Fasting?

Aggregator gang
What's the longest you've went without eating and how did it affect you physically and mentally? I'm going to fast for a week starting tomorrow. I've only tried fasting for a day at a time, perhaps 6-10 times in my life. My strategy will be working out enough to keep muscle but not enough to tire myself out, and drinking plenty of water. I don't know whether or not this is insane, but I'll find out on day 4, which is when it's supposed to get easier.

I did a 1.5-day water fast. I was originally going to do 3 days but by the second day, I started having a severe headache with some dizzy spells and I couldn't concentrate at all on my work. So, I just gave up. Ate noodles+soup and slept. When I woke up, I did feel better. Weight-wise, I didn't lose that much, less than 1 kg.

I never retried it since it wasn't a pleasant experience for me and I actually did need to work at that time. With the stress and all that might be why I couldn't go for the third day.

But normally, I do Ramadan fasting since I'm Muslim but maybe because I have done it since I was a child, it isn't that hard.

Let me know your experience ~

Good Luck !!

Dex-chan lover
Again one those rich kids trying to steal our "Broke Culture"....

What will you do next?
Sleeping on the Ground and take cold showers?

This his our stuff Goddammit!

Supporter
I skipped two meal (not voluntary just got really busy and forgot to eat) and fainted at work so fasting is a no from me. If you can afford it with your physical condition and workload then go ahead and see how it goes. But keep some kind of ration or any high-protein food with you in case you start to feel faint

Dude thats not healty. If you are bothered by your weight or something, just eat less, but enough to keep you going, make exercise. Try to alter your food, instead of the shit that supermarkets throw at you, try eating more healty products like fruits and veggies.

Dex-chan lover
if you just do drink: before you go batshit, you'll malnourished. some culture has proper fasting procedure, you might want to copy that.

Aggregator gang
@vinsegas I'm in top shape and I strategize my meals carefully, so weight/nutrition isn't an issue.
@hazzack I believe you, which is why I'll only be doing this once.
@BlackGeneral I already tried sleeping on the ground and taking cold showers. I found the pros to be massively outweighed by the cons. 0/10 wouldn't do again.

Users who are viewing this thread