Food Court de, Mata Ashita. - Vol. 1 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
I'm probably gonna report the chapter because adding a fake goodbye message just to fuck with people is stupid as fuck.

Damn that fake ending message is lame as hell. Person who posted this chapter is a dumb dork.

We have been hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray, run amok and flat out deceived. Fuck this translator.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sad_Reality On the main page for the manga, before the chapters start, there's a yellow flag button on the right. Click away, and be specific in your details.

Also, a note to the TL: Your username is wrong. You are hated for telling stupid, stupid lies.

Wait what is the gyaru mad about? Wada left without her after promising to wait, but I don't get the line about an empty seat?

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz Probably a local troll upload first, but that it might screw with aggregators is a nice bonus.

But a single-chapter uploader with the username "Hated4TellingTheTruth" does give the impression of a troll.

Also their user message
I have been informed by some very perceptive commenters on 13th chapter of See you at the Food Court that I've made an grave error while interpreting the last page of the chapter. I sincerely apologize. The error was made entirely due to my INCOMPETENCE. Why capitalize the word INCOMPETENCE? Because mistakes stemming from it do not seem to lead to any repercussions as evidenced by numerous examples of manga translation works posted on this site of, shall we say, questionable quality. I fully plan on fixing the error as soon as I have the means to do so, namely access to a computer with editing software and original manga files. Again, I apologise of any mental turmoil my INCOMPETENCE might have caused and promise to have the matter settled within a days time.
(emphasis is mine)
, seem to imply they want to make a statement about other translations they find messy or incorrect...

Contributor
@Simpleton
I don't even understand what the point of the dude's crusade is.
Shitty subpar translations (machine TL, grammatical messes, just plain wrong, etc.) get called out all the time.
And yes, I fully expect the whole "It's free, so you shouldn't complain because it's better than nothing" debate will never die.

Sure, not every manga receives the same careful scrutinization, depending on reader popularity, content, relative importance and impact on the story/characters, etc.
Sure, many translators admit upfront that their English/Japanese/Chinese/Korean/etc. is far from fluent/competent and that they even welcome a superior version to replace theirs in time.
Sure, of those called out, only a small percentage ever get fixed by the groups themselves, while acknowledging the errors without rage quitting scanlating entirely.

Group Leader
Or for the record, I mean, it's not like this impedes what I do anyway, per se. I'm just busy right now.

Dex-chan lover
i understand how yamamoto's feels...
once your best friend got a boyfriend and started to talked about someone else that you don't know, you'll feel left behind.
hopefully wada realize that having a best friend to hang out with is already enough.

anyway thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@Akira9200 The chapter on this was much earlier, when Wada mistakenly thought that Yamamoto got a boyfriend and started whining about men. Rather, it's more about how Wada seems to have forgotten about her birthday because of her bakaness. Although to be honest, the logic of "don't get a boyfriend because you have a best friend to hang out" is pretty toxic.

Users who are viewing this thread