Father, I Don't Want This Marriage! - Vol. 1 Ch. 19

*Announcer Voice*
Cafe Vera has now surpassed Ella's Cult. The suspense is killing me!

All in all though, thank you so much for your hard work and translation. I hope y'all are having a great day.

is this a race who's uploading quick? I'm liking it LOL. anyway her dad is so sweet and scary haha.

Geez, all the people saying they like the dad here... Imagine your dad doing this to you for real...
- Doesn't even have a full conversation with you even one time in your whole life
- Doesn't smile or show any affection to you for 17 years
- Suddenly decides to spend time with you when you finally give up on forming a relationship with him
- Doesn't even indicate that he actually wants to spend time with you and just kind of seems stern and annoyed the whole time
- Doesn't seem to notice or care how uncomfortable you feel, doesn't try to explain anything he's doing even though it's important stuff for your life like finding a husband
- Chases off your friends/potential boyfriend

He's awful.

Group Leader
This is the God-Tier version of "daddy with a shotgun" isn't it. I'm living for it. YEEEEEES.

This girl is the queen of jumping to conclusions lololol. Like I love her but she’s dumb. If you want spoilers:
During Rose’s ball her father would reassure her not worry about people judging her because she’s his daughter. And she would automatically assume he’s talking about her marrying the prince like girl WHAT 😹. She did that multiple times in the same night. And it’s funny that she just assumed that that Max was a homeless mercenary. Like on the night of the arcade. She pitied him for getting in a fight with a Baron and “saved” him. It was hilarious. Communication just flies out her head and she never asks questions to confirm anything she assumes 😭

Pffffttt, I love this man hahaha!!
Also, ngl isn't she exaggerating a little bit, though I understand where she's coming from, it's PTSD...etc but her father never told her to kill herself I mean wtf??!! And Max didn't torture her he just talked about doing it, I mean come on, if we really think about it, it was all just a bunch of misunderstandings of her own that stemmed from her imagination as a child! And well, since he didn't play with her a lot and ig he doesn't know how to show his emotions, still that's very sad for him, imagine he lost his daughter....but wait a minute, they just said that Max slaughtered his father but at that time the emperor was still alive so wtf??!!

Aggregator gang
@HSAnon tbf, asking questions doesn't get you very far with those guys who can't make a proper sentence and disappear for weeks out of the blue.

@OraOraApril19 LMAO RIGHT. The prince and her father are both such tsunderes. They’re also like stones it’s frustrating. Although the father has a reason for acting like that it’s still annoying 😭

Daddy why you gotta be so rude!😂😂 the poor guy didnt even do anything omg!!

The dad be like *scanning him up and down, tsk tsk tsk* "Haaah😧 its a No from me"

@Hoboknife he asked for her opinion about the list of candidates though? And she knew what she was getting herself into so she answered him, he went to see that guy as a father and he saw that he wasn't up to standards with what his daughter wanted and that she deserved a better partner, he just doesn't know how to show his emotions but we can see that he tries and she's the one jumping to conclusions, when he gave her a knife it was so obviously for self protection that honestly I'm still shocked as to why she decided to kill herself, it's true he might not be the best at expressing emotions but he's never done anything that would harm his daughter, she has shelter, a great life, he let her marry who she wanted, he probably even rebelled against the emperor when he took his daughter to jail, and the only thing he did was be a bit severe, they both lack communication skills, he's not the best parent it's true, but he's not awful and she's not the best daughter either, you also said that he talks to her now that she doesn't want any relation with him but that's false because she used to ignore him and now after her reincarnation she's the one who goes and talks to him so he responds to her and is happy with their interactions, he doesn't know how to act, he had no one to guide him and his wife is dead, he had to raise his daughter alone with no family to help him out, he made some mistakes but what happened to the daughter is mostly her fault, she was obsessed with a guy, she stalked him and beat up every girl who approached him, all in all I'd say she's the awful one, she wouldn't even go home until late at night because she was too busy stalking her fiancee, of course her father wouldn't have time to be with her, and he's trying his best, doing his work as a Duke, as a Knight and he also has the Emperor who keeps on searching for his weakness to take advantage of, he has so many struggles yet was able to give a carefree life to his daughter where she doesn't have to worry about anything, actually I thought he was pretty bad just a few chapters ago but now I see that there's nothing he's actually done wrong except lacking emotion maybe and that's not his fault, so yeah, basically I'd say they both have their own good and bad ways but after this chapter I feel for the father while also understanding the point of view of the daughter, though it has no solid ground i still get it...I just read a spoiler though and she seems even more annoying so I hope this will change soon T^T
Stop with those misunderstandings and have an actual discussion dang it!!!

I get it she ain't the smartest but honestly I can't blame her for misunderstanding.. I get it the father has a resting bitch face but he doesn't say anything!! and if it's been like that since she was young so she developed that mindset.
AND if she believed that the prince was there to torture her (bc of the stuff he said and his bad rep) she believed that she would've missed the chance to kill herself if he got closer and confiscate the dagger 😞😞

I love the Dad in this story so much, I wish they could communicate better, but then it wouldn't be so funny to read. In real life this would be frustrating.

Is it wrong I kind of hope she picked this poor, poor boy because she knows he's gay and thus not interested in her romantically?

either way, he did not deserve a home visit from daddy.

So my only problems with this story is that’s she’s so cautious with her life and that’s why I tried to understand her. But after her reaction to someone sneaking into her room and threatening her with a knife I couldn’t side with her much. She’s just dumb. I get that she’s scared of her dad and the crown prince, but not Max? It’s very much giving me delusional FL but I still like her. She’s too precious 😔

Users who are viewing this thread