From the Grave and Back

@iiLumosii can see why his character would currently bother you. In my case rather than finding it irritating, I'm glad his character is consistent between before and after the body switch, since the environment he's in is now very different from before. Originally he works his butt off into his what, late 30s? Just to get some recognitiom from his family, and had only himself to look after his well being. That no doubt formed some strong beliefs and character traits. Now he's in a situation on the opposite side of the spectrum, so now he's the callous/"cruel" one (as opposed to his original family) even though he's acting exactly the same as before - looking out for himself. He's not able to think about others as he's had to go so long only thinking about himself. So now his character development will be just that - moving to a state where he can see beyond his revenge and himself to thinking about others - and being able to get something he always wanted, a family's love/bond.

I love character developmemt, especially when it starts with a strongly defined character. Usually they're annoying, but having a lot of room to grow just makes the ride more enjoyable.

That said one thing did tick me off:
the "buff" friend getting pissy with him for wanting to know how his new body had died/"how dare you make your family sad by asking them that question", and the other guy for tryibg to deflect the question. Like excuse me, even if there wasnt a body switch and it was a memory loss, it's his life, he has every right to know what happened. Considering how strongly the characters reacted to his question several times, i'm wondering if it's that damn stigma around depression/suicide that made the author write it like that. Subliminal messages. And in this case i'm glad the MC is "callous" enough to keep asking the question, because that whole thing and drama was total BS.

@toomanywords I understand what you mean and I can totally agree with you, but that I just see a different point of view, I’m more interested in how the body’s character was like before and what exactly happened to understand why his friends are acting the way they are. I can also agree with you that the ‘buff’ friend is overreacting and that it’s not exactly his problem that he’s so focused on himself and I agree, but his behavior just irritates me.

I also would like to add that the friends sometimes acts as if the incident never happened, I guess the cause can be because they were overwhelmed with the incident happening and him ‘losing’ his memories, but they never tell him any strong information on his character, except the fact that they told him, he loved football, his injury, and that he was going to attend in a important football game. They don’t let him understand the situation about his ‘past’ which led to their argument. I understand that the friends were relieved and didn’t want some type of incident to happen again, but they are putting him in the dark and the situation will get worse the more time they keep wasting in not telling him. So, I think part of the reason why the mc is acting this way is because of the friends.

I respect your point of view on his behavior and I just wanted to explain mine, since I believe this will cause an misunderstanding in people who are about to read the manga, but read the comments first to see if it’s somewhat what they wanted to find.

Damn, I need more of this! When Koreans don't pull the rapey shit and the saviour schtick, they can really make some good shit!

I LOVE YOU!!!
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR THE SCANLATIONS!!!!!
I LOVE THIS, GAH I LOVE THIS SOO SO MUCH !!!! 😍😍😍☺☺💛❤💓💘💟💞💌💚💙💖❣💕💝💜💗

This is amazing! Thank you so much for the mass release!
Does anyone have any recommendations for stuff that's like this? thx

This has a good plot, the downside for me is almost every chapter is about punch and kick moment, like every bad guy is just too hot blooded and has nasty temper

32 chapters and MC still hasn't enter the game to destroy his real enemy (I guess still only plans and get information) but dealing with the body's enemy first 👍

Users who are viewing this thread