Fire Force - Vol. 29 Ch. 252 - The Doomsday Image

Dex-chan lover
Massive, otherworldly beings at scale with the whole Earth, in the tradition of Fullmetal Alchemist and The End of Evangelion.

Reading some of these comments really hurts my head.

Some of you have got no reading comprehension and understanding of the narrative. You also don't have any idea of what it means to build up a plot.

It feels dragged? Then leave and come back in a year or so.

@Addam Not gonna lie, it does feel a bit slow, but I can see it's also properly paced. Things are happening exactly how they should in the narrative, and to do anything else would cause plot holes.

God I can't wait to see this animated. And with the sound design by DP? that's gonna be some good shit

@R-mod Glad someone understands, is either rushing things or taking your time to flesh out the plot. I choose the later.

These weekly serializations are meant to binge in tankobon format.

This manga really shows the limits of a weekly publication...
It's either you are a genius and you manages to make each weekly chapter fucking interesting or you throw everything and be like "at least it'll be good when people read the next volume".
Prison school did this: boring weekly publication but once you read it all it's really good, but for this one I really feel like the author is slowing the pace on purpose.

Group Leader
@Addam This. Understandably people are calling it slow-paced, but they're failing to understand that Fire Force is supposed to be read volume-to-volume, not weekly. Heck, when these last four chapters are adapted into one episode of the anime, people are going to say it's too fast.

@Addam I've had that same problem in many other stories, and always people frustrated me with their whining. It's like they don't care about the logic and realism in the story, nor do they care to even think if any of their demands make sense.

@SoJammy Worst part is, I can see that happening.

Edit: Also thank you very much for translating this story. We are in your debt, Jammy-senpai.

Group Leader
@R-Mod it'll defo happen but it is what it is, I'm happy there are readers like yourselves that have a good understanding of that concept whilst reading Fire Force

And it's a pleasure, honestly (gotta shoutout my translator(s), redrawing and editing team too!)

@SoJammy Well, you can't judge a story until you've seen it in its entirety. You never know how far the writer's planned it out, or how well things will flow as they keep adding.

Well I thank them too, personally if I could. It's gonna be sad when this story's finally over.

Users who are viewing this thread