Freak Island

Me reading gore :
giphy.gif

It mixed with humor, crazy characters and concept.

Read the first 3 chapters, ok... jumped ahead and read 41, WTF! just that...

Read through the first 10 chapters so far. It's an alright horror manga but the initial main cast acts so douchey all the time.

Very little development for the side characters and they sort of feel like the typical horror movie fodder that gets killed randomly.

Dont look at the rating it should be around 8-9 ish,its pretty good in its own,twisted way and its not really edgy as I thought it would be.

Group Leader
Holy, I think the rating is misleading because the the style has the potential to turn people off, but I'm on volume 3 and can attest that it's all good fun. I think you just have to modify your expectations for the genre. The only things that really suck are the university characters but who cares: we get to watch them suffer at the hands of some superhuman mutant things in gnarly gore goodness.

Edit: This is the best written-by-an-insane-author manga I've read. A lot of it doesn't make sense, but it's a roller coaster filled with action and excitement.

Aggregator gang
@Tomie I don't think the raws are past ch 45. So I think we're just waiting for the next volume to come out before translations resume I believe.

Group Leader
@Tomie @raven_freak Hokazono Masaya was sick was more than half a year which stalled all his projects. He's only recently started working again and I think he's looking for a different publisher for Freak Island which will delay it further.

Group Leader
How far ahead is the raw? (not tankobon)
Why the fuck are the japs so smart with their region block shit? I can't bypass the region block of manga LINE and other websites like Abema with my Japanese server VPN.

@chillock117

Group Leader
@SteamedBunInvasion Apparently there's 70 odd chapters in total and hokazono masaya is sitting on them releasing them one a week but the new chapters are only accessible through mangline's app which is region blocked. I've tried to access the app but you need a LINE account registered in Japan and then again the app itself has security. I can get on the manga line website easily through VPN but it's the app which has the new chapters. At the moment we just gotta wait for the volume release unless someone can work their magic. The same applies to the spin off Offal Island

Group Leader
The fuck kinda series is this? It went from The Hills Have Eyes and Texas Chainsaw Massacre to some completely batshit paranormal diarrhea.

I love these fast paced releases, any idea for how long they will keep up?

Users who are viewing this thread