[Forums] Imgur media embeds are terrible and low quality because they try and do a fancy preview instead of just showing the image

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
cringe imgur embed

UbBPOS6.jpg

Literally just doing it the normal way with "Insert image" instead of "Media" - this works better, can be resized nicely, is higher quality.
Is there a point to keeping the media embed at all? I don't see a reason to.

Power Uploader
Testing: Video embeds from YouTube

cannot use insert image (makes sense lol)
have to use insert media to insert video

Edit for verdict: looks fine tbh so we can't really remove Media embeds. Maybe restrict images to be inserted only using Insert Image

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
testing imgur album embeds entered using Media

verdict: fancy. lets you see pics in the album by going left and right

damnit that's a valid use case

Testing: Video embeds from YouTube

cannot use insert image (makes sense lol)
have to use insert media to insert video

Edit for verdict: looks fine tbh so we can't really remove Media embeds. Maybe restrict images to be inserted only using Insert Image
No issues with the other media embeds, I was specifically complaining about Imgur.

Dex-chan lover
cringe imgur embed

UbBPOS6.jpg

Literally just doing it the normal way with "Insert image" instead of "Media" - this works better, can be resized nicely, is higher quality.
Is there a point to keeping the media embed at all? I don't see a reason to.
I think the point is multi-image albums. If you make a 60 page album do you really want to load in 60 image links one by one?

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
I'm already working on a fix, which is a bit tricky because i only want direct images to embed without an iframe and keep gallery links as they are.

soontm

Users who are viewing this thread