Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Aggregator gang
@Fox_Sama "Cute but honestly cringe, you're dressing like a girl sooo wouldn't that mean you want to be a girl????? All this gender shit is so annoyingly confusing, choose one or the other I just want to read about some cute bois."

the fuck? no, how you dress has nothing to do with gender, guys can like wearing dresses and makeup, and girls can like wearing overalls and getting dirty, jeesh

EDIT: wait, you have an Astolfo profile pic yet are arguing that clothes determine gender? wow, ok.

Aggregator gang
@TDSgaming "Just to clarify, are they biologically m-f or mentally?"
@H0P3L3_SS "Mogumo was born male but identifies as neither female nor male, so they are non-binary"

no, they were born M*F, intersex, Intersex people are people who have genetic or physical deformities which make them not fully male or female, such as lack of genitals, both genitals, non-standard chromosomes, in Japan they are labeled as both sexes, aka M*F, and hence was not "born male", they were born intersex

hermaphrodite is considered a derogatory term, and, while its possible to be born with both genitals, they arent properly fully developed, so no futas exist irl, atleast not the way people hope for

@liquid_2 no problem, im intersex myself so i was easily able to recognize the tell tale signs (honestly the gender marker is the clincher, japan doesnt allow gender markers to differ from genitals, so since they have M*F both, it means they are genuinely intersex, not just a male who identifies as nonbinary) and it annoys me how many people overlook these signs, they are blatantly obvious

Aggregator gang
they arent *signs*, this perhaps an issue with the difference between western common sense and eastern common sense, the author wasnt just "signing" it, the M*F itself was a dead giveaway, BECAUSE people in japan actually know how their countries gender markers work. just because your western and therefore arent aware on how japans laws work on this topic, doesnt mean its just "looking for signs"
-sincerely, an intersex asian who was born in Japan.... and hence also had the M*F marker

Double-page supporter
@Nari again ty for your tireless efforts in this thread!

just wanted to clarify (after getting caught up and after seeing in interview w the author (see some of the newer comments on the series itself)) that mogumo is nonbinary and not intersex. this chapter was quite confusing in this regard but it does get clearer later one

Rereading this in English because I forgot to buy the raws when I last could afford to.

Geeez is it frustrating seeing “he/him” even after Mogu comes out.
Took forever for the scanlation to get it together.
So I really need to make sure I can afford it next time I want to read it.
I hate COVID times.

@Nari
I’m really surprised how deep you dug the trench for “not enby, intersex” when it was well established to be the former years ago.
The translation is pretty good, aside the pronouns.

You can check against a number of raw chapters online for free.

But yeah. Mogu is AMAB enby. So it goes.

This manga is pretty interesting. I'd say the weak point is the characters' personalities. There's some good development, but the main draw for me is the subject matter (which is pretty rare, if non-existant in manga). Overall interesting series so far, and I'm happy to see it kept apolitical. Maybe these topics aren't as politicized in Japan as they are in the West?

Low key wish the scanulator kept the pronoun as they, but okay. Im glad someone's covering this topic through this type of media.

not surprised that there are people shitting on this considering how this community can be, but cmon, did you even read the description? it's actually funny to me that people are clicking on something that they know will get them mad. like can't you spend your time reading something you actually know you will enjoy?

Users who are viewing this thread