From Leveling Up the Hero to Leveling Up a Nation - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - A Merchant

The author wanted to draw smug loli pantsu 😜

Anyway, seems like he only has a small amount of money if half was already spent on high end geishas.

Im already hooked when we're only 2 chapters in! it really hit us when some sense of reality is portrayed and this is something new thats y its refreshing. I genuinely enjoy this

Dex-chan lover
Okay, this is pretty good. I'm glad its not an OP knockout power type story
and it's just about a guy starting a new life outside the Hero's life

Dex-chan lover
holy shit their math is in base 64, look at the size of that abacus! absolute unit

Dex-chan lover
It seems like this is going to be a harem but not forced like the other ones where the mc is also kicked out of the party and becomes powerful and full edgy in 1 chapter, this one seems nice. But well obviously this shit is gonna have some cliche fanservice.

Dex-chan lover
@Alton93
His "ex"(he broke up with her because he was being kicked out and the leader had the hots for her, his self worth needs a bit of work, and yes it's implied that they still love each other and no said leader stands no chance) ends up following him at some point according to some spoilers i read before returning to the party, but that's all i know.
One of the biggest complaints i see about the novel is that the MC is too selfless for his own good.

Fed-Kun's army
@Alton93 I'm pretty sure Cross is truly his friend, the only reason he kicked him out was because Eiga could get hurt or die if he continued travelling with him. and I guess Tiana since she did visit him before he left. Also I wouldn't be surprised if Eima was actually a tsundere. the point is, I'm pretty sure no one actually disliked him he was kicked out for his own good

Honestly, I think this man can use his reputation a lot more to build his kingdom. I know he's kept his power a secret for quite a while, but I think it's a good time to reveal it. It's practically the same as "Appraisal Aristocrat" but difference is that MC is a kid in that manga, so it is in his best interest to keep it a secret until he can secure his safety. But here, MC is at the least above the average adventurer, and in the worst situation could still be backed up by his former acquaintances. Reminder, they don't hate him at all, the split came down to a very reasonable understanding from both sides, and he was even compensated with a whole fiefdom, albeit one in poor condition, but he definitely has potential for greatness as a leader.

So if he used his reputation, he can very easily attract hundreds, or even thousands of people coming to help the person that personally trained, mentored and grew the famous hero party. Neither does it need to even be infantry or adventurers, but bureaucrats, more merchants, lords, nobles, and some of the most efficient farmers. As long as the world understands that his power isn't limited to training just adventurers, but even recognizing the true talents of any person.

Dex-chan lover
Eh this manga seems interesting. I guess he will recruit a lot of interesting people. Also really interested to see how much detail it's willing to go into. I hope that it will be alot of details, and that the reconstruction itself of this place will take a lot of time, chapters and efforts. Basically, that it's the main point of the manga.

I also assume Tiana will follow him at some point, it's obvious they like each other... Not sure about the harem tag. We'll see how it pans out. I generally am not much of a fan of harems, but if it's well done...

Definitely not a fan of the brothel part though. Not because of him getting laid, but because of the prostitution bit. If he had hooked up with a random girl in a tavern and had a night, I would not have said anything, but prostitution I don't like.

Dex-chan lover
This is just a guess but I feel like he'll build a kingdom

Dex-chan lover
I would have enjoyed this more if it wasn't for the merchant.

I do not understand at all how getting someone stranded at a brothel is a test. Please someone explain it to me like I am a small kid.
So he left the Party, he ended up drinking in a brothel with some high class prostitutes, paid 50 mil. The Test was to check if he is a guy who spends his money willy nilly? If he is, no Peddler/Merchant would want to do any business with him. WELL didn't he get boozed up and had the hookers? He did...so what is the matter here? That he paid in full? Honestly...I would have been hella mad, if someone recommended a place, we party and I end up with his bill too.

my hope is that he starts training people and starts sending them to the hero's party or he starts a merc business

So what was the merchant's plan if his little "test" failed and the MC had actually been someone he wanted to keep away from? Flee for his life as he's chased by an angry ex hero with a serious grudge?

Users who are viewing this thread