Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Vol. 2 Ch. 13.1

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't it be easier to fire Leila and hire a more reasonable, relaxed guard? There are very few entities in that world that can pose any threat to Elrise, anyway, so the guard is only there to offer an extra pair of eyes. If she makes Elrise hate her life, she's counterproductive.

Dex-chan lover
He proceeded to have a mental breakdown right then and there.

image.png

Double-page supporter
Wouldn't it be easier to fire Leila and hire a more reasonable, relaxed guard? There are very few entities in that world that can pose any threat to Elrise, anyway, so the guard is only there to offer an extra pair of eyes. If she makes Elrise hate her life, she's counterproductive.
Several reasons explained in wn(ln should have same details)
1. Leila is the strongest knight in the country.
2. She is also a possible love interest for MC.
3. She is a woman. The Oji-san inside the fake saint do not want any dude near her.

can you, a respectable citizen, go into a police station and fire a policeman, just because he was mean to you?
Do you really think Elrise is paying Leila, or for anything for that matter?

As a side note.
This story, is like a divorce being told through the eyes of a 10 years old. Happy he receives 2x presents but doesn't realize their parents are fighting a war

For this reasons characters are overexaggerated, tough I think manga does it more( worse) than the novel.

Dex-chan lover
Leila has beautiful/handsome face and nice body.
- Elrise (WN)

I too support Lady Saint for otherworldly and reasonable outlook on people.

Dex-chan lover
can you, a respectable citizen, go into a police station and fire a policeman, just because he was mean to you?
Do you really think Elrise is paying Leila, or for anything for that matter?
If a president of the country is very unhappy with one of his/her bodyguards, do you think it would be impossible for the president to get that person replaced with another? And no, the president is not paying to have bodyguards out of his/her own pocket in any republic, probably not even in dictatorships.

I, as a more or less respectable citizen, do not have a cop guarding me 24/7, so your question isn't applicable.

If the country feels like Elrise is so important she needs a personal guard, it's unlikely the same country wouldn't give a damn if Elrise requested the guard to be changed because she gives Elrise zero face and tries to control every aspect of her life. The country would switch the guard immediately, fearing Elrise will move to another country if they don't do it.

But yeah, other people already answered that Elrise wants to keep her around because she's beautiful and Elrise is actually hard M.

I don't know how to delete a message.
Decided that Leila might be to much of a spolier, so yeah, won't go into further details

believe what you want

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If a president of the country is very unhappy with one of his/her bodyguards, do you think it would be impossible for the president to get that person replaced with another? And no, the president is not paying to have bodyguards out of his/her own pocket in any republic, probably not even in dictatorships.

I, as a more or less respectable citizen, do not have a cop guarding me 24/7, so your question isn't applicable.

If the country feels like Elrise is so important she needs a personal guard, it's unlikely the same country wouldn't give a damn if Elrise requested the guard to be changed because she gives Elrise zero face and tries to control every aspect of her life. The country would switch the guard immediately, fearing Elrise will move to another country if they don't do it.

But yeah, other people already answered that Elrise wants to keep her around because she's beautiful and Elrise is actually hard M.
As the others have said, Leila is THE best knight in her country, and possibly the 2nd most loyal one (maybe a little behind Supple-sensei lol) and as for why Leila has to guard her 24/7 strictly is because of

It's been a long time so I might miss some titbit, but to sum it up, Witches and Saints are one and the same, and the circle so far is that the Witch ravages and makes people suffer, the Saint is then awaken 10 years later to beat down the Witch, but after the Witch is killed the Witch power will haunt the current Saint who then have to endure for at best 5 years, then people will suffer again until a new Saint come out. Note that the Witch will never die by any other mean since the Witch power itself will prevent it.

