Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad!

Fed-Kun's army
In my opinion, the novel is much better.

The manga art is very cute, the expressions are perfect, but… there’s just too much missing. The pacing is so fast…

The multiple perspectives in the novel was really important to me. And some characters were glossed over (though understandable).

I think this is the kind of story that benefits from a lot of detail and banter. I read the novel at least 3 times… it’s so good and ties into itself so well… even if you don’t like the manga (or even if you do),

PLEASE READ THE NOVEL!!!!!!!!
The webnovel or the lightnovel?

I still find it unreasonably hilarious that what was originally a side bit villain with no name in the original version, is currently the MC's most USEFUL and VERSATILE ally, shown by being proudly front and center in the little spread of her allies, plus the fact that he has consistently been the backbone of half her recent plans.
Truly, Supple Ment is a man worthy of praise! XD

Supporter
First three volumes of the LN (official English translation) are up on Amazon as of this post. I really liked them. This manga version is so-so.

Banned
First three volumes of the LN (official English translation) are up on Amazon as of this post. I really liked them. This manga version is so-so.
so how does this end? Like does s/he end up with both the real saint and the boy that was supposed to be the real saint's bf?

so how does this end? Like does s/he end up with both the real saint and the boy that was supposed to be the real saint's bf?
Neither in the WN, after a very serious and emotional battle and cleanup, Elrise ended up living with only a maid and laze around, with guests occasionally visiting (like a retirement vacation). If you're expecting romance from Elrise, then it is just not that kind of story.

Supporter
The fourth and final volume is out in March so I don't know how the LN will end yet. WN ending was provided in spoilers above.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't read the novel, but I agree the pacing of the manga is incredibly irratic. It's like it doesn't know what it wants to focus on, and the story doesn't seem to really go anywhere.

I mean, the school arc is just exhausting to go through. Events have no emotional depth to them, since we already know the result beforehand, and any consequence is nill.

Shit just happens and repeats itself with no real purpose, yet the plot also advances in the timeline really quickly, as if nothing matters.

TLDR: Art is very good, good start, real mediocre ten chapters in.

Dex-chan lover
The fourth and final volume is out in March so I don't know how the LN will end yet. WN ending was provided in spoilers above.
I just finished reading the final (4th vol) of the LN. Very satisfying. It's one of those stories where I don't want to even give obscure hints.

Dex-chan lover
This is great manga! Are there WN and LN? Which novel is more worthy to read?
I don't know about the web novel but I've read the light novel all the way through and it's actually pretty good, it does seem generic at the start but it gets better a couple chapters in.

I didn't read the novel, but I agree the pacing of the manga is incredibly irratic. It's like it doesn't know what it wants to focus on, and the story doesn't seem to really go anywhere.
Is not only too fast paced, the pacing is all messed up
they started giving hints of the real story of the witch
they are still at the half mark of the second book
that doesn't get revealed until the last bit of the third book

The LN are so much better
the art here is good, but is just so rushed!!

Understandable since the author has the tendency to show the same scene twice or thrice (from diff povs) for comedy or drama's sake, very often, and drawing all that is just not feasible, specially with how rushed things already are

Would've loved if they gave the sensei the time they needed to fully adapt the story well. If you liked this, please do read the LN, they are so good!!

Dex-chan lover
Would've loved if they gave the sensei the time they needed to fully adapt the story well. If you liked this, please do read the LN, they are so good!!

I believe you, however, at this point, the story's too much a pain in tbe arse to follow.

I still can't get over how often the 'Basically Unnamed Evil Teacher Character' continuously steals the entire show and comes out as the most useful and badass of them all. XD

Users who are viewing this thread