Father, I Don't Want This Marriage! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

I think this is a story that reincarnation would have fitted more than isekai but the art is beautiful and I’m a sucker for cliche love stories like this so who cares!

@MurphySlaw exactly, I like this story but it's frustrating that the father is being painted as this misunderstood doting father after YEARS of emotional neglect and literally never treating her kindly ever. The only reason I think I could even begin to forgive him is if he has a brain disorder like a severe case of autism in which causes him to have no social skills whatsoever. Otherwise there is no explanation/excuse, he should've made some effort even if it hurt his god forsaken pride to at least TRY

Tsk! Bur honestly the father gave her a knife without giving her sound advice ofc she'll misunderstand tsk2 want to see him despair.. scum father

I think the father is misunderstood, but it's mostly his fault for being misunderstood, it's not like anyone can read his mind, he has extremely poor communication skills.

I hope one day she's gonna tell her father how messed up she became because of him. How she turned into a love-chasing-zombie over this one dude for simply being kind to her. I need to see his father realizing his mistake for abandoning her :(

Don't blame the father yet. He's also a victim here.
Just wait for the story to develop further and you will understand why.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Lol a girl that’s grown up neglected and devoid of affection and they’re surprised if she acts out or clings to the one person that pays her any mind like she wasn’t going to be emotionally vulnerable because of their actions and subsequent effect on her emotional development (it really pisses me off)

@Vivisiow
He was controlled by the shitty king. His wife died because he once disobeyed the king. It's more like he can't show how much he loves this daughter or else the king will target her even more. If I remember correctly, the king has something to do with FL's illness. I'd say the only person to blame here is that bastard king.

its too fucking late for you father! or is what i would like to say but he can still recover her affection, specially because its not her actual future.

The dad never hated her did he? Probably just lacked proper communication skills was all his words & actions were misunderstood-
(kinda makes you wonder how there don't seem to be bad rumours abt the dad's anti social personality, though l guess we have no way of knowing yet since its only chp2)

My father hated me so I'm feeling this on another level... (Or specifically not hate but "not care", my life would have been easier if he had openly hated me instead of disregarding me)

@Akaneio yeah I also think the dad doesn't hate her. Just severely low communication skills combine with bad parenting. But I don't think he hated his daughter. and his last words, "endure"...he also gives a dagger where she went to prison where weapons aren't allowed. I think he'll save her somehow but the daughter already killed herself first. Well, can't blame her either...

Users who are viewing this thread