Forum Suggested Features: Megathread

Dex-chan lover
Only read first page, so not sure if suggested, being able to choose the page to you want to skip to in the forums.

So instead of having only the option of skipping to page 1,2,3 and last page on clicking into a forum. Have a drop down menu to choose the page you want to.

Mainly for threads that have loads of replies and may require multiple readings. (suggested features, last word thread and insult above thread)

Dex-chan lover
I also not sure if this has been suggested but,
is there any way to.. let's say "Block" a forum thread?

Recently I saw the a thread on the home page in the "latest post" section.
So I check the thread, then I found out that I'm not particularly find the thread interesting, so I left.
But then it keep appearing whenever I get back at the home page.

While that is nice, I feel like that thread kinda blocked other threads to appear and me from seeing those other threads that I might be interested to see.

Hence why I want a way to block forum thread.

Search feature for forum if it is not implemented. For my case I wanted to check the perks for being a supporter and I am sure someone must have posted it somewhere but I am unable to find it.

Double-page supporter
Why can't we delete our own comments? Why was that idea rejected?

Looks like this thread is dead but uhh..

A "favourites" tag, that I can also search / filter by in my mdlist;

I have ~180-ish manga in my list, but I *love* only around 20-30ish, so I'd like to add them to "favourites" and be able to see them before the others (I read the others too, but not regularly, I wait for those for a while to pile up then read them)

So yeah, please add favourites, or if it already exists.. please tell me how to favourite a manga

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Beregorn Suggested many times before. Planned

@ABCsOfLife Not planned

@keoxkeox Exact supporter perks aren't confirmed yet, we're thinking about things like allowing supporters to download chapters for offline reading.

@NovaXII We used to allow deleting comments but people abused it, so we disabled it

@awrs1234 It's been suggested but will likely not be implemented

@jebjordan Additional/customized follow categories are planned

is a Reindeer
VIP
@keoxkeox Big rework of comments and forum coming, search is planned. Just not going to be the first thing added

Double-page supporter
@Plykiya How were they abused? our only alternative now is just to edit our comments and say "deleted"

requesting an additional filter/sort for the search to include chapter size

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@NovaXII posted:

Why can't we delete our own comments? Why was that idea rejected?
It's annoying to deal with as a user reading the forum and being confused when there are posts missing without a trace from a conversation. The forum also had some cases that weren't being handled perfectly resulting from deleted posts, so it was just easier to "fix" that by disallowing post deletion.

Basically, the problems and potential problems far outweighed the usefulness.

@MoonlightFairy I second the request for a female protag tag.

We could also have a tag for "that" protagonist. You know the one. The happy-go-lucky, ne'er-do-well, simultaneously self-sacrificing and self-serving little twerp so endearing that he's become the default personality for every male Japanese with a stupid haircut and obligatory harem.

Hello, so... last post from staff in this thread was 2 months ago, and the OP was last edited 8 months ago. Why isn't there an update? Have you guys stopped implementing new features in favor of other stuff? What's going on?

Dex-chan lover
I didnt read all suggestions so maybe this was already suggested, but i think that just as there is a tag for isekai series and other genres, there there should be one for those cultivation xianxia series.

There are a lot of them, actually more than other genres with their own specific tag like Philosophical or Wuxia for example, and a specific tag would make it easier to look for them or block them.

Hello. how about when you see a manga, to show how many chapters are already release...if a manga has 2-3 chapter i dont read that manga because it will be a long time until the story develop...i mean to show the number before you open the manga...when you look through the action list of manga etc...
I dont know if it was already suggested...sorry for my english...

Double-page supporter
(1) Ability to block a group.

Functionally, it should work in much the same way as blocking a user. Go to a group's page and hit the button "Block group" Upon blocking a group, you no longer see releases by that group (they're hidden to you).

Good for people who dislike a group for whatever reason. Say that group has a habit of spoiling mangas by releasing ending chapters or skipping chapters, or they have garbage-tier translations, atrocious grammar because of an ESL proofreader, or you just plain don't like them, or any other reason or non-reason.

Giving users the ability to block a group will give the individual user more control over what type of content (and the quality of that content) they'd like to see.

(2) A separate suggestion also related to blocking: A number displayed showing how many users have blocked you.

Not publicly displayed. Visible only to an individual user when they're logged-in and viewing their own profile (or in some other location if you deem "Profile" to be a bad place for it).

Will show something like a red X icon in Stats which, when moused over would show "Blocked by" and display the number of users blocking you.

To help illustrate the idea, here's an example image:
user-blocking-number-example.png

A way for groups to view their number. Viewable by anyone designated as a "member" of that group.

Would display (again privately, not publicly) on the group's profile page a red X icon in Stats which, when moused over would show "Blocked by" and display the number of users blocking your group. Viewable by group members (or perhaps only the Leader) when they're logged-in.

Example illustration:
group-number-blocking-example.png

Reason for suggestion: Could help users and groups decide whether they need to change something about themselves or how they operate in order to stop being blocked by so many users.

Users who are viewing this thread