Fechippuru - Bokura no Innocent Love - Vol. 4 Ch. 54 - Like a Bad Love Song

@wotm8 that is not hard to grasp, the thing that is evading people's minds is why did she do everything the way she did.
Like wtf, everything so far was decided on a whim by her alone without consulting anyone. Notice the way she leaves;
X11.png

She clearly states: "I'm leaving" not "I need some time to figure things out" but "I'm leaving."
Like wtf of a statement is that.
Japanese are not the people to make statements that might potentially cause a conflict. If anyone they would go the roundabout way to say that, here she clearly states SHE'S LEAVING and taking all of her clothes as if she's gone for good.
Everything about this move is stupid if your goal is to just take some time and not break up.

Not sure what it says in Raws but I trust this TL group and I doubt they would misinterpret something this crucial.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not disregarding your interpretation of the current state of events. That is exactly how I perceived it as well, but it's mind-boggling how stupid the exposition of it is. That's all I'm saying.

Dex-chan lover
@wotm8 Same thing as Shizomist. She said she’s LEAVING, not taking time for herself. Of course I knew what “I just need some time for myself” means.

What? You think we’re all children compared to your adult self for not interpreting “I’m leaving” as “I’m leaving”? Especially when she took all of her stuff from her cohabitation place? They’ve been cohabitating for a long ass time, there’s gotta be at least a closet full of her clothes and yet she made effort to take them all. That sounds more like complete separation.

what bothers me the most about this whole arc is that it seems to just disregard so much of Tatsu's character development. Did the author just forget how he opened up to her about his family life when they spent the night at his mom's? Or when he spent so much time and energy getting her a birthday present he ended up getting sick from overworking himself? Or how genuinely sad he felt that he couldn't taker her out to their Christmas date?

Of course you can say that he doesn't have the same level of intimacy that she has, but the author is writing him as if he hasn't changed from the beginning of the manga, when there have been WHOLE STORY ARCS that clearly show how much he's changed since they started going out

@Macrosis2020 @Shizomist
She said she’s LEAVING, not taking time for herself.
My dudes, she literally says she needs time.
yoOMaoW.png

Why do things so abruptly and one sided? Because it's Kotoka. Even Tatsu knows she's an overgrown child juiced up on Redbull.
And it's not like we, the readers, weren't given an explicit motive for her actions.
That being, wanting to progress their relationship. (and not break up)
gMhy82H.png

If you want to ignore all the context and keep riding on that one word, be my guest.

But a sidenote, in the raws there's no mention of LEAVING anyone either, she simply says "I'm going back to my parents' house"
qjZuDFQ.png

Double-page supporter
Wait so her mom and dad have the exact same relationship as she does now?
Well that makes some of their interactions kind of weird (Mostly about how weird their relationship is).

Dex-chan lover
@wotm8 So “She’s Kotoka, she’s done this shit before” is justification for her literally leaving him out of nowhere, giving him zero context to what is happening or what he did wrong, and taking literally everything making it seem like a permanent move?

You know that’s exactly why we’re criticizing her actions right? That’s still a terrible thing to do. It’s not like their relationship is even in the gutter by the point of this, they’re actually progressing a lot past the point of fetishization. The only reason she did it was because she thinks that makes the relationship progress (Which Tatsu DOESN’T KNOW ABOUT). And after seeing it go relatively well after that whole fetish ban thing, don’t you think readers would be pissed off seeing her putting in another ramp into the relationship?

When you’re fighting outwardly over literally NOTHING, don’t leave by yourself giving your partner zero implications as to what went wrong then ghosts them for days whenever they try to ask for an explanation. So many things can go wrong by doing that. They’ll just feel terrible without even knowing what they did wrong. And that’s exactly what happened. She made Tatsu feel terrible with her ”mind games”, because for some reason, she thinks that’s the best, grandest plan to progress their relationship that’s clearly progressing. So fucking dumb.

@wotm8 macrosis, pretty much, expressed my thoughts, there are some extra points to that byt I'll just briefly add this; I'm not that bothered by how this arc is going so far as I've already been spoiled what's gonna happen next. What I said there was just a possible explanation for why people are confused on this situation. My critisism is secondary.
My biggest concern is that this exposition and the events themselves don't really add up to what we've already gotten. She tries to "patch up" their relationship pregress, which is uncalled for since Tatsu has already shown concern for Her and not just her hair and now we're back to square one.
Don't you really find it silly?

I really dislike girls going after guys when the guy already found his love. I mean what's you been up to before when the guy was single? That's a natural cunt move.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, their relationship is a clone of her parents.

Well her dad looks great for his age at least

Double-page supporter
Lucky this guy an idiot

Welp i miss you pitchfork

Users who are viewing this thread