False Child - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Birthday

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Yuzu's death caused them to not want to have another child. Now with Suika helping them come to terms with her death they might be okay with trying to conceive another one, and Suika gets to be a big sister. Since both Yuzu (orange) and Suika (watermelon) are named after fruits I wonder if they would name the next child Ringo (apple), Ichigo (strawberry) or Mikan (tangerine). That'd be adorable

Dex-chan lover
Is it kinda weird to celebrate a dead person's birthday?
Anyway, weird or not, I gotta wipe my tears off first.

Dex-chan lover
Is it kinda weird to celebrate a dead person's birthday?
Anyway, weird or not, I gotta wipe my tears off first.

My family did it for a few years with my grandma. We didn't like her but we loved her because we wanted to say goodbye. Many cultures celebrate the dead's birthday if they felt it was too early or not "loved" enough to move on. There was a cat youtube channel who lost their cat and celebrated the day they adopted their cat into their lives who passed away last year. Sometimes we are thankful for those being in their lives that we never want to forget. That's why there is many holidays celebrating loved ones such as obon and dia de muetos.

I think that they won't ever forget Yuzu's birthday because they basically see her face every day on Suika. It's very bittersweet. Yuzu's death is the reason why Suika is in their lives. I can see why the parents celebrate their birthday as a thankful for Suika being in their lives. Suika had no one. She was all alone.

Death is sad but it did bring a positive impact for those 3.

Group Leader
Maaan, I'm at work and this made me cry :meguuusad: :meguuusad: :meguuusad:
I'm glad though, she'll finally join the family for real! uwu <3

Dex-chan lover
<Extremely Walter Cronkite voice> Damn, what a chapter. Damn, what a chapter, indeed.

Dex-chan lover
Nana, Kouhei and Sacchan were still languishing prior to Suika's arrival, but they're slowly coming to terms with the facts. Suika showed heavy guilt upon learning about Yuzu's fate, to the point where she refuses to replace Yuzu like some sort of skinwalker. She doesn't act like Yuzu either way, which only helps show the difference between them despite looking identical.
Her presence is helping the people around her move on, so that the final memory of Yuzu isn't of her death, but is instead segued into how Suika considers her an older sister, and how she wants to make good on her promise to be nice towards the people she met. From then on, the wounds begin to heal.

Dex-chan lover
image.png
jerma_point_meme.png

My shitposting aside, I hope that this manga continues to be as enjoyable as it's been thus far. Honestly, if it ends in a few chapters with this same pace, I wouldn't even be mad.

Dex-chan lover
i shouldn't read this manga at work. people would thing i cry because of work!

Whenever I see a arc wrap up like this and there's a cute little story, I always get worried. Been burned too many times by cancellation.

Anyway glad they made it official as a family.

Users who are viewing this thread