Father, I Don't Want This Marriage!

contestant number 4 has entered the ring. who will reign as the cream of the crop translator of our well-known and loved "father, i don't want this marriage!" manhwa? stay tuned for more!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG WHEN DID THIS GET A COMIC YESYESYEYSYES I LOVED THE NOVEL PLS AND THANK YOU PPL WHO ARE TRANSLATING THIS

This is actually really cute and interesting so far??!! And also the misunderstandings are pretty funny. Art is good too, dunno why people are bothered by it.

We should change the title to "Bunches of Misunderstandings lead to a Happy Ending". 😂😂(anyways this is only a jokes don't take it seriously guys😣)

This is sooo good
but it’s so sad thinking about how her father would react when he heard tht she committed suicide before she reincarnated

as someone who binged the novel, I can tell you that if you feel annoyed by the misunderstandings so far, well, that's understandable.
but considering there's trauma & lotsss of secrets, it's actually bearable, and the right amount, too
so i hope readers give this a chance uwu
there's so much fluff and sadness and angst to come!!! especially with the daddy~ UwU but I'm sure that reading this is going to be worthwhile because there are lots of wholesome moments too

@Seigrey ikr this really doesnt make sense to me...like i dont know who to donate to, the quality is similar...like i dont want them wasting their time...when theres some other ones with hella promos ya know????

WHY the fuck did the illustrator think it was a smart choice for to put the ML and the father in the same opposite position, what in the goddamn nasty ass sweet home alabama were these people on when they drew it
and you can't tell me its not that deep, this is the cover for a story, it has to make sense/connect wtf

edit: ok sure maybe it isnt that deep but it still is important considering this is like the 'representative image' for the manhwa smh

I'm glad at least some of the comments are critiscm bc GOD there's so much to say about this.
The fact that the dad looks like he's 20 and in the same pose as the love interest in the promo image, WACK. The fact that we're supposed to believe he's secretly a good doting helicopter parent? Even after he's never in her life emotionally provided for her? And that somehow it's just the FL's unreliable narrator preventing her from realizing this? Like her unreliable narrator IS incredibly irritating because of how poorly done it is- the role of misunderstandings and unreliable narrator as plot device when well done is that there has to be plausible REASON for the character thinking and coming to the conclusions they do. Everything in the plot has just been happening conveniently because it's what's easiest for the author to write with no thought put in. Like come on. Girl how don't you realize your father's student is the crown prince.

The crown prince also having maybe 1 conversation with her and getting all blushy. Come on!! Being perturbed by her actions and interested in her personality is one thing, but they barely held a reasonable conversation. IDK if it's just the judgy gay in me but I always go by the principle that romantic interests should always have the potential to be Friends, and the degree of mediocre hetty couples in these fucking webcomics that fail even that base criteria is just pathetic. Like yeah you think they're hot and are interested in them in a "yeah idk how to experience emotion because i've never had a healthy relationship with anyone in my life, and i constantly condescend and talk down to her but i LIKE her" / "yeah i'm really traumatized from *PLOT* and just got out of a terrible relationship w Generic Bad Man I Was Obsessed With For A Lifetime so im not rly emotionally ready for a new relationship, and also he's really scary and i've never held a full conversation with him but he's 😍handsome and it makes up for the blatant deficits in character bc i still don't know how to value myself as a person and view romance as the only real criteria for happiness and fulfillment" like GUYS!!! Get therapy.

EDIT: forgot to mention but also the ensemble cast way the maids are always treated in these rich person dream life wet dream isekais. like girl was literally a giant brat to the point she threw things / flagrantly disregarded the health safety and autonomy of her workers, but now she's being kinda decent and also being Sad and Tragic everyone is sooo sympathetic and all past faults forgiven? Like come on. as if poor people do not also experience hardship that they have the compassion to give to these golden spoon emotionally stunted shitheads. just the completely thoughtless portrayal of ensemble characters who only exist for showing the "progress" of the MC but in a "haha funny misunderstandings" way. it's so lazy and one-dimensional and obvious the authors don't have any respect for any of their characters OTHER than Generic Self Insert Main Girl and her Sexy Boring Man love interest.

Users who are viewing this thread