Football Discussion.

Group Leader
This is a thread to discuss football (soccer for you yanks) in general. There should be at least a few football fans on this forum, I hope? We had a wild World Cup last year. Feel free to share what you think about it. Or anything football related.

We have some interesting matches coming up:

AFF Cup Final: Vietnam VS Thailand (2-2) first leg today, second leg on Monday. Two strongest teams in the Southeast Asian region. Both are looking to step up their game to qualify for the 2026 WC.

Serie A: Juventus got roasted by Napoli 5-1 today.

Premier League: Man United VS Man City.
Chelsea continued their awful streak with a loss to Fulham yesterday.
Brighton VS Liverpool tomorrow.
Tottenham Spurs VS Arsenal on Sunday.

Which matches are you interested in watching? Or anything else you want to discuss?
087.gif

By the way, I don't see an option to create a poll?

Dex-chan lover
Used to be a fan back in the day primarily Mexican League my favorite team used to be Las Chivas but I havent seen any futbol in ages. I do have fond memories of talking shit to my cousins who went for our rival team America though.
640px-Guadalajara_CD.svg.png

Group Leader
vamos argentino.
1671370116324318.png

anyway, which football? soccer?

Indonesia and Thailand 1 1. sadge

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure how many sports fans are on Mangadex. I know I'm stereotyping here, but I still think I'm right.

Dex-chan lover
Not a fan of balls,
Just doesn't appeal to me,
Outlier's standpoint.

Group Leader
There are a few of us. :]

There should be at least a few football fans on this forum, I hope? We had a wild World Cup last year. Feel free to share what you think about it.
I'm French and still not over the final : D
Hopeful for the future though

Last edited:
Group Leader
Yes, I mean European football, aka soccer for those who are still confused.
100.gif

So Man City lost. Honestly didn't expect that at all. Bruno's goal was controversial for a good reason, though. Liverpool also choked today. Both them and Chelsea had been very poor this season. Salah and Son have not been so hot, either. Maybe they ran out of steam last season. So after a painful start, Man United is in the top 4! I'm hoping Spurs can get back in top 4, though. Let's see how they do tomorrow.

Indonesia and Thailand 1 1. sadge
You watch AFF, too? Who're you rooting for? Thailand or Vietnam?

I'm not sure how many sports fans are on Mangadex. I know I'm stereotyping here, but I still think I'm right.
Now, now. Surely there are sports fans on here. Maybe not necessarily football fans, but some other sports, like tennis or martial arts.

I'm French and still not over the final : D
Hopeful for the future though
It was a shame. Mbappe played the match of his life but the rest of the team, especially defenders, didn't play well enough. Lloris couldn't even save a single penalty.
053.gif
Wonder if Benzama had been playing, how would things have turned out? But still, they were playing with handicaps (missing players), and still made it to the final, destroying the WC champion curse in the process. Mad respect to that. In any case, winning the WC, or getting to the final, isn't something that happens often. France might not get to this stage again...

Group Leader
It was a shame. Mbappe played the match of his life but the rest of the team, especially defenders, didn't play well enough. Lloris couldn't even save a single penalty. Wonder if Benzama had been playing, how would things have turned out? But still, they were playing with handicaps (missing players), and still made it to the final, destroying the WC champion curse in the process. Mad respect to that. In any case, winning the WC, or getting to the final, isn't something that happens often. France might not get to this stage again...
Can't really fault Lloris for pens, it should never have come to that anyway. Our pen takers weren't much better either.
Nah, Hugo had an excellent World Cup and we probably wouldn't have been in final without him, so all in all... : o

tbh basically no one was having a good time until the ~70". Midfield had nothing to offer, the players were always just a bit late on their actions in general. It was truly dire right until the end, though what an end that was. In their defense, like you said we did have a lot of injuries, so a lot of youngsters / players not used to this level of pressure. + covid or whatever that virus was probably hurt us a lot, you could see that some French players were well and truly cooked (Varane at the end...).

We can't really complain much about our run (that last strike by Kolo Muani though... fuck) given the circumstances, from what I heard even the Federation wasn't expecting much. That being said, I'm still very hopeful for the future because we're stacked and the next generation will be too, and with this WC now have a number of relatively young players who have a World Cup final under their belt, that's not nothing :)

Dex-chan lover
I'm still so disappointed in soccer/football players.

I basically only watch football when its the world cup, but I'm constantly disappointed in how many dives and flops for top competitors in that field despite video referring.

I still don't understand how they could market VAR as cutting edge technology in FIFA 2018 when Rugby sports have had it for over a decade.

Group Leader
Arsenal just widen the gap by beating Spurs 2-0. Seems like they might win the PL this year. Kane and Son better step up their game if they want to get in top 4.
Upanhso.tk-1.gif

I'm still so disappointed in soccer/football players.

I basically only watch football when its the world cup, but I'm constantly disappointed in how many dives and flops for top competitors in that field despite video referring.

I still don't understand how they could market VAR as cutting edge technology in FIFA 2018 when Rugby sports have had it for over a decade.

I would argue that players today play more fair and respectful than before. Of course, you will still see dives and flops and nasty fouls every now and then. But with VAR and a bunch of cameras ready to expose them, plus with aftermath criticism from social media, means the players will be much more hesitant to play dirty.
096.gif

VAR could have and should have been implemented much sooner. People were obtuse and thought it would slow the game down. Well, not like it matters more than having a fair game.

Embarrassingly, we still have many players in the AFF who are against it. But at least most people know the reason why: if VAR is implemented, every match would have at least 1-2 red cards. They are still playing rough football over there.

Group Leader
Arsenal just widen the gap by beating Spurs 2-0. Seems like they might win the PL this year. Kane and Son better step up their game if they want to get in top 4.
Upanhso.tk-1.gif

I would argue that players today play more fair and respectful than before. Of course, you will still see dives and flops and nasty fouls every now and then. But with VAR and a bunch of cameras ready to expose them, plus with aftermath criticism from social media, means the players will be much more hesitant to play dirty.
096.gif

VAR could have and should have been implemented much sooner. People were obtuse and thought it would slow the game down. Well, not like it matters more than having a fair game.

Embarrassingly, we still have many players in the AFF who are against it. But at least most people know the reason why: if VAR is implemented, every match would have at least 1-2 red cards. They are still playing rough football over there.
how did Aussie not on AFF.

Group Leader
So Vietnam ended up choking in fear on Thailand's soil, after all. Well, it's a loss that they truly deserved, to be frank. The players are either not in good form, unmotivated, or didn't seem to know how to play at all. Their head coach's steam ran out and the result today confirmed it. If this is how they perform against the neighboring teams, they have no hope of making it to the WC. They have two more years to restructure their team. I have little hope for them, though.

Not sure what Thailand aims to do next, but good luck to them.

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALLS COMING HOME!!! 🕊️🕊️🕊️🕊️🕊️

BTW AL-NASSR + AL-HILAL VS PSG TOMORROW YEE HAW 🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️

Group Leader
Al-Nassir VS PSG was much more entertaining that I expected. I thought PSG would dominate more and the score would be more in favor of PSG. Wonderful match for both sides, 9 goals and 3 penalties. Ronaldo played well, too. Clearly, despite what the fanboys and haters want to say, there's a level of respect between Ronaldo and the other three. Hope he'll continue to do well from here.

Man City 4 - 2 Spurs.
Damn. That was a painful match for Spurs. To lose 4 goals after you've already scored two, that's gotta hurt.
112.gif
Man City still have a chance to catch up to Arsenal, while Spurs will have to push themselves much more if they want to get into top 4.

Group Leader
Arsenal put an end of MU's streak. :p

Liverpool and Chelsea felt bad about burying each other on the scoreboard, so they shared point instead. XD

Ronaldo, after playing a good match against PSG, couldn't score in his official debut match. Nothing wrong with that, he can't score all the time. Just think it's pathetic his haters spend so much time dissing him, lol.

Are any Serie A fans here? I'm interested in reading what you think about Juventus' case. Are more penalties expected? If so, maybe some outgoing transfers will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread