Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 5 Ch. 26

Dad still being inconsiderate tho.
edit: Also, to think that your children gonna understand you with 'rough love' is a fatal mistake.
edit2: The flashback didn't justified dad action. It's just make the situation worse.

Supporter
Wow. I was very confused the first few pages. I thought it was a flashforward to the mc having a kid

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't justify the everything, but hey, some background helps give us a better picture.

I, for one, am glad they are showing the dad's history and thought process rather than going cliché "traditional father doesn't care or want for anything else than traditional norms." Makes him more of an actual character as it could have been so easy to just write him as "Ain't no son of mine a fag."
Doesn't justify his actions but at least we know where he's coming from, especially considering his own upbringing.

Also no physical domestic abuse so that's a point towards an actual conversation. I don't expect or need him to understand (completely) but if he gets to "if this makes you happy, I'll live with it" level, that's more than most other father figures in these kind of situations tend to have going for them.

Power Uploader
Getting real tired of the repeating cycle of the whole "this character acts horrible" but "oh no they also have a sad backstory, please feel sorry for them".

Banned
Father just wanted normal family

What a lack of a father figure does to a mf

Hold up he's gonna introduce his boyfriend to his dad? Bro dad's gonna be pissed

Dex-chan lover
powermove: slap mogumo's ass in front of the dad
real powermove: slap the dad's ass

Dex-chan lover
@PredatorDuck That was not really a "sad" backstory though. Just a backstory to explain his thoughts and how he feels. It's not like he lost his job and became grumpy, it's not like he was abused by his own father, its also not like he had something dramatic happen in his life to change him to be like this. It's the complete opposite. It shows how completely normal and happy his life was up till this point.

Dex-chan lover
there's nothing like sad, but dad really feels like he missed the important period there. good.

@PredatorDuck its not a sad backstory its literally just expansion on his motivations and thoughts its not meant to make you forgive or sympathize with him its just meant to make you understand him as a character

Users who are viewing this thread