Forum Suggested Features: Megathread

yu6

Contributor
When searching for manga, I'd be nice if there was a Completed table/strip or something so that we can know if a manga is complete or not
(same if we want to search for them, there isn't a check box for it)

Power Uploader
*follow threads and maybe even users, and get a note when there are new posts made.

I'd like to add that if you create a new thread it should be followed automatically, and if you don't want that to happen you could toggle it on or off in a new forum settings page under profile.

eli

Group Leader
@Potato
I'd like to add that if you create a new thread it should be followed automatically, and if you don't want that to happen you could toggle it on or off in a new forum settings page under profile.
Big +1 to this.

Dex-chan lover
Don't know if I am missing the location to perform a search within the forum. Or it's just not there. Quick search only allows All, Manga, Groups and Users.

I would like to find, solutions and questions. Before making a silly or double effort in my own forum post.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Yeah don't hold your breath for a search feature

yu6

Contributor
Maybe a subforum where users can request to translate some manga? So that if some groups are interested they will know what people want to read

How about making "back to the top" button at the bottom of every page with manga chapters? I'm using long strip mode and often want to go back to the page with all chapters listed after I'm done reading one particular chapter, but have to scroll to the top manually. Just a small QoL feature for long strip mode users.

Alternatively make it so Display Navibar button also displayed the page with the manga I'm reading where I could choose other chapters, not just next/previous chapter at the bottom of the screen.

jak

Contributor
Could we get some sort of "request/suggestion" forum?

jak

Contributor
@Zephyrus - So people can help others find stuff or get recommendations on what to read next.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@jak
I don't think we'll devote an entire subforum to recommendations or search. Why not try starting a rec thread in Manga? You might get a lot of attention!

jak

Contributor
@Zephyrus - I just thought it might be a good idea so if others starting doing it then the regular manga forum wouldn't be swamped with request/find me threads. Just a suggestion, but I'd personally like to see it if possible.

Maybe under Discussion a "Forum Games" section could be added? I've noticed that there are just a few random "Forum Games" type of threads scattered throughout the General section and maybe adding a small section for the games themselves would garner some interest. I didn't see anyone else suggest it yet but maybe I just skimmed over these Suggestion pages too quickly ahurhur. Anyways, thanks for your time ^^

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Forum games are bad and attract nothing but thoughtless shitposting. I would start complaining if people started making much more than there already are.

A mobile app. Seriously, an app with the ability to save followed series for offline reading would be a Huge plus.

Dex-chan lover
Being able to skip forum pages more than 2 pages at a time.

Drop down bar on page select to skip to the page that you want to view? instead of next page, next next page and last page only?

Having the ability to see if you've read a manga in your follows tab would be great. Would help me see what mangas have updated that I haven't read.

Users who are viewing this thread