Forced to Become the Villainous Son-in-law - Ch. 0 - Prologue

@dime48 that word "cultivate" doesn't even translate half of the meaning and context of xianxia genre. Not to mention there is a big dfference between wuxia and xianxia genre. Not sure who came up with the translation cultivation lol

@fallenblue there really isn't a word for it in English due to the nature of cultural difference. If I had to say literally 'cultivation' means training by ways of different styles(there are a lot of them with different system too) to surpass human capability and ascend/evolve to become Xian. Xian is similar to god in the West, the main difference is that they don't need any believer and thus don't need to establish any sort of religion. And even at the level of Xian, there are still level difference, to reach the level of creator it will take a long time. Also it is believed that it is against the nature of the Universe(Tao/Dao) to become Xian, thus all the obstacles that comes with it to prevent you to become one. Usually when they reach a certain level they would need to go through a trial of thunder in order to reach the next level.

I have this weird feeling that is like abhorrance and disapointment with some disdain but also humour that I got when his strategy to gain power was to just beat the protagonist to the random lucky encounters he was supposed to power up with...

And this guy is the author of the book... He wrote a deus-ex-machina powered novel and now he is depending on said poor writting to survive...

Anyone else? IT is a weird feel.

(・・?) (*speechless*)
Well... This looks... Umm... Interesting...?
This better not be one of those comics that have an annoying and long-ass plot with little action, P L E A S E
#prayformysanity

Is this supposed to be a harem, btw?

Users who are viewing this thread