Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Double-page supporter
FAMILY PROGRESS! ....

The manga had a good run for 5 volumes. Interesting what the author will come up next

They’re a different person to me to have love left for a father like that.

Then again, my father’s a worse person by far.

So, are Mei and Kotone getting a spin-off now, oooooor....

Dex-chan lover
I always enjoyed this manga, but it recently took on a whole new meaning after my sister came out as trans a few months ago. This arc, in particular, has been quite the trip. I’m sad to see it end, but I’m happy the author is seemingly ending it on their own terms.

Haaah, that's a few months of tension built finally released. Sadly it doesn't always work out this neatly in the real world, sometimes the parent/s will never listen. I'm glad Tetsu didn't dance around their relationship at all. Went at it plain and straight-to-the-point. No matter what Mogumu's family did after that or what they thought, Mogumu could have left and still had a happy life with someone who really understands and cares. Glad they did relent, mind, but Tetsu's love means it would have always had a happy ending. Truly is the best boy.

Dex-chan lover
Could've definitely be someone's case irl.
Great execution.

@coffeebubbles from the cases of rejecting their own children's request are happening in areas with large groups of people who are of Abrahamic religions though. Comparing to places in Asia, it ain't that bad at all, in fact most parents accepted their children's choice. The only difference that might change the outcomes is how those parents are raised or raised to believe.

Dex-chan lover
Okay it's really nice that me finally got a conclusion to this

But where tf is my dad-punching session?

Dex-chan lover
Ok these few chapters were for some reason painful to read through but I'm glad it happened. Guess the rest of the story would become much better with these events having happened.

This chapter made me tear up. I’m so happy Mogumo’s mom spoke up in support. I think Mogumo’s dad wanted the best for Mogumo too, but in a misguided narrow minded way. But this chapter gave the impression that he was finally realising that maybe he was not right and showed some willingness to learn. It’s a step. I believe it’s important to Mogumo to have his family’s support, because they are important to Mogumo. If Mogumo’s father had kept denying Mogumo’s identify, I think Mogumo would have kept being torn between being who he is, and the bond to his family. But with this chapter, the door to both seems to be opening.

Dex-chan lover
Gosh, im crying. That mom really did what she could despite what she was going through, and just Im crying TwT

Double-page supporter
Will Tetsu feel the same way after Mogumo grows up and goes through puberty? He's never shown attraction to any adults, so it's hard to judge his preferences. Would he feel the same way about Mogumo if he didn't work in a girly boy cafe with his brother?

Statistics tell a harsh story. Ben Shapiro memes have fallen out of favor, but some are still relevant. Especially the 2% = 40% which should be the most alarming.

The worst part of Mogumo's situation, is Tetsu is basically taking advantage of him.

Tetsu doesn't identify as a girl, he's stated that multiple times. He likes the trends and fashion of women. But these things are only considered feminine by society. Mogumo was desperate for acceptance, and he met Tetsu, who encouraged his interests. If Mogumo met a girl that also encouraged those interests, there would also be affection.

Tetsu is basically using Mogumo's dependency as a way to get physical gratification. And part of that was bringing Mogumo into a place he controls, the cafe. The boys in the cafe weren't really the same as Mogumo, but in a way Tetsu guided Mogumo into becoming like them and his sibling, who actually does identify as a girl. Tetsu groomed Mogumo into being the partner he wanted, although I think Tetsu thought he was just helping.

It mirrors Suzu and Haruto's situation in the author's hentai story in the same universe. Where Suzu is taking advantage of Haruto's fetish to rope him into a relationship.

Well this hits a little too close to home, but that's what makes it so beautiful to me and many of you. I've never before read a manga that full-on tackled gender identity and it's real-life social consequences. Absolutely incredible!

If the series does end with the next chapter, I'll be sad, but it wouldn't feel wrong, either. With their parents' understanding, Mogumo will finally be able to live the life that makes them happy, and that seems just a good a place as any to leave it.

I would love to see this series receive an anime adaptation. Given the subject matter, I'm not sure how well-received it would be on a general level, but I'm certain that people in a position similar to Mogumo and their friends would really appreciate it. Myself included.

@NuMu Whoa whoa whoa. Where are you getting all these ideas about Tetsu from? There is nothing in the manga that indicates that Tetsu simply likes women's trends and fashions., nor that he simply wanted Mogumo to conform to his own preferences. Granted, I haven't read Kimi Dake no Ponytail (And I can't even find it anywhere) so I can't comment on that one, but I think you're reading too deep into Tetsu's character. For one, the manga does have an example of someone doing this to Mogumo: Kotone. She wanted to use Mogumo as a stand-in for a girl because she felt she couldn't ever be in a real lesbian relationship and even tried to make Mogumo wear girly things, and Mogumo explicitly called her out on it, telling her not to use them as a replacement for a girl. Sakura tried to force Mogumo to wear cute hair accessories, knowing they wanted to be more like her, and as a means of subtly blaming them for what happened with their family and as a means of controlling them. Tetsu even points out straight up that when Mogumo saw Sakura again, Mogumo basically became Sakura's puppet, which he knows is wrong of Sakura to do to them. Sakura and Kotone were the ones taking advantage of Mogumo, not Tetsu. Besides, people who groom others are typically predators, and there's nothing in the manga showing that Tetsu has some kind of malicious ulterior motive for wanting to help Mogumo. Have you forgotten that early in the series, Kotone forces Tetsu to question his relationship with Mogumo for her own gratification? And keep in mind, Tetsu has never expected anything in return for his assistance and support. If he really wanted to take advantage of Mogumo and groom them, he would have probably done that, which he hasn't.

Dex-chan lover
@hinaP hell yeah lol, random trans guy is living his best life

@Juliko to find it on mangadex you first have to turn on the ability to see hentai, and fair warning its definitely hentai

Users who are viewing this thread