Four Years Apart

This is gold! Glad I found it.

I would also like to recommend

1) The Omniscient Point of View of an Unrequited Love

and 2) So I Married An Anti-Fan

Dex-chan lover
I think I've tried reading this 3 or 4 times but every single time, I cant get past the fact that the girl is such a spineless tool to her mom. Just. Fucking. Say. No. Tell her the truth, both of you, and all of this shit would end. God I hate authors who fucking refuse to face the facts of things.

Dex-chan lover
@Sollertia_ No, so I am probably missing out on some of the things when it comes to the way family works in Asian culture (Reading comics, watching tv shows gives a little but for sure not enough), but I have a really hard time with people not talking to each other, keeping it all bottled up inside until shit hits the fan.

I can't get over the fact that I believe this might end up as a shitfest, however I'm still going to read all of it.

Fed-Kun's army
This manhwa already ended in korea so pub. status should be changed to "Completed" with 64 chapters.

27 more chapters! I hope we get one chapter everyday but It seems too difficult to do that so either way I'm just glad to see it being translated so fast!

Dex-chan lover
Why is a mere 4 years being treated as a problem? Even if she's the older one, it's not a huge gap and they're both legal... like, it'd be one thing if she didn't want to date a younger kid... but... yah...

It's alright. Honestly, all the stories I read until now were atleast able to retain a percent of my attention but for this one I couldn't care less of what would happen to both leads even when I reached chapter 11. Wouldn't really recommend it but if you're extremely bored then I guess you could give it a try.

Dex-chan lover
Whoa, 4 years gap? Really? That must be something iMpOsSibLe to overcome...

Sarcasm mode OFF.

Dex-chan lover
only got so far as chp 10.
I would rec to ppl who are looking for a simple love story with no conflicts. No conflicts being misunderstandings that a simple conversation would clear up.

Otherwise
It's really boring. The 4-year gap isn't much of a gap. Both characters have feelings for each other so I don't see why they don't start dating and seeing if they would like to be married after all.

Like it would be interesting if they really did grow apart and they reconnect as friends. She could have a boyfriend and he as just moving into Korea for his senior year of high school so she invites him into her friend's group and he decides to apply to her school after touring her campus and getting to know the students and teachers. And it could be this slice of life where over time they stop seeing the kid they remember and see the person in front of them and end up together as a couple.
Instead
hes is holding onto some childhood drama (she was also a kid at the time but an apology will be nice) and shes overthinking this promised groom nonsense. Like your two normal people in modern Korea. YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO DO. Anyway, they decided that the only way to break the engagement is by having FL mother get a boyfriend so she won't be so obsessed with their engagement. Because just approaching their parents as young adults and saying they don't want to is really unreasonable. They act like children instead of an 18 and 22-year-old. Take control of your lives. Tell your parents "sorry but no" your moms can still be friends with or without the marriage. Besides they seem like nice parents so they will get over it, I dought they will kick you out of the house.

UGH this is too stupid for me but I know somebody prob loves this sort of easy-going, low conflict, no drama (and hey enjoy it! Have fun reading your slow burn romance with all the stumbling blushing small arguments until they say "I like you" and date) but if I have to read a romance with no real conflict than I rather have the two ppl dating already. There are too many romance manga about two idiots attracted to each other but for stupid reasons, they just aren't dating. I rather my two idiots be dating but they are few and hard to find.

To those saying 4 years isn’t a large age gap, it is if you’re at the stage of life that the characters are. They’re in high school and college. If they were 24 and 28 or something, I’d agree it is not as big an issue as they’re in similar stages of life -likely working.

Also, keep in mind that there still is a slight stigma against older women-younger men relationships.

I find it enjoyable to read how the characters feel and overcome their obstacles -whether it be
communicating feelings or overcoming age gaps or overcoming past wounds
- because those are all real struggles people face. These supposedly “minor issues” are in fact big to the individuals at the time and are not that easy to overcome in real life. I find that capturing these moments is part of what makes this webtoon charming. Granted, it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea and that’s just as fair too.

Users who are viewing this thread