Forums are back - what you should know

And the Forums are back
This is either gonna go well or horrible or just a mix i can't tell at this time

reu

Dex-chan lover
Likes/Reactions are near identical to upvotes/downvotes. The people who were arguing against the "voting" system weren't only focused about post visibility and you know that. It's already an eyesore looking at "Reaction score" and knowing that post quality will lower in time due to the inherent negatives of vote systems on forums/comments.
let the "not karma"tm farming begin
hopefully it doesn't turn out like youtube were every other comment just quotes a funny line from the video(manga) in a attempt to fish for likes

Dex-chan lover
hopefully it doesn't turn out like youtube were every other comment just quotes a funny line from the video(manga) in a attempt to fish for likes
That's the least of the problems with the system lol

Dex-chan lover
Well.. They already removed the "Reaction Score" (or at least made it hidden for common users) due to a user that went crazy with negative scoring others... It's only a matter of time before the brigades, dummy "upvote" accounts, and herd mentality voting happens

Dex-chan lover
The comment section is back! And I missed it (happening). And I missed it (dearly all this time).

We had quite the cultivated bunch of terrible and fun fellows back and the comment sections had been a blast, before you-know-what happened.

A cheers to this joyful event! A cheer for the ol'times! And a great cheer to fun times ahead!

reu

Dex-chan lover
That's the least of the problems with the system lol
what do you mean?
Other than some discord cliques banding together to harass some dude or group into stopping their contributions(which already happens, this would just be another toll in their asshat arsenal), I can't really think of a worse fate than this turning into reddit or youtube

Dex-chan lover
what do you mean?
Other than some discord cliques banding together to harass some dude or group into stopping their contributions(which already happens, this would just be another toll in their asshat arsenal), I can't really think of a worse fate than this turning into reddit or youtube
It’s way too easy to abuse the system by making alts to either mass upvote or mass downvote you. Reaction score in aggregate would not mean anything and would only have value per post, although that can be botted as well.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure where to post a casual opinion, but my appreciation of this 'new tab per comment' has gone up significantly in literally one day of use.

I'm too lazy to keep up, but is this already an option? Or will it just become on later?

Dex-chan lover

Hi, Welcome back!​

The forums are now up with a better forum software, use our new authentication server and most v3 content has been backported.
Backported content includes: posts, private messages, polls, v3 comments and user accounts that had at least one of the aforementioned and their avatars.

If you wonder where the comment threads are located:
There is still some work to be done, so I invite you to our new Suggestions forum where you can suggest new things and up/downdoot ones you prefer and our Bugs forums. For general Support queries you can find the Support forum, where any help is very much appreciated.

If you have trouble logging in, head to our discord into the #support channel or email us at support@mangadex.org

New things:​

Post reactions are up/downdoots on posts, that come with a score attached depending on the emote. Depending on your total score, you get different User titles below your post avatars.

To get instant notifications when you receive a DM or a response, go to your preferences and enable Push notifications. While you're there, double check your email preferences to suit your taste.

Coming soon(tm):​

A light theme is in the works but not yet functional, will be added once its ready.

The main site will have an integrated comment system where comments are pulled and created via this forum, but without the need to be linked to a thread.

Site theme will be continuously updated, make sure to report issues in the mentioned forums.

Rules got an overhaul, familiarize yourself with the Terms and Rules page.

Enjoy your stay and happy posting!
Man you guys work hard. Thanks for adding forums back!

Reactions: rdn
Dex-chan lover
Finally, the main reason I always loved mangadex was the comment section. So I was waiting since then.
yay!

Reactions: rdn

Users who are viewing this thread