Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Group Leader
Second screw-up, Elrise failed to properly mention Eterna, so now his misunderstanding (and crush) only deepens.
Actually, the MTLer failed to translate the furigana meaning on page 12.
"I think it would be good if you tried to deepen friendly relationships with people around you" has double meaning of "It would be good to raise Eterna's sympathy (as in game stat)" written above it. Though it's a text-based technique.

Contributor
Actually, the MTLer failed to translate the furigana meaning on page 12.
"I think it would be good if you tried to deepen friendly relationships with people around you" has double meaning of "It would be good to raise Eterna's sympathy (as in game stat)" written above it. Though it's a text-based technique.
Unless Elrise literally wrote text in front of Ver, I think the furigana was simply there to explicitly inform the reader about the double meaning.

(This is not a comment about the translation, but a comment about the story itself) I still think Elrise should have stated explicitly to Ver that he should take care of Eterna, he won't get it from a vague statement with a double meaning because he's already blinded by his crush on Elrise.

Dex-chan lover
Interestingly enough the main character dude was an isolationist otaku who didn't care for friends, only his games, so how exactly would he be well equipped to understand people's hearts in the isekai either? He can act like a splendid, utterly unselfish saint because that's specifically a fictional character type, not realistic, so an otaku would be exactly the right man for the job. But that's not real bidirectional interaction with people, by far. Thus this neo-Elrise is quite hopeless at it.

Dex-chan lover
Mans speedrunning for Elrise :aquadrink:
At this rate, the best way to ensure happiness for Eterna is to just take her for yourself

Fed-Kun's army
Why bother translating, but then putting in the untranslated word with a TL note of the actual translation. Like, huh? What's the point? I remember this stuff being done a lot in the 2010's but it kind of took me out of the story a bit seeing it in 2023+.

Users who are viewing this thread