Fight Class 3

Oh damn ch 70 was good, I had a nice laugh at the beginning and was hyped up at the end

Contributor
Wow, those last two chapters were good. The main character pushed this guy's psychological buttons in a remarkably plausible way, one that was set up by everything that happened to the guy in his own focus chapters.

This goes a long way towards redeeming the stuff that people have been seemingly-appropriately criticizing as being a huge pacing issue that gratuitously takes focus away from the story's main character and main conflict. The shit focusing on Choi Young-Joon was necessary to set this up: it makes it feel earned. A slow-burning, naturalistic 'show, don't tell' approach for characterizing a fighter who intelligently takes advantage of his opponent's weaknesses by actually displaying those weaknesses beforehand in detail, rather than the bullshit Sherlock Holmes approach where a character starts pulling details from their ass without the audience ever having had a chance to see any of it beforehand.

I was considering dropping this beforehand, but now? Not in a million fuckin' years. That was artful.

@XelaOozaru Both are good but for different reasons IMO.

If you're looking for non-stop action then Kengan will definitely be more appealing. Don't get me wrong, the action here is great too, but I think Kengan takes it one or two levels above. However, if you're also looking for an intricate story with lots of mystery, foreshadowing, and well-constructed characters, then I would give Fight Class 3 the nod.

As I said at the beginning, both are good for different reasons and that's ok. I wouldn't want to read two copycat series in which the only difference is the title.

Contributor
@mylastchance89

I mean, if I could *get* twice as many roughly Baki/Kohinata Minoru/All-Rounder Meguru/Kengan Asura-tier stories, with roughly the same visual quality but less originality, I'd take that in a heartbeat. I'm a genre addict: it's why I stuck with this when it got slow-paced.

I feel more and more "eh" about each chapter update. Still a fun read! It's just that the story development and writing throws the reader off the path of the overarching plot too often. The gags and comic relief in each chapter disrupts the flow. Again, still a great read! The fights are absolutely amazing and some character backgrounds are interesting. It's just that so much is added that the overarching plotline gets convoluted.

Dude wtf happened to Jiu Ji Tae

@Hong I don't know, but this change in personality ("wannabe badboy punk" angle) is... Kinda lame and unnecessarily obnoxious. It's just bludgeoning the plot with a heavy ass club looool

Users who are viewing this thread