FPS de Shoshinsha Bokotte Real Fight ni Hattenshita Kekka w - Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
imagine getting snu-snu'd by a gremlin half your size, until your soul reaches opacity half of the doctor's recommended daily values.

In a sense, this is the epitome of the new romcom meta, Akutsu-san and Uzaki-chan's fathers have set good precedents for these situations.

Contributor
Now this is something I didn't expect. Seems her dad isn't a shota (which was the predictable choice), so no gremlin genes came from his side. He isn't some absolute unit buff guy either.

What's the deal with her dad?
  • Is he a ghost?
  • Did her mom catch the Invisible Man and ended his perverted reign of terror?
  • Maybe he's her imaginary friend turned lover manifested into reality?
  • Or some guy whose nearly absolute lack of presence allowed him to marry a legal loli without landing him in trouble.
Does anyone have an idea as to what Epetarou's name is about? I feel like it has to be some pun or something
in japanese, its written as エペ太郎. エペ being epee, the fencing sword. 太郎/たろう is a name that basically means thick/big around son.

so im guessing it means he has a big dick

(i couldnt really find anything about epetarou being a name on its own, but im just an american, so somebody else might know better)
In Japan, they call the FPS game Apex Legends エペ "Epe" for short, from エーペックスレジェンズ. We know both of them are FPS players, and Apex is a very popular FPS in Japan. 太郎 "Tarou" is a stereotypical common name for a Japanese boy, like "John" in English.

Epetarou isn't actually his real name, but more like his in-game name. Likewise, Ichigo's in-game name is Strawberry Missile, and Ichigo can mean "strawberry".

In chapter 1 we can see Ichigo's Line avatar, a gun that looks very much like the R-99, an SMG from Apex Legends.

Dex-chan lover
Now this is something I didn't expect. Seems her dad isn't a shota (which was the predictable choice), so no gremlin genes came from his side. He isn't some absolute unit buff guy either.

What's the deal with her dad?
  • Is he a ghost?
  • Did her mom catch the Invisible Man and ended his perverted reign of terror?
  • Maybe he's her imaginary friend turned lover manifested into reality?
  • Or some guy whose nearly absolute lack of presence allowed him to marry a legal loli without landing him in trouble.

In Japan, they call the FPS game Apex Legends エペ "Epe" for short, from エーペックスレジェンズ. We know both of them are FPS players, and Apex is a very popular FPS in Japan. 太郎 "Tarou" is a stereotypical common name for a Japanese boy, like "John" in English.

Epetarou isn't actually his real name, but more like his in-game name. Likewise, Ichigo's in-game name is Strawberry Missile, and Ichigo can mean "strawberry".

In chapter 1 we can see Ichigo's Line avatar, a gun that looks very much like the R-99, an SMG from Apex Legends.
I would like to believe in my illusion she is called "Strawberry" While the dude is Hungarian where "Epe(ta)r(ou)" = Eper, which also means strawberry.

In my book, Hungarian language book, it's a W. The dude is gonna get milked for all his berries are worth. From the straw :p

Double-page supporter

ahh okay, thank you. i didnt know about apexs popularity over there and never really played it much myself. i was just guessing based on what i do. the authors name is tarou so it could very well just be a self-insert, but theres plenty of other more common names that could have been picked, so i do still wonder if theres some word play involved.

Contributor
i didnt know about apexs popularity over there and never really played it much myself.
It's insane, actually. I've watched Apex tournaments held in Japan with a much bigger viewership (over 100k viewers for CR Cup) than ALGS (basically the top-tier official tournament for that game). There were show tournaments that even had actors, actresses, singers, comedians, idols and mangaka competing with Vtubers and the usual streamers. I've even heard stories about taxi drivers knowing about Apex. If StarCraft was South Korea's national e-sport, Apex Legends could easily be that game for Japan.

The authors of Kaguya-sama and Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi are known Apex tourney regulars. If you've read Kaguya-sama before, you'll see Apex references leaking into a few chapters because Akasaka Aka was addicted to Apex while he was drawing Kaguya-sama. Whenever he took a break from drawing manga, it was usually because he was either appearing in an Apex tourney, or busy playing Ranked in a new Apex game season.

Valorant has been catching up recently in Japan, but Apex is still big over there. Anyway, this madness is why we're even getting this manga. Maybe all the trash-talking in-game inspired Medatarou to draw this story.

Dex-chan lover
in japanese, its written as エペ太郎. エペ being epee, the fencing sword. 太郎/たろう is a name that basically means thick/big around son.

so im guessing it means he has a big dick

(i couldnt really find anything about epetarou being a name on its own, but im just an american, so somebody else might know better)
I do know about Tarou, of course. And I definitely don't think Epetarou is an actual name

Didn't consider Apex, but given its popularity, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
Dad got a similar trait to Junta Shiraishi from "Kubo-san wa Boku wo Yurusanai". Might be worse, tbh

Dex-chan lover
Gotta love how all of Kyuukei's comments about gremlin wives draining their husbands somehow perfectly fit as a foreshadowing to this chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread