Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad!

Dex-chan lover
Story feels bootleg of " I Would Die to Have Your First Time " to an extent, id hope the story become better tho, for now at ch 6.2 it feels like your usual isekai where story kind of meh

Dex-chan lover
This is great manga! Are there WN and LN? Which novel is more worthy to read?

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty good thus far if I completely ignore the few real world pages of the story which is not quite to my tastes

Pretty good, though I'm trembling with the deepL translation its a little better than google translate. Anyways, this series is a fresh one, and I haven't seen any similar case where the dude became the villainess and majestically turnes her into a darn goddess. What gets me here is the cute artstyle and much bewbs. 👁👄👁

Dex-chan lover
Well... huh.
Just read the first 7 chapters, and I hope this starts to take off.

I like to leave it "On Hold" for a bit and devour a whole bunch at once; anybody know if this has an effect on the stats, or anything?

"I came looking for copper and found gold"

Well written and Solid plot, even though it's a genben

i reallyenjoy and satisfied with the wn

Dex-chan lover
Man, I already read the WN and that's probably one of my most favourite WN/LN I've ever read damn, 3 times re-read and still good. I hope the manga will be as good as well.

Genuinely one of the better mangas I've read. I couldn't stop laughing with each chapter! Such a simple set up but the way the plot is executed is so fun. I hope the translations keep going!

Dex-chan lover
"It gets good once the main plot is established"
Somehow this is really not convincing me to read it XD
No judgement but that's the way for me

I just had this hate for some manga that other says "It get good later" when im 100 ch. in and it's still bad T-T

Edit :
Read it and it's okay for started (1st ch in) gonna read the rest when I had the time ;-;

To quote the MC:
Auk8xfM.png

ngl, while the novel was legitimately really good, this adaptation just isn't holding up at all imho.

It's paced way too fast, giving hardly any time to establishing core setting details that become plot important later.
major events like Elrise's first meeting with Vernell or the cliff scene get cut down to merely a handful of pages (most of which are focused on large panels filling most of the page)

Additionally, the tone is all over the place. The novel had a constant emphasis on the conflict between Elrise's personal view of the world, seeing it merely as a game at first, and the very dark nature of a world enveloped by constant conflict with an ancient supernatural force, hoping for merely brief periods of peace protected by the Saint.
That internal conflict as Elrise slowly learns to value her place in the world is so central to the work, but this adaptation hardly shows the slightest peeks at Elrise's thoughts.

At first I thought it was just rushing to get past the youth of Elrise, and to the school arc. that's the bulk of the story, and it seems reasonable to have a lot of the characterization happen there (with flashbacks to give detail on the stuff skipped)
but even after getting to that point, it continues at this extreme pace ignoring almost all of the character and emotional detail that made the original compelling.

After 11 chapters of this adaptation, I'm honestly giving up on it. I maintain that the original work is really good and worth reading, but I can't in good conscience recommend this adaptation.
2/10, good only if you want to have some art to remind you of the major points of the original work (that you've already read)

Dex-chan lover
The transmigrator was a piece of shit and the person he transmigrated into was also a piece of shit. A combination of shit and shit would cause an accident – to create the greatest fake saint shitshow of the year!
Tbh, I'm quite uncomfortable with this part of the summary.

In my opinion, the novel is much better.

The manga art is very cute, the expressions are perfect, but… there’s just too much missing. The pacing is so fast…

The multiple perspectives in the novel was really important to me. And some characters were glossed over (though understandable).

I think this is the kind of story that benefits from a lot of detail and banter. I read the novel at least 3 times… it’s so good and ties into itself so well… even if you don’t like the manga (or even if you do),

PLEASE READ THE NOVEL!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread