Flying Witch - Vol. 13 Ch. 79 - Gifts from a fairy tale

Dex-chan lover
What’s clear is German witches won’t make the mistake between poison and a present.

To be clear: gift means poison in German
We've had quite a bit of Norwegian in this manga, and as a noun, gift means poison in Norwegian as well. In adjective form, gift means "married" in Norwegian. Draw your own conclusions about that.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Fun fact: Gift is also the Swedish word for poison. But the Swedish word for marriage, is also gift. Talk about some poisonous marriages ho ho.

She certainly was pretty cute as a catgirl and that smug face fits the catgirl aesthetic quite well. Gotta have gotten it from hanging around the foxes of the cafe. She sure is kinda scary also. And totally a daddy's girl.

Group Leader
The beginning reminded me a bit of an episode I watched recently of Delicious Party Precure, where one of the main characters had zero relationship with her parents who were rarely at home.
Fuwa Kokone, Cure Spicy (ironically enough, one of the most bland Precures, despite the name).

All of her focus episodes are about how she's shy around her parents and she keep learning to be more open with them EVERY SINGLE TIME!

That's not the only problem with Delicious Party Precure, but when comparing to Flying Witch, only the concept of this dynamic is similar, the execution is leagues better here.

Dex-chan lover
We didn't get a beach chapter (which is what I was expecting from the cover art) but we did get neko Anzu. Also hoping for more neko Anzu in future chapters

Supporter
That tail wagging at the end... lol

I didn't notice until I looked back that Chinatsu also did take a bite of the cat apple and grew a tail/ears.

Dex-chan lover
This is like the second chapter of a manga published within the past couple of weeks where a character that I really like who hasn't been the main focus of a chapter in literally years finally gets another chapter. In this manga, it's Anzu, in the other manga, The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated, it's Saurva/Salwa.

I hope we get another Anzu chapter within the next five years. I want to see more of Anzu being an ojou-sama with her friend group at school.

I don't think we saw the exact moment that the "ground is water" magic wore off with Anzu's father. I was worried that he'd fuse with the ground just like the Enterprise crew member who fused with the floor after phasing halfway through in that one Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, "In Theory".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Came for the funny witch dynamics.

Stayed for the father-daughter wholesome connection

Dex-chan lover
man, this manga went to 3 art stages, the debut art, the anime art, then the current one, I wonder whats happening with the author. the story is still as good as ever so I wont complain that much.

Dex-chan lover
man, this manga went to 3 art stages, the debut art, the anime art, then the current one, I wonder whats happening with the author. the story is still as good as ever so I wont complain that much.
I suspect the different art styles over the years are representative of different assistants (or lack of assistants). I believe that Chihiro Ishizuka has hired assistants in the past because I remember Ishizuka Tweeting what was essentially a "help wanted" ad for an assistant on her (?) Twitter a few years ago.

Fed-Kun's army
This is like the second chapter of a manga published within the past couple of weeks where a character that I really like who hasn't been the main focus of a chapter in literally years finally gets another chapter. In this manga, it's Anzu, in the other manga, The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated, it's Saurva/Salwa.

I hope we get another Anzu chapter within the next five years. I want to see more of Anzu being an ojou-sama with her friend group at school.

I don't think we saw the exact moment that the "ground is water" magic wore off with Anzu's father. I was worried that he'd fuse with the ground just like the Enterprise crew member who fused with the floor after phasing halfway through in that one Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, "In Theory".
he probably just popped out like a bubble would seeing how magic seems to work in this series

Dex-chan lover
wait, is this the first male character shown to has magic-related work???

Dex-chan lover
v6IPzPFwZa0.jpg

That cover art though... :smugchisato:
this manga need a suggestive tag

Users who are viewing this thread