Fort of Apocalypse

Is anyone familiar with this manga? It may cliche, but it is about a zombie apocalypse. It sounds interesting because it starts off with a juvenile delinquent who is committed to a group home like setting while zombies rampage the streets. I thought it would be fun but what is your take on it? I love gore and taboo subject matter, so if that content is in here, kudos! :devilish::giggle::coffee:

Dex-chan lover
It felt a bit too sloppy for me to properly enjoy. The story moves a bit too quickly through some common zombie story scenarios, and doesn't really give time for anything to sink in that might otherwise hook you in a bit more, like characters outside the main group or going deeper into its more unusual scenarios. Even for a simple fast-and-loose action/survival series it felt a bit too aimless.

I also keep confusing the main cast with the one from Starving Anonymous (which is much more out there, but also more fun), but that's entirely on me.

I prefer and would rather recommend I am a Hero, which is very similar with its fast-and-loose approach, escalating zombie threat and weird main cast. While his stories can feel a bit rough at times, Hanazawa Kengo's always very good at keeping you hooked through all his manga with a feeling of low-key dread (especially the rom-coms).

Last edited:
Is anyone familiar with this manga? It may cliche, but it is about a zombie apocalypse. It sounds interesting because it starts off with a juvenile delinquent who is committed to a group home like setting while zombies rampage the streets. I thought it would be fun but what is your take on it? I love gore and taboo subject matter, so if that content is in here, kudos! :devilish::giggle::coffee:
it's a very 7/10 manga its a fun read and there are some creative moments in it , i haven't finished it yet (tho i do plan to).

Users who are viewing this thread