Fire Force - Vol. 27 Ch. 238 - That Figure

Double-page supporter
Once again, religious nut bags forsaking everyone that isn't them.

You know, considering the people that were at the scene were the only ones shown to actually understand this 'Raffles' needed to be put down... that reaction kinda makes sense, considering the populace didn't know the devastation he caused or didn't wanna believe he caused it. Or worse, it wasn't shown live at all, and only the part where he screamed they'd be given salvation was the start of the broadcast for them. Next chapter will tell us.

Dex-chan lover
@Servbot
Not when your world and collective immagination (adolla) are merging together.

From ther prospective, a wanted criminal killed their god

Aggregator gang
Brilliant transition from Shinra being a hero to his, and the devil to the rest of the world. Well played by the White Cloaks.

Ah Shinra is so in love with Iris, I hope for a happy ending but I have a feeling that their world is doomed.

Latom.

Double-page supporter
I love how this is totally inspired by the bible, with Shinra being accused as a devil and only a few believes in him.

"lets have this dude kill basically god in the country that worships him as their sole religion, the publics perception will surely be positive"

this was so obviously gonna backfire im genuinely shocked people are surprised

Dex-chan lover
You wouldn't be exactly happy if Jesus came back and someone shot him in the head.
If Revelations is anything to go by, his return would cause a lot of devastation as well, so the author made a rather accurate parallel with Christian escathology. Although I'm pretty sure he doesn't even realize it and was just going for the cool factor lol.

Dex-chan lover
When you have a god that kills on a whim, and a hero that stops said god, of course idiots would call that hero... "A Devil".

Dex-chan lover
When the cameras were on Shinra, I thought perhaps this was a way to show him as a hero.
But how many in the cameras saw the devastation? Or can comprehend it? They are too far away, too isolated from it to want to believe it, especially when a hero of history in their eyes, a saviour, did the deed. So instead they saw what they wanted to see in their ignorance. Their savour being destroyed, and only a devil could commit such a sin.
I'm surprised Shinra vanished though. I thought he was about to change form as their views on him warp him into a monster.

So we are at the point where collective thought becomes reality eh , that's gonna be a crazy factor going forward

Dex-chan lover
The hero who saved the world has been clarified as devil. How cliche yet sad.

You can't blame the people tho. It's like if Jesus himself came down and someone launches icbms at him

Aggregator gang
@luxiaojun177 @RexNemorensis Shinra is still the Jesus of this story; no matter the miracle he as a hero created, and even though he had allies who believed in him till the end, a substantial majority still prosecuted him as a devil.

Users who are viewing this thread