This make the cycle to be Human in peace for 5 years (thanks to the Saint enduring the Witch's power) > The Witch comes out and attacks for 10 years > new Saint awaken and beat the Witch > Human in peace for 5 years again. This, however got really dicey as the Saint 2 generations before Elrise got killed before she can even touch the Witch which ended up empowering the Witch and having people suffer again until the previous Saint (or the current generation Witch) to be awaken and beat her after so much hardship.

As you know a Saint can keep the peace for 5 years, but Elrise, being way too strong for a Saint, ended up keeping the peace for 7 years before she even awaken her Saint power (though we know there will be no awaken since she aint one, we know she's been borrowing it from Vernel in the early chapters), no monsters popping up the moment you get out of the city gate anymore, no villages suffer any damage, even a country that's doom to fall like the the last couple chapters get a comeback thanks to Elrise's presence. So her value as a Saint is that of 100, or even 1000 Saints combine, because not only she's cuffing the Witch, she's saving multiple countries from collapsing and even enriching it seeing how she flew everywhere the moment she know there're demons there and blessing the land with her magic.

So they left a "guard" for her for 3 reasons:
1. "A Saint is to be pure, vulgar things are not to be in front of her eyes, she is not to be tainted with dirty things and we need someone to swipe that off before she notice it" it's my own interpretation, but a guard duty for this is to check and eliminate those who might desire to take advantage of the Saint, be it for their fame, money or just a horndog going after her body.
2. The Saint is separated from her family at an early age, everyone listen and do everything she asked for, but at the end of the day, they aren't her "friend", the Saint need a "companion" who could stand by her side, listen to her need and forming a bond with each other. Leila is just way too serious at her job since she dreamed of guarding a Saint in her younger age, a bit of an airhead, but a devoted one nonetheless.
3. Fun fact did you know all the kings know about this Witch and Saint circle? Which is why the 2nd reason is really relevant, a Saint's guard is also being used as a "shackle", so the Saint who is about to become a Witch has to endure it and wait until she got taken over without doing anything to the country's king or the people there even after knowing the fact cuz their knight/friend became a hostage the moment they got back to the country after defeating the Witch.

There are other stuffs as well like the first Witch and the first Saint, the OG Elrise's reason for how she become a villainess, or the author's identity of the game, but those are heavy spoilers since it was reveal almost at the end of the story. Also damn this is not a short version now that I look at it kekw.

Dex-chan lover
As the others have said, Leila is THE best knight in her country, and possibly the 2nd most loyal one (maybe a little behind Supple-sensei lol) and as for why Leila has to guard her 24/7 strictly is because of

I'm not going to read spoilers, but Elrise could probably beat the 10 most powerful knights without breaking sweat. I'm not blaming her for wanting a beautiful guard, but the guard's primary job isn't to protect her. An enemy strong enough to be a threat to Elrise wouldn't even notice someone like Leila. It looks like Leila's superiors told Leila to keep the rabble away from Elrise (such a healthy attitude), but Elrise herself wants to mingle with other people. So, Leila is trying to, in practice, make Elrise unhappy.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not going to read spoilers, but Elrise could probably beat the 10 most powerful knights without breaking sweat. I'm not blaming her for wanting a beautiful guard, but the guard's primary job isn't to protect her. An enemy strong enough to be a threat to Elrise wouldn't even notice someone like Leila. It looks like Leila's superiors told Leila to keep the rabble away from Elrise (such a healthy attitude), but Elrise herself wants to mingle with other people. So, Leila is trying to, in practice, make Elrise unhappy.
You asked question, others answered but you disagreed, then when the answer include spoiler you don't want to read it, then what's the point of asking? When you also answer parts of it yourself? I mean yeah the one you came up with is the most obvious one but, what's the point of us who tried to satisfy your curiosity then? And no I'm not criticizing you, it might include a little of my ranting but again, we don't know what to do to have you go "Oh, I understand. Thank you for explaining"

Well if you are double down on your statement then good for you I guess? Might as well read the novel too if you're still curious about it, since the whole thing is finished and you don't have to wait, it's short but quite a good read imo.

