For Better or For Worse - Ch. 12

@AnimefangirlX The compromise was that the wedding wasn't on the same scale as what the Duke wanted and was instead going to be. a private event, which can seriously cost the Duke due to his social standing. The ML is uninvolved. The MC is in a time period where women don't really have much say and she's not in a position to be able to disregard or go against not only an elderly and more experienced man, but her family is only noble in name, to the point where she was hunting herself. The fact that the Duke agreed to her request is already a compromise.

If he wanted, he could have practically kidnapped one of the Langston daughters to marry his grandson off to, with no say in the matter whatsoever.

he's gonna look into miles and destroy him in the future isnt he LOL also Dylan being unintentionally smooth LOL. Thanks for the translation!!! I really love the art and story for this series so much omg...

@lastkeeper
In other words, since it's such a big power disparity and he's just humoring her, it's a condescension and not a compromise. "I could force you to do whatever I want whenever I want, but since you appealed to my baser instincts I'm going to throw you a bone and let you have a small ceremony."

Condescension: voluntary descent from one's rank or dignity in relations with an inferior
Compromise: settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions
(Merriam-Webster dictionary)

I respect Dylan's stoicism, I understand her pov, her wishes and so on, but tbh she's letting Cedric in the dark and he's treating him like some kind of brainless and heartless puppet (who can't feel, believe, decide, live, and think freely). Yeah, she's being honest about her wishes in their relationship which is good, but she's getting married without giving a real chance, while telling so many lies and playing with Cedric's considerations to her.

That is not just disrespectful to Cedric AGAIN (I feel like the dude is truly open to try and he's slowly but surely taking her as her life partner), but it's also super cruel to the Grandpa (imagine how hard would it be to see the child of your eyes getting divorced with the grandaughter of your first love?), and rude to the household.

Dylan is just belittling Cedric as the dude from the novel who's fated to do a, b, and c, no more. This is gonna hurt if Cedric is the only one open to be in love in this marriage *sigh*. :'c (ofc Cedric is mainly marrying her to secure his position as a Duke so not everything here is unfair, but at least I feel Dylan is aware of everything, and that's why she has the most power in this relationship)

Edit: Also, Cedric met the FL after being hella broken, so basically our MC will have to do something as horrible as to die with her baby in order for that to happen. She's seriously nuts. Lmao, I'm getting angrier the more I write. XD

@Khulmach yeah, I think it shows how high he thinks of her/or how much he wants to trust, respect, and give her space. Or maybe our ML just disregards Dylan pov (but he's really paying attention to her so idk)

I HATE this trope. "Oh it happened like that in the novel so now that it is reality, it must still follow the plot." Bull. F-ing. SHIT. She already changed so much and still expects the 'original' plot to play out? Why do these MC's always expect something so weird?

The thing that she is being so certain about they will not (or should not) fall in love because they are not destined to be... is making me angry.
Well, first of all, the book you did read is different from what you are living miss, even your personality is different.
Secondly, the one who is marrying with the ML is not your sister but you, again, different from the book you did read.
After all of these kind of situations, it is not logical to believe that the heroine will come no matter what.
This is a life other than the story. So why did you stuck on there?
Go with the flow pleaseee

(Yes I directly wrote this comment to the MC 😅😂)

Dex-chan lover
I just wanna talk about how much I love her green dress, it's simple yet proper and elegant 😍 The button down high collar makes her look so refined and the embroidery on the chest is a nice detail. Her slightly puffy sleeves ending in buttoned cuffs 💕 she's so pretty 💕

Looking through the comments, I'm glad I'm not the only one frustrated with the "I'm gonna follow the novel even though I've already changed it" trope. Like, it's too fucking late for that, you twit.

The “I won’t fall in love with you because you’re destined to be with someone else” trope is so tired. Why would she think that the ML will fall in love with someone else by the time a year passes? He wouldn’t have even met the original FL in the first place if Emily and her son hadn’t died. It was the aftermath of tragedy and despair that brought those two together.

This concept is similar to another story I’m reading. Raeliana also told the man she liked that she wasn’t going to fall in love with him because of the FL, but she unintentionally fell in love with him anyway because they spent sm time together.

We know they’ll eventually fall in love with each other anyway, bc the story is centered around them but,, 😭😭

Can author gives MC some braincells? like there's a thing called butterfly effect, you know he'll fall into despair because he lost his wife, child and grandfather at the same time, but for know his wife is a completely different person so the possibility of things goes into the same path is small, unless you, Dylan gonna have a child with him and die (which is impossible because i'm sure she dont want to 'sleep' with him).

I wonder how the original fl would turn out to be cause dylan's the one who married him. Hope she ain't gonna be a villainess. *Sigh

I mean, girl, you've already said it yourself: a lot has changed in the novel, so why are you excluding the OBVIOUS conclusion that the following plot will change as well??? Even if he meets her, he just might not fall in love with her, it was an accumulation of the previous events that led to their love story, like, wth, how are you not getting this arggghhhh

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Miles will make an appearance later on that will be hilarious

Fed-Kun's army
Lol why on earth does "You will fall in love with the actual FL as the novel stated" trope still exist, I mean girl you already altered the little sister's character from being sickly to a hyper fangirl who squeals at romantic scene.

Users who are viewing this thread