Fate/strange Fake - Vol. 4 Ch. 14 - The Passion of a Nameless Soldier (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Watcher itself seems to be taking the form of Moby Dick (Leviathan?)
Whereas its Shadows that I'm pretty sure of seem to be Captain Ahab, Icarus, Asclepius, Amelia Earhart. As for the other two I'm guessing Male Musashi and no idea.
People on reddit speculate that the theme The Shadows all share is hubris so we'll see where that goes.

Fed-Kun's army
@LordRoku
He didn't summon himself, more like his servant is to buff him into becoming a servant somehow. Think Shakespeare buffing his Master's combat abilities so that the the Master actually does the fighting. How this actually works? Read the LN.

Dex-chan lover
“Blackbeard”

Wew. Almost changed the tone of this entire series. Anyway, has anyone shared any ideas on why all these guys showed up? If Watcher is meant to turn him into Lancer, could it be that it intends to give him the abilities of whichever one of these characters it finds best matches him after observing his performance? Maybe even a mix is possible.

Fed-Kun's army
You will become the lancer that pierce all of creation

So he was summoned huh. GGWP.

latest

Fed-Kun's army
@LordTrollbias
Personally, I'm more a fan of the theory that all of them are people who could have became legends. Those that did legendary feats but failed in the end to achieve their true goal so they were not acknowledged as heroes in the eyes of the rest of humanity.

Captain Ahab - Hunted Moby Dick, one of the divine beasts who reign at the peak of the magical monster hierarchy. Described as Nasu to be "more super weaponish" than a living being. Even though he failed in the end, he still managed to do a number on such a creature while coming from a time where the great magics and heroes have waned. Heroes from the time of the gods probably couldn't have taken down Moby Dick but he still spent his life hunting it before getting killed by it.

Icarus - Although he died in the end while trying to reach the sun, he still managed flight which is a pretty damn big deal, especially in an age of mythology where the sun and the skies are territories of the divine (kinda like Tesla and lightning).

Asclepius - Although he became so skilled in healing that he was able to revive the head, he was killed by the gods as a result.

Amelia Earhart - Tried to be the first person to fly around the world. Which is probably a lot bigger deal in Fate than in our world (once again, see how Tesla harnessing the power of lightning which used to be a divine mystery gave him pioneer of the stars EX). She made it probably around 80 to 90% of the way there before disappearing.

Not sure about the other two since we don't know them though.

I love when people try to argue fate follows any internal logic at all.
I love when people look smug trying to claim it doesn't, even about things that are fairly easy to explain and understand.

Dex-chan lover
I love when people try to argue fate follows any internal logic at all.

I'm think that's a bit to harsh to say. Fate or more accurately the Nasu-verse does have internal logic that you can even see from Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime and the the various Fate series. The difference a lot of the Fate series has rules made by mages trying to study the world. So most of the rules being broken are rules made by these mages like Medea summoning a servant in Fate. That being said there are some obvious rule breaking here and there ala servants like Koijouro and Okita breaking reality cause they're really good swordsmen. But the larger Nasu-verse has a sense there are rules but their are exceptions and the writers love to use those exceptions in their stories to spice things up

Group Leader
@chrona more like a demiservant like mash? Probably he is going to be granted with the inherent power of one or more heroic spirits itself?

Double-page supporter
The syndicate of 3* servants has select you in order to fulfill one thing, become a unique 5* servant!!!

Dex-chan lover
Characters I think I recognized:
"Captain": Shot in the dark, maybe Captain Ahab from Moby Dick?
Man with the Giant Feather: Highly likely to be Icarus after referencing him being an "escaped prisoner".
Female Pilot: Not much evidence to back this up but highly likely to be Amelia Earhart.

Edit: 02/27/2021
Warrior with tattoos still no clue, however other bearded man might possibly be Proper Human History Musashi Miyamoto. If you recall FGO Musashi is not from our timeline, and this Musashi's appearance and demeanor remind me of how he appeared in Shimosa but slightly younger, not yet elderly. He also talks about having no strength left to swing chopsticks (stick swinger=swordsman), the same way the dying Shimosa Musashi talked about lamenting dying old, not like a warrior IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread