Fight Class 3 - Ch. 79 - Round 79: Backlight

Ohh the aesthetics, the author is a mastermind. On another note don't know about you 1st worlders but as a bum in 3rd world the Babylon system of retaliation sounds pretty promising.

What an amazing chapter!

Since I don't think I can san anything about it that hasn't been said already, I'll just be a complete meathead and say:

GOAT, RAW, KINO, SWAG, and, of course, PEAK FICTION!

9128371023.gif

Aggregator gang
Wow, I dropped this series so long ago and now I return to find a deformed, Frankenstein's monster-looking dude, and the MC has now become a blood-thirsty psycho. What the hell happened?

Dex-chan lover
@shinratensei16 Thank you so much for the work y'all put into this series.

What a goddamn chapter. I kept getting goosebumps throughout the sewer fight and probably woke up my neighbors by yelling "HOLY SHIT!" a few times. The juxtaposition of their classmates living it up and having fun while Ji-tae and Maria are fighting to the death was amazing. Whew, what a damn roller-coaster.

Fed-Kun's army
can't help but think people who think it's taken an uncharacteristically dark turn forget all the times Maria is unhinged, all the info we got from Kang Yuri about Vale Tudo and illegal underground fights, and the very nature of Class 3 (to name a few points). If it didn't go here I'd be disappointed. Why set up a story where the MC is the rejected son of a murderer and fighter, who comes into contact with a revenge-bent survivor of a massacre (and now a killer herself) at the hands of his father and then just leave it as a slice-of-life school comedy? It's a very clear transition saying "no more school kid life. only hell now" It's also our first very clear scene where we see just why Maria was so unable to even touch that school life, the society that came with it, why she couldn't interact with it. not just a short, few-panel glimpse this time. there is more of this to come i expect

Double-page supporter
wild

this is a completely different manga now, no way this can ever return to the school life comedy it once was

So maria didnt quit the 3rd class because she was afraid, but because she killed a guy?

@areksama No, what Kihoon meant is that his instinct was telling him Maria had already killed someone. He was right, Maria had already killed multiple people before going to Korea. That's how she became the youngest Brazilian Vale Tudo champion at the age of 16. The whole point of the conversation was to suggest the idea that Kihoon is also a murderer and that's how he was able to tell Maria and Young-woong had already killed people.

@Heap
I feel like people aren't use to the not so complex concept of Tone Transition.
Just because a story starts as a cute Shounen fantasy doesn't negate every dark thing in the shadows.
Its kinda sad how so many people ignored, hand waved, or missed all the hints.
Cuz it makes fear for writers who want to be subtle with their themes in stead of being Black Clover

Fed-Kun's army
@areksama no no Kihoon could tell she's a killer because he's also a killer. and he could tell young-woon is too, and that he wanted to kill maria. Since they can't beat her individually he was suggesting the team up and kill her because they want her dead. in reality maria had killed lots of fighters in Vale Tudo, but it looks like she ran away when her relative (brother? i will assume that for now) appeared before her in the ring after being experimented on. she either couldnt fight him but also couldn't save him so ran away, or she ended up fighting and killing him and running away. at least that's what it looks like until we learn what happened when her brother showed up in the ring. Given how she behaved with Young Woon this time, she was confusing her memories with the current reality and didnt want to fight her brother
people who said she was afraid were spreading one hell of a dumbass rumour saying she's a coward. but maybe there is truth in it and it's something Class 3 say about her, because if she ran away from a fight against that brother of hers then there's the grain of truth

Dex-chan lover
This comic really took a grotesque turn. Look back at the first few chapters and compare. Lol.

Fed-Kun's army
All the other characters doing normal summer things while the mc is having an epic battle w a crazy experiment guy is v funny tbh

Bro when he become a badass. No fr like 5 ch ago he was a lil kid who couldn't fight and now he rambo?

Users who are viewing this thread