Dex-chan lover
After seeing the "translated from russian" (but you also uploaded the russian version, which i assume was translated from the english version (which was translated from the russian version)) it's funny to see the translations looking almost identical.

Dex-chan lover
You asked question, others answered but you disagreed, then when the answer include spoiler you don't want to read it, then what's the point of asking? When you also answer parts of it yourself? I mean yeah the one you came up with is the most obvious one but, what's the point of us who tried to satisfy your curiosity then? And no I'm not criticizing you, it might include a little of my ranting but again, we don't know what to do to have you go "Oh, I understand. Thank you for explaining"

Well if you are double down on your statement then good for you I guess? Might as well read the novel too if you're still curious about it, since the whole thing is finished and you don't have to wait, it's short but quite a good read imo.

I mean no offense to anyone, but I never read spoilers if I can help it. I don't see the point in spoiling oneself purposefully. People can still write opinions, speculations, theories, and guesses without knowing stuff from the source material. I'm thankful people here do use the spoiler tags, so I don't accidentally read spoilers.

I could read the novel, but I mostly prefer the manga as a medium.

Dex-chan lover
I mean no offense to anyone, but I never read spoilers if I can help it. I don't see the point in spoiling oneself purposefully. People can still write opinions, speculations, theories, and guesses without knowing stuff from the source material. I'm thankful people here do use the spoiler tags, so I don't accidentally read spoilers.

I could read the novel, but I mostly prefer the manga as a medium.
I'm not offended by any mean from what you said don't worry, I did say it has a bit of my ranting there since I have been in the same situation long ago where someone asked a question on a thread, we answered as much as we can just for them to disagreed and lash back at us for "answering" them, doubling down on their assumption and not accept anything else, turn out they just want someone to agree to their post, not some opinions that conflict with theirs.

Also yes using spoiler tags for anything that isn't relevant to the story yet is commonsense for me, spoiling people of their own fun trying to figure out stuff as if you're the better person who knows everything in a story is just bad etiquette, plus it doesn't bring anything to the table since some of the spoilers are so far ahead that you don't even know what is what.

That said back to the topic of your original question, I tried to figure out a way to make it so it doesn't spoil the story too much while justify Leila's action. And that should be the Knight's responsibility, while Elrise is stronger than anyone else, there has to be someone who know where she was and what she's doing. If by any chance Elrise goes missing and Leila, who is her knight, to be unaware, then not just Leila herself but probably her household and future generation are being at risk of being "shun" due to not knowing where the Saint went and did, that the Knight who's always next to the Saint, supposed to know.

We've seen Leila allowing our Saint to go to school, no Saint was allow to go to the school beside Elrise iirc, since Saint was educated at an early age like you have seen in earlier chapters when Elrise was still little, so Leila was already quite lenient with her, even allowing Elrise to bath with the other girls in the end despite her refusing quite firmly, this time though I think it's got nothing to do with how Elrise going out to destroy demons alone but the fact that she's going without telling Leila. If Leila knows a country is in trouble and Elrise want to go out to vent save them then she'd have allowed it, though knowing how devoted Leila is from several chapters before hand she probably will asked to be carried along.

Dex-chan lover
If by any chance Elrise goes missing and Leila, who is her knight, to be unaware, then not just Leila herself but probably her household and future generation are being at risk of being "shun" due to not knowing where the Saint went and did, that the Knight who's always next to the Saint, supposed to know.

Elrise should negotiate with the kingdom a deal of having a bodyguard who won't be held responsible. That would only be fair to the bodyguard, who really can't be expected to control someone of Elrise's power. Furthermore, if the bodyguard cared less personally, it would be easier for her. That is, a bodyguard only doing her job, not being a huge fan like Leila, and thus taking everything Elrise does personally. At the end of the day, Elrise wants to do much more than Leila would be willing to accept. A situation where Elrise is sneaking here and there behind Leila's back serves nobody.

Users who are viewing this thread