Fechippuru - Bokura no Innocent Love - Vol. 5 Ch. 59 - Light at the End of the Tunnel

Dex-chan lover
@HEXyren
To be fair, while both share blame, Tatsu holds a bit more of the blame currently. However, both are going about this all wrong, though that is very common and expected of a relationship built upon personal fetishes. It could be a bit closer, if they held the same fetish, or their relationship's foundation was something else.

I say Tatsu is more at fault, only because he is new to relationships and does not realize how some of his actions get portrayed. While you can't be faulted for ignorance, not actively trying to improve, not apologizing for mistakes you made, and poor communication (they both share this fault though) is. For example, only after she left did Tatsu really start to acknowledge he likes her.

For this entire time, he has been acting like he is hosting her like a guest visitor at his house, instead of living together with his girlfriend. Think of it like this. Would a person in a relationship, normally go on a date with another women who has obvious signs of liking them a lot, just because they lost a petty bet? No. Would a person in a relationship invite another women into his house to spend the day with him, on the day him and his GF dedicated to just each other? No. Does a man in a relationship invite a women to spend the night when GF isn't home? Yes, but that is because they don't like their current GF and are willingly cheating on her. Tatsu doesn't fit this. He does love Kotoka. He is just new to relationships. There are things you can no longer do when you get into a relationship. He did not learn this.

While Kotoka's actions are somewhat extreme, and usually mean the relationship is over, that isn't the case here. She very much still likes him. However, she has her own issues too. She struggles with asking directly what she wants and then one-sidedly decides major things for both of them without confronting Tatsu first. Her ban came seemingly out of nowhere for Tatsu, but for her, it logically made sense. She wants to make the relationship more about each other as a whole, then just about sharing their fetishes. So she cut out the fetishes to force focus on the other areas because he was seemingly not getting the hint like she wanted. He actually did get the hint once she told him, but he just didn't act how she intended. Which threw her off. This is what she has to work on. Asking for specifically what she wants, and then telling him when she is unhappy with something instead of just hinting about it or not saying anything. She needs to understand that this is still his first real relationship, and he is going to make seemingly obvious mistakes.

The good thing is that Tatsu agrees with her idea of expanding the relationship beyond fetishes. This is do-able, but he struggles because he is new to this, and has yet to learn a lot of the "do's and do not's" of dating. He also isn't great at recognizing and then deciphering the subtle hints and reading into the reasons for her actions. Many men actually struggle with this, especially those who have not dated for a long term relationship (like 2+ years), or those who have never been in one before. Tatsu fits both categories. You need time to learn each other's mannerisms and methods of "hint dropping" which only come either by spending a long time with each other, or telling each other directly.

So Tatsu is at fault primarily. Only because he has just now started acting like a person in a relationship. Like I said, you can't fault him for not knowing initially, but you can for him downplaying a serious relationship, not looking to change his actions when asked, not apologizing for his mistakes, and his share of the poor communication. There has never been a single relationship where there was never a communication issue at one point. Literally every relationship has them. Interestingly enough, the issue is usually about a small thing too. It just is that both parties do not express their desires in a direct, easy to understand way. They always seem to complicate simple issues. Instead of "Hey, it really bothers me when you ____, could you stop?" they say "Sure go ahead" while quietly staying annoyed. Or if they want something, instead of "I would like to ____, where we ____ and ____. Is that something we could try doing?" they drop hints hoping their partner picks up on it, but then gets frustrated when they don't.

Aggregator gang
@KLGChaos except that most of this situation is her fault and no one acknowledges it and put the blame on tatsu, she took the first step to develop their relationship beyond the fetiches (even when they already had that kind of relationship already but somehow she didnt acknowledges it and she was the one that started the relationship with fetiches as the base) to then arbitrarily put a ban on the very base of the relationship without consulting him whatsoever to then ruin any attempt of tatsu to reconcile with her childish behavior to finally leave him and ignore him for days and now we are to believe that he must bent the knee.

its better if you read the whole thing carefully instead of white knighting like a fool.

Dex-chan lover
I miss the time when this was about weird fetishes instead of dumb drama.

Aggregator gang
@JavelinJoe You are shifting the blame on the guy because 1 he didnt know how to behave in a normal relationship even when you acknowledged he is a first timer, 2 you said that he never apologices for his mistakes when in this incident he never gets the chance because the attitude she poses toward him basically ruining any attempt he made to do so, 3 you talk about him treating her as a guest instead of a lover for the date with romantic fodder no.1 but you forget that he always saw her like a sister and its demonstrated when in the date he was just having fun and never shown any romantic interest in her, the second example you give gas because they didnt kick out his sister when they where about to indulge in their fetishes.........are you serous dude? and the third is when he invited his boss to his house and that is very disingenuous since you know he had no bad intentions to do it and even if he did it was days after she was ghosting on him, and the cherry on top is that you downplay all of kotoka's actions because tatsu didnt know or "took a hint" when all the bad decisions are on her alone or because he didnt love her the way she wanted (even when her own god dammed parents are basically the same as them and have a good and loving relationship enough to be married for years and have a daughter), i am not saying tatsu is blameless since he stood to her level many times but mainly blaming him for not knowing or any of the disingenuous examples you give is BS.

