Female Knight and the Kemonomimi Child - Ch. 29 - Day of Departure

Dex-chan lover
Usually i don't want a time skip, but this is an exception. Please let there be a time skip where Mao and Noah is a teenager and they finally meet again. I'm afraid that if the story advancing normally, all the flag she raised got triggered and sometimes later Noah and master will only hear the news about her
Once upon a time I wished for the same in another series. Then I got Usagi Dropped and the resulting development displeased me greatly.

Group Leader
While I wish the best for Mao, I'm very much on the Noa/Olivia ship.

Once upon a time I wished for the same in another series. Then I got Usagi Dropped and the resulting development displeased me greatly.
You mean that… literally? With the Usagi Drop?

Dex-chan lover
A death flag so obvious that a part of you puts reasonable probability in it just being there to be a long-con subversion of expectations but another part of you just knows.

Dex-chan lover
Mao don't fear no flags, she's got 9 lives! Well, probably down to 6 or 7 by now, but still...

Dex-chan lover
Why is everyone talking about death? Is there something I missed?
death flags. haven't you seen a movie where a soldier takes a photo of his loving family and talks about how he'll cherish them when he gets home or stuff like that. it's pretty common, and in manga and anime they're more or less tropes.

Dex-chan lover
Why is everyone talking about death? Is there something I missed?
By talking about conveying her feelings when she sees Noah again, she raised a death flag. It's a common trope where someone will talk about things like going home, what they're going to do when they return, a promise they're going to keep, etc, but they never get the chance because they die. Writers do it to get a more impactful emotional response from the reader/viewer.

However, the people talking about it in this comments section are oblivious to the kind of manga this is. There have been a couple of serious things, but for the most part it's a fluffy slice of life in a fantasy setting. Mao is not going to die.

Hem

Double-page supporter
"Mao died on the way back to her home planet."
That's it. Mao dies.
Good night everyone!

Dex-chan lover
The time skip in Usagi Drop never happened.

Never. Happened.
Oh, it happened!

MC married the boy's mom, Rin brother-zoned the boy and find a nice senpai to date and later get married to, Rin finally calls MC dad on her wedding day, and the cousin ended up with the boy and whipping him into shape.

Happy End.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, that's… actually a really good observation. The law of conservation of detail would imply that her witch friend is the witch Mao's looking for.
How else are you suppose to force character development and use the "she got hot over the years" surprise?

Users who are viewing this thread