Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Ch. 19.2

Dex-chan lover
Our Stocco
giphy.webp

Imagine Elrise wielding a stocco

Dex-chan lover
I hope the next arc is done right, it's kinda an important arc that really will change the course of everything that is going to happen here on out

Dex-chan lover
They changed this scene a lot huh? I swear Leila only broke her stance, not straight up dropping her weapon like a Stocco.

Dex-chan lover
I have also forgotten too much of the beginning, but isn't Elrise assuming the saint's position so that the real saint, Eterna, doesn't need to turn into a witch and die?
It's a rather essential part of "my literal purpose in life is to prevent Eterna dying", whether or not they state the exact plan.

They certainly hold back a lot more information in the manga, though.

Dex-chan lover
They changed this scene a lot huh? I swear Leila only broke her stance, not straight up dropping her weapon like a Stocco.
They did, they also skipped details, and Elrise iirc wield the sword of light, she doesn't throw it in this scene since she's actually better than anyone at swordfighting as well, not only magic, she's genuinely OP

Dex-chan lover
They did, they also skipped details, and Elrise iirc wield the sword of light, she doesn't throw it in this scene since she's actually better than anyone at swordfighting as well, not only magic, she's genuinely OP
Just to add to this detail, Elrise saw some Knights training one time and thought, what would happen if I used magic to copy their muscle movements in my own body? She then perfectly replicated the move plus the buffed with her stupidly high stats and then she used the copy movements to train. Just to remind everyone, in the game, Heroine Elrise's stats (ALL OF THEM) make people go like "those are still stats right...?"

Supporter
I hope the next arc is done right, it's kinda an important arc that really will change the course of everything that is going to happen here on out
I don't know the source material, but you should be very aware at this point that it's highly likely to be different in some manner or another.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't she supposed to give up the position of the saint to the real one ?
Here is the basic rundown refresh. It may be TMI but it should clear things up, and be useful for others who might be lost.

• Current Elrise is guy who was a fan of the game. Specifically he was a mega fan of Eterna, and aggressively tried to find a "happy" end for her.
  • However no matter how he searched, at best he could find a bittersweet bad end(for Eterna).
  • MC ends up reincarnating as the villainess, the fake saint Elrise. A character mistakenly taken as the saint as a child, who has such a high amount of talent with magic that even without real training, she can pass as the saint.
  • MC decides this is "her" chance to try to save Eterna. So she decides to train and become as powerful as she can, and to play the perfect role of the saint until she saves Eterna and reveals she was actually a fake and Eterna was the real one. And then fades off into the sunset, or farms while looking at a grateful universe or whatever(MC does not care what it will take for Eternas good end, including not caring what happens to herself)
  • Keeping Eterna(and everyone) in the dark is to use her position as "Saint" to the max, as well as to protect Eterna from threats. It's also in part keeping the original timeline somewhat the same for better knowledge of the future(original timeline it was a while before Elrise was exposed as a fake with people learning Eterna was the real one).
Or in short, Elrise plans to give Eterna her rightful position as Saint in the future, particularly when Elrise has ensured Eterna will have a happy ending. For now she continues to be a imposter like she has been for the past 10 years or so, keeping the truth to herself.

Dex-chan lover
Here is the basic rundown refresh. It may be TMI but it should clear things up, and be useful for others who might be lost.

• Current Elrise is guy who was a fan of the game. Specifically he was a mega fan of Eterna, and aggressively tried to find a "happy" end for her.
  • However no matter how he searched, at best he could find a bittersweet bad end(for Eterna).
  • MC ends up reincarnating as the villainess, the fake saint Elrise. A character mistakenly taken as the saint as a child, who has such a high amount of talent with magic that even without real training, she can pass as the saint.
  • MC decides this is "her" chance to try to save Eterna. So she decides to train and become as powerful as she can, and to play the perfect role of the saint until she saves Eterna and reveals she was actually a fake and Eterna was the real one. And then fades off into the sunset, or farms while looking at a grateful universe or whatever(MC does not care what it will take for Eternas good end, including not caring what happens to herself)
  • Keeping Eterna(and everyone) in the dark is to use her position as "Saint" to the max, as well as to protect Eterna from threats. It's also in part keeping the original timeline somewhat the same for better knowledge of the future(original timeline it was a while before Elrise was exposed as a fake with people learning Eterna was the real one).
Or in short, Elrise plans to give Eterna her rightful position as Saint in the future, particularly when Elrise has ensured Eterna will have a happy ending. For now she continues to be a imposter like she has been for the past 10 years or so, keeping the truth to herself.
Those + the fact that Elrise being a Saint right now actually convenient for her, because it makes it easier for Elrise to plan to save the characters she likes and do things without much problem since Saint position are really high in the hierarchy and gives a lot of freedom even though it's in "name" only (which is supposed to be above all the kings), it's how the fat Elrise get to be able to do whatever she wants on the other route until she got killed by Vernel & co. after being exposed as fake

Dex-chan lover
The "explanation" here seems simple to me.

"The last Saintess defeated the Witch at the time, but was later taken over by the Witch. But she is just a puppet or a suit. But he is too loyal to the last Saintess, so he is serving the Witch fooling himself that she is still the last Saintess. Meaning he is loyal to one but thinks he is being loyal to the other because the former is dressed as the later."

The "explanation" here seems simple to me.

"The last Saintess defeated the Witch at the time, but was later taken over by the Witch. But she is just a puppet or a suit. But he is too loyal to the last Saintess, so he is serving the Witch fooling himself that she is still the last Saintess. Meaning he is loyal to one but thinks he is being loyal to the other because the former is dressed as the later."
well spoilers big time about the curse, mate.

LEGIT SPOILERS

The curse doesnt control Alexia like a puppet or a suit though it can do it (which will be shown later in the epilogue of the story) it needs to fulfil a requirement that being the person the curse is inside at, has to be a saint and a corpse or at state of death but still alive somewhat like a coma.

The curse in question, doesnt actually control the person instead it controls their emotions, by amplifying their negative emotions. Meaning witch alexia is the same as saint alexia it just that the curse itself makes her feel less happiness less comfort less of any positive emotions and instead enhances her negative emotions like her anxiety towards fighting our MC, her hatred for being betrayed, her sadness of being the only one to have to suffer that curse while everybody else condemns her and wants to murder her.

point is the curse makes your negative emotions stronger and stronger and stronger and stronger to ends of time while weakening your positive emotions, and the curse does it by constantly giving mana to the user from the surrounding mana which is contaminated by negative emotions like people feeling inferior, sadness of being betrayed, anxiety of not having food and starving to death.

well if you read that long ass comment then thanks for reading and have a nice day, mate.

Last edited:
Contributor
So it's Dias who sets off the devastating truth to Leila. Maybe Elrise kept quiet so as to keep Leila's fighting spirit going as long as possible. But I wonder if the others heard the conversation too?

Users who are viewing this thread