Dex-chan lover
@zeroxjac well shifting all the blame on Kotoka is kinda unfair too.
What irked me about Tatsu is that the guy has always been passive the relationship. He always was content with the current state of their relationship even though it is obvious that fetishes in the long are not a sane basis for a serious relationship.
Also I think the manga shows the blame on Tatsu because he is the one asking around for patching things. Of course if the persons asked put the blame on Kotoka, then Tatsu would've thought that he did nothing wrong and would do nothing to get back with her. That would not help the plot to progress.

People who put the blame on tatsu is really weird. He already rejected Mashizu for the sake of someone who, I don't know, someone he met and being confessed to in middle of being drunk and it's all about fetish. I don't hate people who have fetish but, the way kotoka confessed. I can say for sure, I may accept but more to reject. Like come on, will you just accept some stranger beauty's who suddenly confessed to you at a bar while drunk, Plus a beautiful Mashizu who is already beauty and know him like.... I don't know, almost his whole life? While it was fluffy as fish(nocursing), I just saw that Tatsu always solved all the trouble for Kotoka while put up with 'adult' temper. All I could see is Tatsu being roasted while forgetting he the one who controlling the mess while Kotoka's time so fluffy af as if Tatsu the reason being there is the reason chaos happening. Thinking back, while it is already common acceptance that woman are more emotional sensitive it doesn't give her merit to mess someone like that, the more you force someone in relationship the more it crack. If you like someone feed your mouth their decision, go on. I'm not gonna complain, but just blame Tatsu like he is asshole is over the top, you don't treat guest by sleeping with them except if you're open mind, that is. Not to say like come on man, give him credit. Tatsu don't have a crush on Kotoka in the first place, they meet and kotoka confessed, point here is Kotoka confessed to him. Tatsu don't even know her. I don't see Tatsu is being douche except accept without thinking, while it good to dislike some character and loved some character just don't start downplay others character, sheesh man... Really? Sheesh give a fair point to each character.
@JavelinJoe

moreover I don't like how much Tatsu struggle while Kotoka is sulking in her room thinking Tatsu is idiot and all bs. Like seriously, your partner loved you and trying to mend your relationship. At least try to mend it by, I don't know, LIVE WITH HIM AND PROPERLY ASK ABOUT HIS WELLBEING ? Don't give crap man should do all things to please woman, because to me it is a BS. A GDBS.

@LordTartaros Every relationship is rely on their companion. While you say is understandable, sometime you like someone because of their appearance or something about them. If you already reading a lot of manga with beta protagonist please know this, they really helpless in this. which mean that they don't have six sense about people's thought. Plot wise, both to be blamed, Tatsu will not date with Kotoka if he is more resolute about his life, while Kotoka doesn't differentiate personal and public area, which is not good in my opinion that is. As for the progress, I hope to see both trying to settle the problem AND FOR GOD SAKE, I WANT TO SEE WHAT KOTOKA DO FOR THIS RELATIONSHIP HE FEED INTO TATSU mouth. For real.

Aggregator gang
@LordTartaros its not shifting the blame on her, its recognizing that her decisions are the main reason for this situation, yes he is very passive in the relationship and really annoyed me when he refused to have sex with her in the past but i understood why he did it, i really think that is really infuriating how the manga is portraying tatsu as the bad guy struggling to reach an answer that didnt need to be necessary and she is just sulking in her room when their relationship was going at a good point just to be put to a stop by kotoka's actions, just to be clear tatsu is not blameless but the manga and some people think he is the main reason for this situation and put kotoka in a pedestal making her a victim and ignoring all her bad decisions.

Dex-chan lover
If you need some time to yourself to think about your relationship and your place in it, that's fine.
Suddenly announcing that you're leaving the house while giving zero chance to the other party to understand why, taking all your stuff and then ghosting the person you're supposed to be in a relationship with, that's not fine.
Not at all.

Dex-chan lover
@zeroxjac
its not shifting the blame on her, its recognizing that her decisions are the main reason for this situation
That is blaming her entirely for the situation. So yes, you are shifting the blame for the current situation to be almost exclusively on her by saying this. BOTH ARE AT FAULT.

What I mean when I said that he treated her like a guest, is that his attitude towards there relationship was very passive, almost as if he was stuck in relationship limbo. Not committing either to dating her or dumping her. He also acted like her hair was the only thing that mattered. For a while, he treated the relationship as if he was dating only her hair, and she was just an extra. She did it too, but also expressed desires to actually deepen their relationship. Something he kind of just passively accepted, without really doing much about it.

