Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
"If I knew it will turn out like this, I wouldn't have gone to the forest in spite of my mother's words."

Well, if you don't believe your parent says, sometimes hands-on experience is better. Sure, you may be traumatized for life, but hey, trauma makes you remember, right?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So... since Elrise is doing such a good job trying to defeat the Witch before Eternia is accused of being her, Eternia herself is thinking she is her?

Since the mindset is that both the Saint and the Witch have the same body consitution that makes them immune to damage, and Elrise him/herself knows Eternia is the Saint, but claims Elrise (the original, and thus the current one too) is a fake with just overwhelming power... I wonder if we already met the Witch?

I wonder now about how the original story went. He supposedly played through all routes, so he knows.
So if the Witch is Elrise, it was never said explicitly since he would have a proper idea if so. The original story never focused on her though, so it is possible... and now that he is her, he will find out firsthand.
Doubt it is Eternia. He claimed outright she is the real Saintess.

Of course, there is a chance that the Witch is not incarnated yet, and will possess someone, leading to Eternia either sacrificing herself to stop her or being possessed and killed in the original story.
If so, as much as she is trying to help Eternia her misunderstanding about Elrise would be leading her right into the Witch's grasp. And since she is the real Saintess...
...and I think this is the most likely possibility. Because drama, even if it is a comedic story.

Dex-chan lover
For people that are a bit confused regarding the matter of why Eterna thinks she's the witch, I'll explain how the Saint-Witch system works. However, be warned that it is spoilers.

As stated before, the saint and the witch are basically the only people on the planet that shares the "dark" element. Dark element is actually space magic and the reason for both of their invincibility is because their dark magic technically make them part of a different space so conventional attacks and magic which operate on "normal" space has no effect in the dark element space. Saint and witches can hurt each other because their magic auto carry the "dark" attribute so their magic operate in the same space. Normally Elrise, for all her stupidly OP magic, can't actually hurt the witch, which is why she took some of Vernell's dark power, which was originally a fragment of the witch's. This gives her access to the dark element which means she can now also be one of the people that can kill the witch besides the saint proper. Now as for how the Saint-Witch system works, yes, it is actually a system.

The first witch was actually something made by the world to combat a very specific threat at the time, but after completing her mission, she was corrupted and turned her power on the rest of the world. The world responded by creating a saint and armed her with the same element so she could at least fight the witch. The problem is that since the saint has to be the same element, it means the curse of the witch can inhabit her body and corrupt her as it did the first witch. Now the curse doesn't automatically transfer to the next saint, it instead transfers to the person that killed the witch, but since only the saint can kill the witch, it means for the longest time the curse just transfers to the saint. This generation is a bit odd because the previous saint and current witch, in an effort to resist/end the curse tried to split it off from herself, it didn't work as she only split her own soul, which found Vernell because his body could withstand having the dark element. Then Elrise took a portion of it for her saint role play. Since it is common knowledge that only the saint and witch are conventionally invincible, Eterna's thought process is "Elrise is literally too amazing to be a witch, so by process of elimination, I AM THE WITCH CRY CRY CRY".

Dex-chan lover
some of the comments here worry me slightly.
so still i am uprised how well he plays the saint

Dex-chan lover
For people that are a bit confused regarding the matter of why Eterna thinks she's the witch, I'll explain how the Saint-Witch system works. However, be warned that it is spoilers.

As stated before, the saint and the witch are basically the only people on the planet that shares the "dark" element. Dark element is actually space magic and the reason for both of their invincibility is because their dark magic technically make them part of a different space so conventional attacks and magic which operate on "normal" space has no effect in the dark element space. Saint and witches can hurt each other because their magic auto carry the "dark" attribute so their magic operate in the same space. Normally Elrise, for all her stupidly OP magic, can't actually hurt the witch, which is why she took some of Vernell's dark power, which was originally a fragment of the witch's. This gives her access to the dark element which means she can now also be one of the people that can kill the witch besides the saint proper. Now as for how the Saint-Witch system works, yes, it is actually a system.

The first witch was actually something made by the world to combat a very specific threat at the time, but after completing her mission, she was corrupted and turned her power on the rest of the world. The world responded by creating a saint and armed her with the same element so she could at least fight the witch. The problem is that since the saint has to be the same element, it means the curse of the witch can inhabit her body and corrupt her as it did the first witch. Now the curse doesn't automatically transfer to the next saint, it instead transfers to the person that killed the witch, but since only the saint can kill the witch, it means for the longest time the curse just transfers to the saint. This generation is a bit odd because the previous saint and current witch, in an effort to resist/end the curse tried to split it off from herself, it didn't work as she only split her own soul, which found Vernell because his body could withstand having the dark element. Then Elrise took a portion of it for her saint role play. Since it is common knowledge that only the saint and witch are conventionally invincible, Eterna's thought process is "Elrise is literally too amazing to be a witch, so by process of elimination, I AM THE WITCH CRY CRY CRY".
i hope eterna's missunderstanding solved quickly.

Dex-chan lover
Lmfao Supple is finally here lol in full Perverted Glass Bastard XD

Contributor
Damn, poor real saint 😢

Also normalizing grooming, very cool Japan, very cool 😐

Dex-chan lover
Damn how do I even describe all of the insanity that happens later?

I'll try to make a TLDR version

Basically FMC becomes akin to a Goddess and she decides to kill the Gods and all of heaven to save the world from their wicked manipulations of the fate of mankind, she even kills the actual creator God, the gods are like lovecraftian abominations, she then goes and visits other timelinea and saves them too as a legit Goddess in epic Dbz style fights

Dex-chan lover
Having read the story already and seeing the knight character so happy makes the ending hit much harder.

Dex-chan lover
Damn how do I even describe all of the insanity that happens later?

I'll try to make a TLDR version

Basically FMC becomes akin to a Goddess and she decides to kill the Gods and all of heaven to save the world from their wicked manipulations of the fate of mankind, she even kills the actual creator God, the gods are like lovecraftian abominations, she then goes and visits other timelinea and saves them too as a legit Goddess in epic Dbz style fights

As long as this also doesn't include shield hero-levels of misogyny it sounds like it will be a fun ride.

Dex-chan lover
As long as this also doesn't include shield hero-levels of misogyny it sounds like it will be a fun ride.
Nah, this is more of a cosmic threat level story about gods and the way they twist the world to their liking, the gods look like something from another planet, truly alien looking abominations whose thought process is alien to mankind

Users who are viewing this thread