Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Fed-Kun's army
@ribbitribbitsaga read up on intersex classifications

all forms of AIS, even the form where your born with a perfect female body, is classed as a "male disorder" because it ONLY effects those with XY chromosomes (male chromosomes), it does not however mean everyone with the disorder is male ... PAIS type 4 and 5 are classified as female at birth, and CAIS type 6 and 7 are female at birth as well ... i have PAIS type 3 which can be classed as male or female depending on various factors such as specific development, and parents and doctors recommendations, i happened to have been assigned as a female and hence raised as one, so while i have a "male (XY)" disorder, i am (biologically) female, and always have been, the reason i said legal was because not many people realize biology is more then just chromosomes, so i used a term more people would understand

as for this mangas character, it is impossible to know if they are male or female, as we do not know their actual intersex condition, intersex isnt 1 thing, they could have an XX condition for example, or their genitals may have been ambiguous, we really cant tell unless we have more information

@brunocar maybe it is preachy, but this manga was created and written with the intent to focus on an intersex character, so its by design, its not like mangas or any media about gay people have a preachy feeling to them as well. im not saying you have to like it, im just saying im quite happy it even exists, even if its written poorly

Fed-Kun's army
@KebabRemover yes, call a traumatic physical condition "autism" ... how quaint... and your edit is getting reported, im sorry, but thats NOT how intersex assignments work, my condition does not make me a "failed man" i was born and raised as a female, my doctors at birth literally wrote in my birth certificate that im female. go be an asshole somewhere else

educate yourself before you look like a clown: http://www.isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex
XY intersex women arent "failed men" as medical consensus shows for centuries, even the most transphobic people will acknowledge XY intersex women are women, because its a literal physical deformity which effects sexual development you clown

Group Leader
@Nari Nobody cares about your autism and your intersex bullshit. You're sperging about a shitpost in a dumb manga's comment section. Go preach your crap to someone who cares.

Double-page supporter
@Nari
A Komodo Dragon is still a type of lizard and you are still a male, the doctors just wanted you to cope as a female.

Fed-Kun's army
@Nari fair enough, if it makes you happy thats fine, im just saying that bad representation can end up being counterproductive to the goal of normalizing it

Fed-Kun's army
@KebabRemover Intersex is a physical condition, its not bullshit, and i didnt sperg about anything, i was excited about a manga featuring intersex characters and attempted to share some facts since people in here were spreading semi-wrong facts

@ribbitribbitsaga go read the science, thats not how sex is determined, if you have XY but are born with a complete working female body, your female end of story
(btw, your anaology is really bad, as lizards are a species family, not a sex, go find a real analogy, or better yet, got speak to a doctor and get educated)

both of you are reported for HIGHLY offensive comments

Fed-Kun's army
oh man, i wish i saw what he said to me on that last bit, more then likely its some typical anti-trans attack, as they have been doing even though im not trans lol

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
@ribbitribbitsaga
That really came across as rude; try to be a bit more polite, please.

Also, your intended oversimplification/metaphor doesn't really work in the greater context of the discussion because varanid reptiles (and birds) have ZW sex chromosomes unlike those of mammals, and reptiles as a whole have a wide array of reproductive variables, from egg-laying to live young to parthenogenesis and depending on the species, can have sex determined by either genes or ambient temperature.

Cheers,
-Daviot...who totally got a 5 on AP Biology back in the day. :3

SJW trash. And as usual garbage censorship in the comments. Good thing the site is kinda useless now due to so many groups pulling their releases.

@nari nice frame boyo

Fed-Kun's army
@Harem_Sovereign frame?

and if your calling this manga SJW, it really isnt, the MC has a medical condition, its not transgender, its intersex which has nothing to do with SJW or identity politics

and the censorship in this case is pretty valid, the things being said were overtly aggressive, 100% medically inaccurate, and was needlessly provocative, i almost never support censorship as i dont really condone SJW politics, but some things go too far, and to me, too far is spreading 100% false information about things in your quest to insult
the claim in question being that XY females (XY, but born with completely female bodies and reproductive tracts) are "failed males" and "men no matter what" ... sadly thats not how medical science works, we didnt even discover Chromosomes until 100 years ago so they never were a qualifer to determine sex

if your going to insult me, have at it, im a massive M so it will just turn me on, but dont spread false and damaging information about other peoples medical conditions

Dex-chan lover
hmmm aside from the usual clusterfuck that is the comment section of any lgbt manga, gotta admit this is pretty awkward and over dramatic
most people don't react like that, unless they're brats

Aggregator gang
Wtf? I guess getting isolated from his/her peers stunted his/her mental growth because just like elefantine97 said that was extremely overdramatic. I mean whatever hopefully the 2nd chapter is better than the first :p.

Fed-Kun's army
Just making sure, is the 2nd MC a person born without a working sex organ? I'd assume thats possible with how mutations are. Just asking because i define gender as "Male = able to produce sperm capable of impregnating an egg | Female = Able to produce an egg thats able to be impregnated by a sperm" I've come to that conclusion since people have been born without their full package and had donor or synthetic replacements put in, like the girl who was born without a womb. You can say you are whatever you want to be, but for medical science, some drugs effect sperm cells differently from egg cells and vice versa, so its nessicary for doctors to know which drugs they can perscribe and not get sued for turning someone sterile.

So if the 2nd MC doesnt have either "ability" i'd say there needs to be a third option on gender sections of paperwork since that could mean they could have both a medicne that works for males and one for females and choose the one with the side effects they like the most. (That actualy sounds like a sweet benefit, though not enough to make up for being forced to adopt, but hey! gotta take what you can get.)

Being allowed to call yourself what you want does NOT mean you can pick and choose on your medical forms, just means you get the propper responses from people you communicate with. So please dont try and say there needs to be 50 different options instead of the M|F(and hopefully N for Neither one day) we already have. It's just unessicary complication for the sake of "going against the norm".

And one last thing, Gender and Sexual Preference are different so dont get confused and think a doctors homophobic when you are a male and identified on paperwork by them as male or vice versa, your allowed to think your a woman and like males as a man or think your a man and like females as a woman, but like i said above, drigs are some specific fucking shit sometimes, your only hurting yourself in the end if you cant see the difference.

(Just googled the definition of gender again to make sure i wasnt in the wrong and found out there IS a gender for the 2nd MC! "Neuter" .. though the thing i found sounds rather insulting.. "Neuter Gender : A noun that denotes a lifeless thing is called Neuter Gender. Neuter means neither male nor female." I mean.. i guess they mean "lifeless" as in "unable to produce life" but it still sounds like they are saying they arent alive.. :( oh and for being "either or" there is "Common" sounds nice unlike Neuter, like they are the common ground between the genders or something. Hopefully one day we can all learn to just be happy with each-other instead of trying to change things that dont need changing instead of the things that do(the right to marry anyone you want as long as they are of legal age, actual consequences for people ruining others lives with fake rape allegations, laws preventing religious orginizations from controling US law when religion is supposed to be seperate from the judicial system, the right to practice religion so long as the religion doesnt force anyone to do something they dont want or cause harm upon others, just to name a few..)

Dex-chan lover
What the hell just happened???
Saying hmmmmm in the most echoing sound with infinite amount of reverb possible...

Users who are viewing this thread