Fiancée of the Wizard

Group Leader
@ABCsOfLife
Well the thing is, we've been translating this since half a year earlier.
At that time there was still another group translating it, so we would like to respect them, that's why we've never really published this.
However, since SOS has been inactive, we finally decided to share this to public, and I did my announcement at my website
I've never thought HaruParty would be publishing it at the same time LOL
And like what was written in the note, we've talked it out with HaruParty and we're both chill with it. ^^

A middle aged women and a 10 year old boy. She needs a psychatrist.

30 year old sexual predator preys on 10 year old boy while grooming him with the guise of a 3 year old. What kind of frustrated pervert wrote this pedo fantasy lol. And this author won an award before? I know the author of twilight won some, but this? Really?

dumbasses only talking about age, if you dont like isekai shit carry on damn twats

Dex-chan lover
What's the point of her being reincarnated? Just that she is okay with black hair? It doesn't seem to hold any importance to her character besides make her more "mature" I guess. But both instances can be just a character trait she can have without the reincarnation. I don't get it...

Double-page supporter
Title: "Fiancee..."
Okay, they really will marry only in the end of the story.

Anyone know what lighter hair correlates with its explained dark hair correlates to magical power and that the silver haired princess was given divine protection which seems to also be connected to hair color. Not too sure what divine protection suppose to give.

Contributor
@sweet-potato:

It's a good question. As with many isekai, there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason. Normally I'd say it's to achieve a self-insert fantasy but that doesn't really get much mileage here, not with this painfully frustrating, hand-wringing romance.

I felt it did do some service as some dramatic irony. It does sort of go out of it's way to point out that, though they got along in the first pace because she's overly mature and a bit aloof, that same "maturity" is strangling their relationship as she always is making room for the mistakes he's making (rather than being young and having a healthy fight about it early on). Well, as you say, that much could be done without the isekai tropes, but the irony bites more when it's her very "otherwordly knowledge and character," which was supposed to be helpful, yet she is in fact shooting herself in the foot with.

Also, to a small extent, it makes her an "outsider," yet in a way that is distinctly orthogonal to her fiancee's sense of being an "outsider," which could be an interesting source of subtextual friction, depending on how you read it.

Beyond that, the only effect it has is that, just as with the demon-lord stuff and other stock isekai-y tropes, everything gets a slightly lighter overall tone (in that you get the broad impression you're not supposed to take everything too seriously).

Dex-chan lover
@Pokari I guess it's a nice way to look at it, and it makes sense too. But yeah this isn't something to take too seriously lol.

I love this! Its refreshing to see in isekai being normal and not suddenly having massive knowledge creating things they wouldnt normally do in modern time. Also the last chpater broke my heart when she told him not to go 😭 oh the pain of having to withdraw

I know Edi loves her but it's so frustrating how he never tells her that he does, like BRUH that's ALL she needs to hear. JUST TELL HER YOURE TRYING REALLY HARD TO MARRY HER....Also Clementine best chara tbh

Every time I see this title, I always have to pronounce "the Wizard," like the mustachioed dude in the Wizard of Oz.

Bland premise, bland MC. Maybe this will get better but so far this is really subpar and the male protag doesn't act cute at all.

Users who are viewing this thread