Franken Fran Frantic - Vol. 10 Ch. 60 - Cherry Marriage

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe Fran made her a new sister :dogkek:

I'm not gonna lie, I don't feel any sympathy that she was fucked to death lol
She's basically female version of those pathetic male otakus who are obsessed with idol "purity", or worse, manga character purity, like Kannagi incident.
what’s the kannagi incident?? :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
You can't have shit in Franken Fran. I knew things were ending a bit too happily.

Dex-chan lover
Was the 180x sensitivity really necessary?
I think since she wasn’t erasing memory, that in addition to giving him new equipment she raised the sensitivity so it would feel like a new experience for him.
She just apparently never did the math on how much she had raised it until specifically asked.

Dex-chan lover
what’s the kannagi incident?? :nyoron:
I don't remember the details super well, but basically Kannagi was like a goddess or whatever, and in one chapter it was heavily implied she had a lover long ago, that made some otakus completely lose their minds cause they didn't want a second hand waifu, some even destroyed what they owned of the manga and merchandise, that might or not have something to do with Kannagi kinda of dying and resurrecting with amnesia, making her "pure" again in their eyes, apparently the meltdown of the otakus was so bad it might have contributed to the mangaka poor health at the time.

That's what I remember at least, it was a long ago after all, but shouldn't be too hard to find more details about it.

Dex-chan lover
XLVXlXBn_o.png

Dex-chan lover
Explain the problem here, mainly the "worse" part.
I understand otakus getting crazy over an idol, but manga characters? C'mon man, you gotta think of those poor animu girls, sometimes we need to draw a line somewhere, that is my line :notlikethis:

But in all seriousness, I guess what I meant is on just how deranged and out of touch with reality these otakus become, that they unironically care about a fictional character virginity to that extent.

Not saying it's better that they become like that over real people, it's just that doing that over a fictional character is so deep in the craziness that you might as well lock them and throw away the key.

Although thinking better about it, does it even have any difference between an idol and a fictional character? After all vast majority of idols are basically playing a character, like how wrestling is all fake, so in practice is there any actual distinction between an idol and a manga character? :thonk:

I don't remember the details super well, but basically Kannagi was like a goddess or whatever, and in one chapter it was heavily implied she had a lover long ago, that made some otakus completely lose their minds cause they didn't want a second hand waifu, some even destroyed what they owned of the manga and merchandise, that might or not have something to do with Kannagi kinda of dying and resurrecting with amnesia, making her "pure" again in their eyes, apparently the meltdown of the otakus was so bad it might have contributed to the mangaka poor health at the time.

That's what I remember at least, it was a long ago after all, but shouldn't be too hard to find more details about it.
You don't "remember" shit, having never read the shitpile that was Kannagi.
It was several volumes into what was a cheerful romcom-shounen whose woman author decided to have the main girl both forget the MC and reintroduce her ex-boyfriend and then turned into a depressed drama shitpile while going on about both her ex and her lost memories while treating the MC like shit.
That's why people cut up their books and it was fully justified too.

Dex-chan lover
You don't "remember" shit, having never read the shitpile that was Kannagi.
It was several volumes into what was a cheerful romcom-shounen whose woman author decided to have the main girl both forget the MC and reintroduce her ex-boyfriend and then turned into a depressed drama shitpile while going on about both her ex and her lost memories while treating the MC like shit.
That's why people cut up their books and it was fully justified too.
The drama started as soon as her ex showed up, which was at the end of volume 6, many otakus raged over it, especially on 2chan, which like 4chan is a cesspool, coincidentally the mangaka health got worse at the same time, publisher says it was unrelated to the controversy, but it probably actually made her health issues worse, because the manga even went on hiatus for a few months for her to recover.

Everything else you said? Only happened after the hiatus, way after the controversy started, some belive part of the reason Kannagi got amnesia, died and resurrected as a human was basically damage control, to make her a virgin again in the eyes of the otakus.

It was always entirely about her ex and her possibly not being a virgin.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I understand otakus getting crazy over an idol, but manga characters? C'mon man, you gotta think of those poor animu girls, sometimes we need to draw a line somewhere, that is my line :notlikethis:

But in all seriousness, I guess what I meant is on just how deranged and out of touch with reality these otakus become, that they unironically care about a fictional character virginity to that extent.

Not saying it's better that they become like that over real people, it's just that doing that over a fictional character is so deep in the craziness that you might as well lock them and throw away the key.

Although thinking better about it, does it even have any difference between an idol and a fictional character? After all vast majority of idols are basically playing a character, like how wrestling is all fake, so in practice is there any actual distinction between an idol and a manga character? :thonk:
Otaku acting like that for fictional characters is actually more reasonable than doing so for real people. A character can be an entity which completely embodies an ideal, thus of course it is very common for characters to not be realistic, they are what nobody else is or can be, the way they act is fully unnatural. Based on this, I argue that it is worse to distort these projections than to attack reality. In real life, claims can be truthful or not, and it is good to avoid relying on falsehoods. For fiction, it doesn't matter—if a character is presented as the perfect virgin partner, so she is. It is not something real, you cannot contradict the author's claims, there are no mechanisms for that.

Like you said, idols are personas, but instead of projecting the ideal onto a drawing, it is projected onto a real person, not as an actress playing a role, but to the being itself. Since she is not only not really that girl, she cannot be, believing otherwise requires higher degrees of delusion.

Since 2D otaku seek unquestionably fiction, not reality trying to pose as fiction, and they know for sure that no type of relationship can ever arise because the character is not real, they are far more sensible. The veil of an idol will fall, such inevitability does not exist for 2D, as it can be made not to, since it is dictated by thought rather than nature. From my experience, it is not that hard to find idol otaku who, because she exists, really believes that he somehow could have a chance of dating his favorite idol. This is of course not true.

Notice how I explicitly mention male otaku. For female otaku it is the opposite, because real male idols can and have slept with fans. In this case, the female idol otaku are the more reasonable ones. I would say that even female 2D otaku have better chances of finding a real man who has their desired characteristics than male ones.

Personally, I find most people in any of these mentioned groups to be fucking retards anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread