Football Discussion.

Group Leader
Are any Serie A fans here? I'm interested in reading what you think about Juventus' case. Are more penalties expected? If so, maybe some outgoing transfers will happen.
I do like AS Roma. Regarding Juventus, this is not the first time they got in hot water for pulling shady stunts, I recall. I am not familiar with Italian laws, but from what I've read and could understand, they were apparently committing some kind of tax fraud...? In that case, depending on how strict the Italian authorities want to get, they might be facing more penalties. And not just them, but all the other individuals and clubs who are in cahoots with them can also be in trouble as well. Just my guess.
048.gif

Dex-chan lover
Spurs fighting to... keep Arsenal's gap at the top? Seems very Spursy....

Also, USMNT coaching and front office is a tire fire set to continue into the summer, probably ruining any shot at momentum they had coming out of the World Cup. Dammit.

Ten Hag (Manchester U) is on fire this season after firing ronaldo (still holds a very special place in my heart), (L)iverpool and Che(L)sea being mid af this season, Arsena(L) got wrecked for 1 match but they still 🆙, Brighton with mitoma carrying the match, Brentford being good this season, Manchester city got some losses but they're still going strong, spurs still meh (EPL for now, imo)

Group Leader
Ten Hag (Manchester U) is on fire this season after firing ronaldo (still holds a very special place in my heart), (L)iverpool and Che(L)sea being mid af this season, Arsena(L) got wrecked for 1 match but they still 🆙, Brighton with mitoma carrying the match, Brentford being good this season, Manchester city got some losses but they're still going strong, spurs still meh (EPL for now, imo)
MU is also lucky that LP and CH are so poor this season. Otherwise, they would have a much more difficult time fighting to be in top 4. I assume the fanboys are still repeating the "MU better now cuz CR7 gone" chant in the comment section of every video? Haters spend too much time dissing Ronaldo while he laughs all the way to the bank. Can't understand how people can live their life putting out so much negativity to a mere footballer... Would like to see Haaland score more, by the way.

I can't believe Spurs messed up so badly this time. It's as if they really want to stay out of top 4. XD

Dex-chan lover
Would like to see Haaland score more, by the way.
And then the record book caught on fire. Dude is unreal.
I can't believe Spurs messed up so badly this time. It's as if they really want to stay out of top 4. XD
This past week or two has been odd - a couple of the teams at the top have stalled out and are letting the pack catch up. Fun drama!

ALSO, how 'bout that Man City ownership? Is there an over/under yet on how many points they get docked at the end of this?

Group Leader
Serie A: Roma is now in top 4. :D

PL: Spurs is also in top 4 now! Son finally scored! XD
Chelsea got held to a draw by a bottom ranked team... Is someone going to get sacked at the end of the season? XD

Title race between Arsenal and Man City is getting more and more intense.
025.gif

MU pulled themselves up after an abysmal start last year. Well, by stepping on Liverpool and Chelsea's performance. Lady luck is really on MU's side this year. Doesn't look like Newcastle or Spurs can kick them out of top 4, unless they mess up really bad, which seems unlikely.

ALSO, how 'bout that Man City ownership? Is there an over/under yet on how many points they get docked at the end of this?
I'm really not sure on this...
Upanhso.tk-13.gif

Group Leader
Liverpool is coming back to life! :D If Spurs are not careful, they might actually get kicked out of top 4.

How are the haters gonna blame Ronaldo for this thrashing? That ManU felt bad for Spurs so they lost, too?

Roma unexpectedly beat Juventus. Nice! :p

Dex-chan lover
That second half was absurd. I almost felt bad for United at the end of that. Almost. It does look like this makes it a two-team race between Arsenal and Man City at this point. I'm hard pressed to see anyone closing that gap between second and third.

Any word on whether the various English matches scheduled on May 6 will be rescheduled due to the coronation? I've been keeping an eye open for something on that but haven't seen anything either way.

Also, US Major League Soccer is back - trying to figure out whether I should actually choose a team between Minnesota and Kansas City this year. (Commence shitposting about American soccer in three... two... one....)

Group Leader
My god, Haaland was on fire today. Could have scored one more goal to break the record if he wanted to. :p

Let's see if Liverpool can pull off something today...

Dex-chan lover
Big Six Questions for the EPL:
Can Man City pull off the treble? (Sure!)
Can Arsenal help Man City pull off the treble? (Probably.)
Can Man United prevent Man City from pulling off the treble? (Wouldn't count on it.)
Can Liverpool make the Champions League? (Maybe?)
Can Tottenham make Europe? (Spurs gonna Spur.)
Can Chelsea - NOPE.

Group Leader
Welp. They did it. Man City won the treble. Now, let's see if they can still continue to keep up their performance next season, or are they gonna start slacking off and play worse. Not that I expect them to win again, but at least they shouldn't pull a repeat of Liverpool/Chelsea at the start of this season.

Dex-chan lover
Disappointed that Croatia wasn't able to get a piece of hardware today... again. At some point their number has to come up, right?

Meanwhile, in Las Vegas, a group of countries that are 'meh' at football are going at it. The game Thursday night between Mexico and the US was kind of very much an embarrassment - I like the energy of the rivalry, but not so keen on the extra-curriculars. (Also, this matchup needs a catchy nickname of some sort.)

Group Leader
Given Korea and Japan's performance in this tournament, most people have to wonder what divine power is preventing Klinsmann and Moriyasu from being fired.
27.gif

Users who are viewing this thread