Filter-Goshi no Kanojo - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Study Session with Gals

Dex-chan lover
Most of the time and for a reason it's : "why bother if a (lesser quality) version already exist?" Then they drop it. Making the bad translation actually WORSE for the community.
If a group ups and runs away because a translation isn't as high quality as there's that just shows a couple of things.

They were just interested in the attention they got from it (Possibly money too if they've got a Patreon or Ko-Fi and/or their own site) and not the manga itself.
It also shows that their work ethic is trash and they shouldn't have stepped up to the plate in the first place if all it takes for them to give something up is another person who doesn't meet the same quality standards they hold to jump in. Seriously, imagine if Apple decided to give up because of all the knock-off iProducts on the market.

What's actually worse for the community is how quick people are to insult and bash the work of others instead of providing constructive criticism and advice. At least then they can improve and possibly work on other manga they're passionate about in the future instead of being chased off and potentially not bothering with this community as a whole.

Dex-chan lover
Why do snipers always do random chapters instead of just continuing where the last group left off...? Wtf is the point of doing chapter 7 if there isn't a chapter 6...???

Group Leader
As a scanlator myself, I always wonder if readers ever consider why good scans take time.

Translators put in effort to honor the original text.
Proofreaders do their best to make it sound natural.
Cleaners and redrawers makes sure to keep the art beautiful.
Typesetters try to keep the feel of the fonts to the original.

The only thing I feel when I read MTLs and lazy scans is "Why do I put in so much effort to share these art and stories I love when randos with Microsoft paint and Google translate can give a half ass version and 80% of the people won't even care?"

It turns the hobby of scans into a race to beat MTLs. Doesn't make me want to do them faster. Just makes me think what's the point of doing it better.

Dex-chan lover
If a group ups and runs away because a translation isn't as high quality as there's that just shows a couple of things.

They were just interested in the attention they got from it [...]
It also shows that their work ethic is trash and they shouldn't have stepped up to the plate in the first place[...]
What the fuck is this kind of take? Also, it aged like milk when I read benderboyboy answer right after. I'm sure he's a lazy pos with trashy work ethic and should never do the job, hu?
What's actually worse for the community is how quick people are to insult and bash the work of others
You do deserve some kind of insult after saying something so atrocious.

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck is this kind of take?
My apologies, I didn't convey the point I was trying to make very well. Your whole argument here is "Why bother if a lesser quality scan already exists", right? The point I wanted to make was that it honestly and truly doesn't matter if a lesser quality scan exists if your goal is to release high quality scans. Plain and simple.

There's nothing stopping them from doing things to the standards they have set. It isn't as though they can't continue to work at their own pace and strive for the quality the want, right? The same way there's nothing stopping someone stepping in with something worse is the same way there's nothing stopping someone from stepping in with something better. It's not like they can't upload chapters because of it either, there's plenty of Manga on this site where there are multiple groups that are simultaneously working on the same chapters and releasing them. All with varying degrees of quality in some aspect or another but they still get released.

That is why I mentioned work ethic. There's realistically no reason for someone to quit doing something just because something worse was released. It'd be one thing if someone was releasing something of equal or higher quality more frequently, but that's not the case here. They're giving up because someone released something worse. Their drive came to a halt because of something worse. They couldn't be bothered to deliver something better because someone came in with something worse. Instead of showing people what things could be like they throw in the towel and call it quits. If they're discouraged because of that then they shouldn't have stepped up to the plate in the first place if all it took was someone doing something worse than them.
Also, it aged like milk when I read benderboyboy answer right after. I'm sure he's a lazy pos with trashy work ethic and should never do the job, hu?
Minus the insults you're needlessly tossing in there and putting in my mouth, if they're the type to run away because someone jumped in with something worse, then yes. I'd say they have bad work ethic for all the reasons I outlined above.
You do deserve some kind of insult after saying something so atrocious.
I... Don't really understand the point you're trying to make here with what you quoted. Did you perhaps not erase enough or erase the wrong thing? If not, which community would you say is better?:
Community A: A community where ones shortcomings are met with constructive criticism and advice on how to improve and become or do something better.

Or

Community B: One where despite making it clear you're new to it people insult you and your work because you're not as experienced as others who do it

If you chose Community A then I truly do not understand what point you're trying to make because we're in the same boat. The community that builds itself up and encourages improvement over the one that tears down the work of others because it's not as good as others is the better and what we should strive to be.

Dex-chan lover
Hi @Samzyy thank you again for scanlating this chapter. Now that animewaves just uploaded ch6, I believe its best for you to get in touch them, and decide whats best for both of you and this series (I recall its @LordTouchMee who uploaded it). Just so we don't have any silly misunderstanding that leads everybody's on everyone's neck. Im really sorry you have to see a lot of people being very super mean here, when you just want to share your joy of this series and meant no harm and rivalry.

Even tho I want to see more of this series soon (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠). I will respect any decision both of you come up.

Thank you again for both of your works! ⊂⁠(⁠(⁠・⁠▽⁠・⁠)⁠)⁠⊃

Dex-chan lover
Hi everyone! I read the criticism and fixed the rotation on the text, along with the duplicate pages (I somehow messed up how I saved them so that was a bummer). I will take the rest of the corrections into account when (and if) I translate the next chapter! Thank you so much for your guys' feedback! I will try to do better from here on out. As for why I skipped Chapter Six, I felt that since that chapter is (at least from what I can gather) being translated, I would go ahead and do 7 while the other group does six. However, any feedback is much appreciated, so I would appreciate it! Thanks once again.
I appreciate you taking the time to translate and good job on fixing the test.

Thank you for making the effort (even if it is mtl). There isn't much need to be so humble about it - you've already done more than pretty much anyone who's bitching and cunting about it in here.

Dex-chan lover
I really hope someone can do a big release on these because of how far behind the raws we are

Dex-chan lover
"hello everyone as a celebration for 100k follower im gonna post a video of my classmate cumming inside of me while his sister french kiss me hope ya'll like it :giggle::giggle:"

Users who are viewing this thread