Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Vol. 2 Ch. 14.2

Dex-chan lover
"Saint. Found you. Get ready to die."
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Group Leader
This is a problem with SO MANY translations than I don't want to pick on you, but contrary to what the dictionary says, 'uso' is (mostly) not 'lie', it's 'no way', or 'this can't be happening' or 'god damn it' or 'fuuuck' but not 'this is a deliberate lie' unless you're going for the literal (and wrong) MTL. The simple check is 'is someone accusing someone of deliberately maliciously telling them something untrue?' If so then it could be 'That's a lie!' but usually it's 'I don't believe it!'

So page 3 panel 6 should be 'Impossible! This can't be happening!' and then page 4 panel 1 would be 'No!' 'No!', or 'No way! No way!' or even 'fuck!' 'god damn it!' but not, 'lie!' 'lie!'

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is a problem with SO MANY translations than I don't want to pick on you, but contrary to what the dictionary says, 'uso' is (mostly) not 'lie', it's 'no way', or 'this can't be happening' or 'god damn it' or 'fuuuck' but not 'this is a deliberate lie' unless you're going for the literal (and wrong) MTL. The simple check is 'is someone accusing someone of deliberately maliciously telling them something untrue?' If so then it could be 'That's a lie!' but usually it's 'I don't believe it!'

So page 3 panel 6 should be 'Impossible! This can't be happening!' and then page 4 panel 1 would be 'No!' 'No!', or 'No way! No way!' or even 'fuck!' 'god damn it!' but not, 'lie!' 'lie!'
IMPOSSIBRU

Group Leader

Fixed.
Me who have read the web novel half a year ago seeing the doggo: "Ahh shit here we go again :fml: "
Judging by how the manga has been done so far, it's likely to fuck it up. :nyoron:

Users who are viewing this thread