Also, it doesn't matter how you see someone. If you call it a date, its a date. It is also ignorant to expect him not to know this. Even if he has never been in a relationship before, it doesn't mean he has never seen one before, or know what is considered "cheating". While yes, this was a bit different than cheating... it was not as if there was nothing between them because she obviously, and made it clear that she had a thing for him. Mashizu was an asshole for asking for specifically a date in front of Kotoka, even more of one for trying to get a kiss out of it. However, Tatsu by no means made any significant effort to keep things platonic. He went about it as if it was a genuine date, between potential lovers. If she had not stopped herself, he would have let her kiss him, because he is so passive.

Kotoka is also not a great partner so far. Deciding things for both of them on her own, acting childish when things are serious, letting things go which normally you would call out as bothering you. These NEED to be fixed if this relationship is to continue. If you have issues, try and figure them out together, dont make life changing decisions and force them on your partner. This is a huge problem. Especially because she doesn't even tell him why. If she at least explained why she was leaving, I bet that things would be different, likely already fixed. Its this lack of communication which is her biggest issue. As for Kotoka being childish and Tatsu stooping to her level. That is on both of them.

If I have made plans to spend a day with my girlfriend, and someone shows up, unannounced, I would let them know that it isn't a good time. If they made plans prior to, then it would be a different story, but she didn't. This was entirely a selfish visit for her. They both made plans, took time off of work even. And have been looking forward to it for a few days. So yeah, it would be understandable to not want to be interrupted. Looking back at it, their childishness about ending the ban is almost a direct result of them missing out on this special fetish day.

Basically, Kotoka does a few actions which are major issues. Tatsu does a lot of small/minor actions which while technically minor issues, they are ones that build up stress over time. Once the two of them finally align their own thoughts, actions, and words, so that they all match their real intentions, this entire situation should clear up because both clearly love each other.

@JavelinJoe the biggest issue though is that to make it plausible that Tatsu is the main one at fault, the author had to basically regress all of his character development up until this point. Before this whole arc Tatsu was slowly but surely recognizing Kotoka for more than just the fetish. Admittedly he wasn't on the same level as she was, but there have been several arcs that have shown that he does genuinely care for her as a person and not just her hair (Christmas arc, Meeting his family, The whole thing with her birthday). But then this whole thing pops up and he basically acts as if all of those events never happened and he is the same person from the beginning of the manga, when there have been chapters upon chapters of development.

So yes at this point Tatsu is being an absolute dumbass and it is reasonable to put most of the blame on him, but it's incredibly frustrating to see all of his previous development basically amount to nothing and for the author to basically say: "Yeah he's still the same dense motherfucker from the beginning of the series" when we've spent over 50 chapters seeing both of them becoming much more mature, as individuals and as a couple.

All in all though this is more of an annoyance personally than a reason to drop, since the humor still works for me and the art is still amazing. I just hope this resolves itself quickly, whether he apologizes or she does.

Dex-chan lover
@emMeBi86 @zeroxjac

Except I'm not white knighting. I blame her about as much as I do Tatsu. Both of them are idiots (of which the manga has made that point clear) that lead to this situation. Tatsu being too passive and treating Kotoka like a child. Kotoka for not communicative and trying harder to make Tatsu understand.

And the reason I called out the mangadex incels is because nearly every comment section I see is full of people attacking women and blaming them for everything wrong with the manga or calling the MC a simp/cuck/whatever being they aren't bedding every girl they come across or murdering all their foes in a blind rage. Just gets old. I wasn't targeting either of you personally.

Either way, this is still a comedy manga. Broken up, its still been funny. You pretty much know they'll get back together. I just don't get why people get so upset over it. Kanojo Okarishamsu is FAR worse.

Aggregator gang
@JavelinJoe its nice to see how you skipped the part when i said he was not clean in this matter to say i was blaming her entirely, like i said, her decisions are mainly to blame for this mess but not the only reasons, also you are talking about kicking a family member and a minor at that (seem so, dont know her age), if it was machizu the one who visited then you would be 100% right but not when is a family member, they could just forget about that ban that clearly is doing more bad than good to their relationship.

He went about it as if it was a genuine date, between potential lovers. If she had not stopped herself, he would have let her kiss him, because he is so passive.
you know that this isnt true, (the kiss part because he is passive af) this "date" of them was just a nice outing with a friend for him and you know it because of his attitude during the event, he was just having fun and was completely unfazed when she was on top of him, you know that this "potential lovers" stuff is BS because you know he was faithful even when she was ghosting him for days.

Basically, Kotoka does a few actions which are major issues. Tatsu does a lot of small/minor actions which while technically minor issues, they are ones that build up stress over time.
this "a lot" isnt true and the one who builds up stress is the ban that was kotoka's decision alone, first the date thing was part of kotoka's fault because she was the one who said they would do anything over a game when she knew about her feelings, from then on most of the stuff that happens is because of kotoka, the ban, she didnt let him made up on multiple occasions and then leaving and ghosting and because of tatsu's passive tendencies most of his actions are reactive to kotoka's behavior.

I just wanted to look at the comment section but suddenly greeted by bunch of essays

Dex-chan lover
Nice chapter. I'm just going to the comments so I can make a joke about vomiting sugar and-

Zki6LEk.gif

Users who are viewing this thread