Filtering chapters according to Group in "Follows" :rejected:

I think an option to filter which chapters are shown in Follows according to which group/user uploaded it could be useful. It is kind of a hassel to press "read"( The eye-thingie) on every chapter uploaded by another group than the group who uploaded the chapter I just read. That is, when multiple groups upload the same chapter. An alternative would be to enable "chapter-based-read" and not "upload-based-read" (Which I think is what is currently used).

I have looked over the "Planned and Rejected Features" and found "Blocking chapters based on the uploader" under Rejected -> Chapter Listing, which is pretty similar to what i suggest but this is for Follows so I hope that it don't count as spam/repeating a suggestion.

I am still somewhat new to MangaDex så I might have missed some feature that does what I have just suggested, if so: my bad, would you be so kind as to show me how I do this?

Thanks!😊

Double-page supporter
> It is kind of a hassel to press "read"( The eye-thingie) on every chapter uploaded by another group than the group who uploaded the chapter I just read.

Erhm... but why would you do it? o_O That makes no sence IMO

Edit: oh, I see...
I am still somewhat new to MangaDex
is problem here. Seems like you don't follow many manga yet. When your follow list accumulate a couple hundreds titles you will find a bit hard to remember what group you read for every manga. So marking only one group per chapter makes much more sence than auto-mark every group for certain chapter.

Hehe, maybe not super new to MangaDex, I follow as of right now 225 titles 😛 But still short a couple of hundreds to reach a couple of hundreds I guess 😉
I guess I'm a bit pedantic with it. It just looks much better with all chapters marked as "read".

But I see what you mean. I find it already difficult to remember which group is my prefered uploader for thr majority of the titles I follow.

How about if one could set a prefered uploader on the title home page and you could choose to only be notified when they upload?

Group Leader
You can block the other group if you want, just click on their group name and hit block.
Only thing it'll fuck you on is if said group is going a different manga you're reading as well (and you read their version) it'll block ALL manga they work on

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@HyperActivity posted:

How about if one could set a prefered uploader on the title home page and you could choose to only be notified when they upload?
It's a naive solution. It's pretty easy to imagine a situation where it would cause unwanted side effects, such as when a group has quietly dropped a series and another one picks it up. Blocking a group-manga combination would be more robust, but that's a bit nightmarish to maintain in both the UI and the database calls, as well as specifically anti-competitive in a manner that I dislike.

Double-page supporter
> It just looks much better with all chapters marked as "read".

That's called OCD. It has nothing to do with MD. Visit you doc, depends on your case there's most likely treatment for it.

@Teasday
Thanks you for considering my suggestion. I had my suspicions that it was something out of reach. I have no prior knowledge of webpage programming/maintenance or database programming/maintenance but I understand that it could spell alot more problems than benefits. I also didn't notice the drawback of "anti-competitive" that the filtering would result in, hehe😅

Well, thanks again for looking it over.

p.s. how do you tag someone in a thread here? 😁
p.s.s. Seems like I managed to do it :p

Users who are viewing this thread