[Forums] Trying to copy text using CTRL + C will automatically select everything when selecting a full single line

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
This seems to happen in any place where you can write inside a text box
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open any text box
2. Write a few lines of text
3. Select a full single line using SHIFT + Arrow keys, or using the mouse
4. Do CTRL + C
Expected behaviour:
Only the selected line will be copied

Current behaviour:
All lines will be selected and copied

I'm currently using Firefox Nightly 110.0a1
I've also tried on Chrome version 108.0.5359.125

Got some proof:
On the user status
nT33PPv4bL.gif

Writting this report has a weird behaviour, but happens anyways
tQBvWVx1HN.gif

Last edited:
Could not reproduce on Chrome Version 108.0.5359.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) or Firefox 108.0.2 (32-bit)

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Could not reproduce on Chrome Version 108.0.5359.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) or Firefox 108.0.2 (32-bit)
Tried same Chrome version 108.0.5359.125
Issue persists

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
In case someone comes up with it, I've also tried disabling all extensions. Didn't work

Dex-chan lover
I couldn't reproduce it either. Have you tried using a textbox on another website, or on a notepad off your computer?

Dex-chan lover
Firefox 108.0.2 (64-bit) Stable with operating system Lubuntu 22.04.1 LTS. Also cannot reproduce.

What is your operating system?

Also there is possibility problem in your hardware (I mean keyboard). Did you also try in another program, such as Notepad in Windows, or whatever your preferred text-editor on your OS?

Last edited:
୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Dex-chan lover
Is this still occurred? Try clear all of your browser cache, or use Incognito mode in Chrome or Private Browsing in Firefox.

There is also possibility of the web asset is corrupts and with clean cache the browser will get new one.

Also probably you also can disable JavaScript just to make sure. I even reply this message with JavaScript is disabled.

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
use Incognito mode in Chrome or Private Browsing in Firefox.
Tried this (on both browsers), didn't work.
There is also possibility of the web asset is corrupts and with clean cache the browser will get new one.
Also this, didn't work.
Also probably you also can disable JavaScript just to make sure. I even reply this message with JavaScript is disabled.
I did this using uBlock Origin, seems to fix the issue. However with JavaScript disabled I don't have access to the fancy features on the textbox.
It's a nice temporary fix though.

Dex-chan lover
The last thing that I didn't try is try it in Windows 11 22H2 OS Build 22621.963. There's also possibility there's that certain JavaScript API implantation on the text box that not running well in said operating system.

I probably can't check in it near time because it seem resource hungry and my system is considered old and cannot upgrade anymore. That's why I use lightweight operating system.

Well, good luck. I hope somebody with same operating system as you can check this too (and this is better if said person from MangaDex staff).

Users who are viewing this thread