Fisherboy Sanpei

Finally, somebody generous enough to start scans one of the classic. props to you sir!

Group Leader
@xcloox (late reply, sorry) Thank you for your support! I figured that if no one else was up to the task, I'd take matters into my own hands!

Dex-chan lover
OH MY GOD! THANK YOU FOR TRANSLATING THIS! I once had this raw manga because it looks interesting. And true enough, it got me hook!!! I'm glad someone translate this one!

Group Leader
@Fugutron No problem! Thank you for your support!
@PanzerIVF I felt exactly the same when when I first read it! I was so suprised that a manga fundamentally about something I have no interest in in real life could be so beautiful and captivating.

Wow. Can't thank you enough for this.

Are the chapters taken from the Bunko (36 volumes) or Heiseinban (12 volumes) edition? I doubt it's coming from the tanko. I do hope this edition contains the 2 sequels written after the original. Think of buying the books myself, but I find it quite pricey >_<

With Sanpei as his most recognized work all around the world, It's really unfortunate that Yaguchi sensei's other titles almost never gets it's release outside of Japan. I do hope that somebody or an english publisher take an interest in one of his titles, and the Japanese license holder is willing to license it.

SH

Group Leader
@shindouhikaru You reading it is thanks enough!
These are taken from the 36 (+2) KCSP edition as those are the raws I have. There is also the original 65 (+2 extra) volume extra edition. Both contain the same stories, just in a different order (I'm currently working on a spreadsheet of the differences for my own personal use). Heisei-ban is a completely different series with all new stories.

I totally agree! Mangareborn has actually licensed a few of his titles for overseas digital distribution, but the site seems dead and only one or two or them have translations. I would love a physical English release of Matagi, preferably in omnibus format!

I always end up going on for way too long, sorry (⌒_⌒;)

@NanairoKarasu Ah Mangareborn. I remember used to read some chapters from there. From the looks of the cache on search engines, it's still alive, although one might need to use VPN to access it, or the server might be online at just a certain time of day for a certain amount of hours during the day. I'll try reaching that site later during the day using VPN. Hopefully it's still there.

Edit: It's still accessible. It's just slow. Super duper slow. Trying to open 1 page of Matagi takes a few minutes.

SH

Dex-chan lover
@NanairoKarasu From what I surmise the ones you are working on is the edition where the stories are grouped by type of fish caught rather than chronological order of publishing? The author mentions it here: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1196726/45

Wow, just discovered your project today and I'm really happy to see this manga is finally being scanlated. I was considering watching the anime but I'll probably stick with the manga for now.

Wish you good luck in this really long looooooong journey and I'll be excited for following it!

Group Leader
@Nintakun Thank you so much for your support! I honestly don't recommend the anime that much for a variety of reasons, mostly because a lot of emotion impact was lost in certain stories due to them wanting to lean into a younger demographic (it also doesn't help that the English subs for the series are really, really bad. Like, Chinese to machine translated English bad). I do however enjoy Nozawa Masako's role as Sanpei, and if you don't mind spoilers I would recommend you watch episodes 17 through 19. They adapt my personal favorite story and add in an extra part to a scene that I feel makes it more emotional. Rambling again, sorry (⌒_⌒;)

This is so excellent! Thank you so much for translating this and I hope you'll do more when you have time. Great work!

Users who are viewing this thread