystery ass shit. Not even a romance, just giving me horror mystery vibes.

Tho i am interested in how nocton plans to win her back... or ruin everything🤡

just like the title everything was a mistake so does reading this shiz IM CONFUSED AND SCARED AS HECK idk what's right and what's wrong anymore so imma yeet outta here lmfao ml scared the hell out of me

ok umm...I have to be honest cuz i've been past 22 chapters...I am sooooo confused on whats happening!! like whats going on here??? where is the flavor? the details? the plot development??

The title says it all and yes I am leaving out of here see ya guys on the other side!!! this manhwa is so frikin ridiculous I can't even understand anything at all now it's all over the place the plot! The character! And the love!! It's all just a big jumbo mistake!!!

Shit. My head hurts. Imma go take a nap...

Everything Was A Mistake?
Yeah, like reading this story, OOOOOOOOOOOOO~
lol just kidding

Dex-chan lover
I am surprised on how many people actually have no idea what is going on, were you reading too fast?

I've been reading people's comments below and how they're confused on what's going on. I admit that the story at the start seems a little rushed, but basically a girl reincarnates into a novel which she can't quite remember the full story. She only knows that the heroine (blondie) falls in love with the ML - who she thinks is Nocton Edgar.

The character in which she reincarnates into - Valrose - is what she remembers as the villainess. So like most typical story lines she tries to befriend the ML however, he's an a**hole to her throughout her childhood and so, she no longer wants to be friends (really they should have taken their time to show these bits because I think as readers, we get to see why she grows up disliking him.). She then goes to plan B and befriends the heroine. While in the novel herself she comes to realise she doesn't really remember anything about the original novel and didn't know that this world had magic users (the heroine and ML). Also, as the story progresses, she finds out that Nocton isn't the ML but the villain (this isn't a spoiler - this is literally what heroine been saying all this time).

ML is a sociopath who grows up in an mentally abusive and controlling household. He loves Valrose but doesn't know how to be "normal" about it.

Anyway, the story is a good one. Appreciate the artist for drawing this out but the manhwa doesn't explain everything; it's just moved further along the story line. For those who want to understand the story properly and then maybe come back to appreciate the art, the the online novel is here: www.novelupdates.com/series/everything-was-a-mistake/

From the romance tag and how things are going so far it seems that the main ship will be
Nocton x Duroa,
however I'm not sure how I feel about them with all the story has done to
paint Nocton as a villain who brainwashes people. Not to mention Duroa seems to hate/be afraid of Nocton, but one line in the last chapter, "I wanted to believe in him" or smth like that, implies she had secret feelings for him all along and/or liked him (as a friend or otherwise) at one point in time, which seems to contradict her reactions to Nocton's personality/black magic powers.

Dex-chan lover
I would like to explain, spoiler alert tho:

so basically, we have your typical reincarnation. However, our MC get close to the villain knowing nothing about it. After several bad treatment, she gives up on him. She then find potion about the past and realized that in original story, Nocton hypnosis the original body of Velrose to the level she cannot think on her own. This make our MC thinks whether the time they spend is based on hypnosis or not and how dangerous Nocton is. In fact, he's the caused of Velrose death in beginning.

But in terms of drama, ho boy it's high drama quality where you really can't put trust to ML just like that. We knew he f up all right. I also love how her fiancee and Alice is supportive and try to protect her because she is a precious friend.

Dex-chan lover
@Azure_1802

She wants to secure her future is understandable since she knew she'll die in the story. Even worse, after knowing original story, the real reason behind her true death makes her doubt grow more.

Also remember that he tried to hard to test her just to be friend. Throwing gift to pool? If it's me, I'll never come back lmao.

You can't put trust on people just like that, you need to gain it. So far, he did nothing to gain it. Even in Alice vision about tea party didn't help.

Aggregator gang
@comedyxtragedy: it's not HE who needed her trust, it was HER who approached him first. For someone who could always die by the hand of his own mother, or could read people's ulterior motives, and had only that ability as his most reliable comrade. How could he trust a stranger who approached him while his life-depending dark magic didn't work on them?
That's why she shouldn't spout around about being friends with him, they're on the level of long acquainted acquaintances, not friends. She approached him for her own benefits. She didn't trust him. She didn't even try to understand his situations, like, his real relationship with his family, i know friends don't pry into each other's family matters, but they've been close for 10 years, yet she didn't know his family wasn't good to him, she didn't even notice why he did all the 'tests', she only thought that "oh he's being a bitch again, i'll just go along, for my safety in the future", the same for the first name calling drama, etc. Then when she realized he wasn't her lifebuoy, she immediately cut ties with him. Not to mention she treated a guy she just knows several years way better just because he called her by her name and didn't 'test' her.
She's selfish and self-centered.

Fed-Kun's army
Like the title suggested.. the plotline went downhill really fast. It was originally a good 8/10 then it became 1/10 lol. "Everything was a mistake", I thought it was good until the author decided to let the plot die.

P.s: the author should really learn a little on how to dress up the characters. First time seeing FL drapes curtains to balls 😂😂😂

i think the author didnt expect to make this story to escalate to this way, it must because of the author didnt plan rightly? bec i at first expect a interesting plots since the opening was so unique and all. but now the plot makes things even complicated. But im still curious how will this story continue...so i'll continue it. All i hope was a good ending for every characters excepts for
the ml's family they sucks

Dex-chan lover
@Azure_1802

Well, by not treating them like shit. Now looks where it gets him, nowhere near our MC, full of regret.
Our MC basically the only person he can't read mind, stick for him for what, several years? It doesn't enough? Keep testing her? Even people has limit. I won't say that I don't pity him, but play stupid games win stupid prize.
She also thinks of him as friend until the last straw. She does not cut their relationship until she has enough. Remember that she thinks he is her life buoy, but quit only because the way he treats her. SHE QUITS HER LIFE BUOY. It's not until Alice tell her that she knows he's the villain. And even in original story, he is the reason why our MC is died. In fact she survives right now because she has different personality.
And between the person who treat you're right, of course our MC choose them. It's called having common sense and sanity 😀

Tbh although the story has many flaws i gotta say its somehow realistic. Like they all have emotions REAL emotions. They r ppl who wanna live, fear the unknown, and are not angels !!! So i think thats kinda a good story in my opinion. It makes u wonder about the next step each character is gonna take, and its less predictable. Also ofc it has lotsa misunderstandings cauz of all the future and magic elements and ofc its korean manahwa but it good nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread