FFF-Class Trashero - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

@Furvus, novel, it's pretty good. Continue here if you're impatient https://kobatochan.com/fff-class-trashero-chapter-04/

Dex-chan lover
@eureur

He just spent 10 hellish years. And through faulty measurings (considering what he went through, those results are faulty imo) he now has to repeat the entire process.

So he was simply asking how much support he would be given to SAVING THEM. Which he was answered with 'You being here' pretty much.

Anyone who isn't annoyed at that is either a saint, dead, deaf , idiotic or planning to kill them by himself.

Fed-Kun's army
Well he already know what this King will not reply that he will fully support him and only want to depend on hero.

Dex-chan lover
How bad does the novel get? We can already tell the tone with these first 4 chapters. I'm on this guys' side, even if he somehow misinterpreted his companion's the first time around, doesn't change the fact that these character tropes / arch-types can be kind of really shitty to deal with.

Whoops, you left the door wide open while you were changing. Better don YOUR FUCKING SWORD AM I RIGHT? God, eat shit. It's not *that* serious, but all those shitty tropes kinda stack up over time. Straight up killing his teammates is taking things too far, but I can kind of respect him and the screws he's missing.

But, before I get my hopes up any further. How bad does this get? The dreaded 'Comedy' tag never does it for me. In some rare, rare cases it could, but most of the time It's just awful, and usually bogs down what could have been a good read.

Double-page supporter
wonder if he can kill the watcher if he gets his assassination to s rank lol

@Jeikob

I am afraid that killing his teamates is just the start. The MC cares only about himself and dont care about saving or helping others at all. Unlike most other "edgelord" mangas/novels the author dosent find a convoluted reason for the MC to save that innocent girl or to help those innocent villagers. He is not straight up evil, but there are some moments where he crosses the line. He dosent consider any of the characters in that world real and just wants to return home, so anyone that gets in his way or anyone that he can gain a lot of EXP from is fair game. I nearly dropped the novel several times, but there are some really fun parts and twists.

Fed-Kun's army
@Syanalassa
S isn't max skill rank, so no. SSS isn't either.
@Janical
To be honest I found his attitude so refreshing it became main selling point for me. I'm so tired of those half-baked edgelords and pure white knights.

Putting aside the third and onward runs,
the hero definitely knows can care about other people and have regrets, its just not aimed at the usual people since he's not a bleeding heart, nor a awkward virgin (mentally) anymore. He shows gratitude towards the barkeep and that slime for instance, and through his regrets he learned who needs to be dealt with to result in less deaths. So he's not a hate everyone and wants them to die, but more of a 'this marquess is power hungry and used her beauty and tears to convince me to make her Empress, resulting in a bloody civil war. Let's just kill her as she's fleeing instead', or 'the elven-supremacist enslaved elf princess convinced me to kill her brother, who would wanted to have more amicable relations with the humans and took over the throne, let's just kill her instead so that we can avoid the elven civil war and I don't have to kill the cool brother.' Now whether it's more if he truly cares about those people's lives or he just really hates how he was played like a fool, odds are probably the latter, but he still has his regrets.

Dex-chan lover
So this is the first story where the MC is acting like a real person and people are already saying things like "he just cares for himself", like really?
Think of his situation: Kidnapped out of nowhere and then forced to fight life and death battles to salve a kingdom you know nothing about in a world that has nothing to do with you. Not only that but the people that should be helping you are a bunch of bullies that only treat you bad and want to take advantage of you at every chance. Is the way he is acting really that weird? Is he wrong in doing what he is doing?

I have said that before in other stories but in his place I would have done everything until I was strong enough like the MC was in the first chapter and then NOT kill the demon king but kill the party members, turn around and destroy the kingdom myself.

Dex-chan lover
@Jeikob:
As Janical already wrote, he doesn't act, as if he sees the people of the fantasy world as real people. Also everyone, that jeopardizes his survival or stands in his way to archive his goal (returning to earth), is fair game to him. The people in that world are uncivilized brutes and even if he doesn't kill them, surly sooner or later, they die in another way anyways. Also, if somebody got in trouble, it isn't his job to save them in first place. "Denial of assistance" doesn't exist in his dictionary.

Though in the veeeery most cases he doesn't go as far as actively slaughter the innocent just for XP. It's a different story if it happens by mistake though or if they walk into the crossfire. In this case it can't be helped. And if anyone rubbed him in the wrong way, he'll destroy him/her.

An example of his thought process and deeds:
In his first run he and his companions helped an imperial princess, who was upstaged by her brother in a battle for the throne and was pursued by assassins. She plead for help and the group "decided" to side with her just cause. They overthrew the brother and the military and positioned her as empress. Happy End, right? Well, MC assumed she lied from the get-go, because she just wanted to rule. And she didn't only miss the backing of the military. She also hasn't been backed by the church or even the merchant guilds. Her Empire has been weakened by the meddling of the hero+band, neighboring nations exploited their weakness, economic breakdown, war and famine followed suite. The companions have been sorrow-stricken to hear all of that years later, but didn't do anything to repair the damage. In his second run he just killed the princess, her guards and her pursuers and let them all vanish in the woods. This time her brother would rule the empire and keep at least the citizens alive. But most important, MC wouldn't get involved again this time around

Dex-chan lover
And what exactly is stopping him from failing this excursion again? Couldn’t the gods raise another hero to kill him if he becomes a demon as well?

Dex-chan lover
Woah, this hero is an absolute sociopath. It's fun to read, but he really is beyond help. Makes sense they sent a goddess to save him

Good thing I agreed with the hero from the 1st chapter (thankfully many did too)
That king sure would have been nice if he slimmed down and joined instead of the princess
That hero is the sole hope and not giving him hope and support even though they kidnapped him from a land of peace (and internet) is absurd

Users who are viewing this thread