Forum Suggested Features: Megathread

jak

Contributor
A "request/recommendation" forum would be nice. Make it a child board of Manga.

I would enjoy it like in a summum level if I could favourite chapters of manga. I have certain chapters of certain manga, that I consider to be above the rest, and just to show my appreciation, and also to have a kind of direct link to it, I'd like a tab or a list or something of "favourite chapters". It would be very interesting to be able to see it from other users, very, very interesting.

please imprrove the Follows latest updates so i only keeps most recient chapters of each manga becuse otherwise it will lag out. I follow 134 manga but latest updates has over 4000 chapters and rising so at least have it remove anything over 2 months old to prevent oversaturation.? thank you
If anyone with discord could notify an admin about this that would be geat.

P.S.
FEAR St. Elmo's Fire ?

Group Leader
@Alraisen
I would enjoy it like in a summum level if I could favourite chapters of manga. I have certain chapters of certain manga, that I consider to be above the rest, and just to show my appreciation, and also to have a kind of direct link to it, I'd like a tab or a list or something of "favourite chapters". It would be very interesting to be able to see it from other users, very, very interesting.

I second this. I think a favorites list for both individual chapters and (the manga titles themselves) would be a pretty great feature to have, especially for long-running series of classics. Not sure how viable would be to implement that for individual chapters, but I'm guessing it would be easier with overall manga series' by just adding another list called "Favorites" under the follows drop down menu under Re-reading.

Aggregator gang
Not allowing recolored versions of manga (specially from people who use other translation groups pages), or If you are unwilling to fix this issue at least make it so you can block a group/user so you don't see their updates (I mean, is really annoying to get a notification on something you aren't interested or need/want like a bad recolor version of a chapter).

Group Leader
does the "stats" section only show chapters uploaded in a user's preferred language? if so, the stat that shows uploaded chapters should have a second stat to show chapters in other languages, separate from the one that shows chapters in the user's preferred language, so that manga with chapters in other languages don't get marked as "no chapters".

additionally, if the "chapters in other languages" stat is clicked on, it should show a listing of all the languages with chapters, and how many chapters are uploaded for each of those languages

Dex-chan lover
"Separate avatars for forums" is listed as rejected, but it's thread has the status planned.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
@Qelix Looks like it got more rejected than planned :x

@tathra Which stats are you talking about? https://mangadex.org/stats This one is currently used to display the last 10 chapters you visited in the language you visited them with.

Dex-chan lover
Oh fuck. I badly need that post-preview function. Or change that the "has been edited"-notice appears if the editing happened 5min after the initial posting. Why isn't there an own thread for that? XD It's important.

Dex-chan lover
I noticed that when someone writes a super long single pseudo-word (like "R[E*10^3]H!"), it stretches the forum sideways beyond reason, forcing readers to use the scrollbar to read even normal posts written in normal English, as they will all be basically a single long line without automatic line breaks. This is highly annoying. I'd gladly simply ignore the no-content post mimicing a monkey screech, but when it makes reading real posts in the thread more difficult, it's not anymore just about ignoring the single foolish person.

Don't add likes/dislikes or post/comment count for anything. If someone wants to be an attention seeker, they can do it somewhere else.

Edit: And this one too:
"*View who is reading the thread" + Ability to be hidden from any such stats (incognito mode)

There should be an option to search / advance search using the Pub. status.
Like, it would be nice to search only the ones that are ongoing or completed or to remove from results the ones that are in hiatus or on hold from release.

Supporter
This is both a feature and a bug, when clicking on an author's name the site should search based on an exact match. I just clicked on "namo" and all authors whose name included "namo" were listed, which is quite a few.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Glimmung The entire artist/author thing is planned to be changed to them having separate pages eventually anyway, so we're probably not going to make any changes to the search behaviour in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread