Football Discussion.

Dex-chan lover
Discussing pandaball in the football thread? :worry:
I would point out that gridiron (American) football is kind of a crap sport (although, as an American, I do watch it). It's five to ten seconds of big guys pushing each other around, followed by thirty to forty-five seconds of lining up to do it again, for three hours (with a few longer breaks in there). At least association football is somewhat constant action for most of the two hours a match takes.

[Feel free to retaliate in the baseball thread I'm planning on putting up in a few days (since spring training is set to kick off for most MLB teams this week).]

Dex-chan lover
I would be interested in Rugby taking hold in America. And I think there is more effort and strategy in flag football because thwarting the efforts of the other team to take your flag and trying to take a flag is more technically advanced then just smashing into each other.

Contributor
At least association football is somewhat constant action for most of the two hours a match takes.
Well rugby is even more active! I would recommend you to watch the Six Nations rugby tournament happening in Europe right now.

Dex-chan lover
Well rugby is even more active! I would recommend you to watch the Six Nations rugby tournament happening in Europe right now.
I will see if I can do that. Looks like US coverage is on Peacock, which I've got. Thanks!

Group Leader
Money can't buy you happiness.
048.gif
But oil money can buy you the AFC Cup.

Group Leader
Looking at the recap, how did City not win by at least a brace?

Also, the roommate is in a foul mood with Arsenal's loss today.

I guess I have to pull for the all-German final at this point.
Squandered chances and not being able to find good scoring opportunity. Haaland getting locked down was to be expected. But unlike the last time with Foden and Gvardiol, KDB did not have good accuracy with his shots. He scored one, but missed many others. I was thinking that he might regret those chances if MC does lose. Sadly, they did. Bernado Silva was just unlucky. Lunin decided that for one penalty, he would stand still, which turned out to be Silva's. I was confused as to why Pep subbed off KDB and Haaland, but maybe he wasn't wrong. KDB probably would have missed his penalty. Kovacic was a fresh sub, but still failed to score his penalty, a damn shame. It does remind me of England's penalties in Euro final against Italy. Fresh subs who came on for penalties, yet, couldn't score. As for Haaland, how the hell is he so tired that he couldn't continue? He didn't do that much in the match.

I never thought Arsenal could get past Bayern, honestly. Well, good job on them for getting this far.

Honestly, I'm not exactly a City fan, but I kind of enjoy seeing them play, and Haaland caught my interest, so I tend to root for them. I don't even care which team wins the CL. As long as it's not Madrid again. I was hoping for a Haaland VS Mbappe final, but Kane VS Mbappe is still fine, too. I think Kane is not appreciated enough, and I'd take him over them both at this time. Even if Dortmund wins somehow, I'd still be okay with it. But I'd be rooting for Kane, Mbappe over Madrid.

Speaking of Mbappe, he had some good luck yesterday. Unnecessary foul that led to a penalty, and a mistake from another defender gave him two goals. Also, kind of funny how some people say that Barca can't do anything without Messi, while other people would say that PSG can get this far because they got rid of Messi and Naymar. And it's true that PSG was underwhelming even with the trio Mbappe/Messi/Naymar. Having too many big shots in the same team isn't always a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread